Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

Quote from: WarriorPoet on November 25, 2020, 01:14:36 PM
Kuku dragged the Wind unto the whole mess when all I wanted to do was get drunk at the bar and get paid to not burn farms. Worked out extremely well until it suddenly didn't.

Great fun!

I can't tell time and this caused Kuku to totally miss a thing related to farms, and I was so goddamn upset. I rue that temporal miscalculation to this day.

Quote from: Brytta LĂ©ofa on November 29, 2020, 10:00:49 PM
Kukuali was my favorite person to randomly pester with my nobody whiran. Don't think I ever got you to drink my tea, though.

Now I'm trying to remember a tea-bearing whiran and I cannot for the life of me. There was too much tea and whira in her world. She loved tea so I am shocked you couldn't get her to drink it :p
You begin searching the area intently.
You look around, but don't find any large wood.
You think: "Story of my life."

What the fuck happened to Vec? That bastard was a riot.
Quote from: Lotion on August 20, 2020, 06:40:50 AMresting as a city elf walking in the wilderness because "I was so close" and then got jumped by things that could easily kill me and I didn't have the stamina to escape.

November 30, 2020, 04:33:07 PM #1177 Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 04:35:54 PM by Barsook
Sounds like they stored their PC.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

December 07, 2020, 12:04:47 PM #1178 Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 12:08:03 PM by Feco
Quote from: mirk_o_loio on November 22, 2020, 04:26:29 AM
@Feco,

I played with you back then. Y'made me First Reaver and showed me all these awesome places I won't mention RN since IDK if there'S still shit there. We tossed rocks at an ankheg and I was killed by another jealous dwarf after you made me first Reaver. Did y'kill that dwarf?

Haha, Stomas, right?  Killed by Jibril.  Lots of great memories.

Jibril actually fessed up to it if I remember correctly, and I thought it was kinda badass, so I made him First Reaver!  hah!  Seemed like a very Crimson Wind thing to do.

Quote from: Barsook on November 22, 2020, 01:10:53 PM
Whatever happened to Haze, the Whatsit?

Has it been a year for this one?

Also known as Hazia and then Roj'Piente?  Or a different one?

If so, he joined the Crimson Wind, and Amon'Ma ended up killing him.  If I remember correctly, he did some very unwise things that turned the robbery of Dooly the crafter into a murder, which wasn't ideal for a variety of reasons.  Amon'Ma also saw a serious threat in him, and took the killing as an excuse to just kill him.

I missed him very frequently after that.  Absolute hoot to play around.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Whatever happened to that dude who worked with/for crimson wind. He was an excellent painter.  My Rinthi elf contracted him to draw dozens of caricatures of a templar we wanted to punish. We then spread the drawings everywhere. Those drawings were sooooo well written. They were absolutely awesome.

Quote from: ignealea on November 14, 2020, 06:04:55 PM
Anyway, she failed some tests she was given, a couple of recruits killed a private, which caused for her to get demoted back to Corporal, and after that, all of the unit turned on her. It was either, store, desert, or get executed, (which I am sure was next). Ryali was a survivor and would do anything to keep herself alive.
Hey! That was my Private, I think! I wondered at the time if Ryali was secretly behind that for some reason, since I saw she got demoted right after. I kind of liked how that death worked out, since I think it was the day after Maya told Ryali she didn't trust one of those recruits. I'm late on this, but what was she demoted for?

Quote from: KittenLicks on December 08, 2020, 12:52:54 PM
Anyway, she failed some tests she was given, a couple of recruits killed a private, which caused for her to get demoted back to Corporal, and after that, all of the unit turned on her. It was either, store, desert, or get executed, (which I am sure was next). Ryali was a survivor and would do anything to keep herself alive.
Hey! That was my Private, I think! I wondered at the time if Ryali was secretly behind that for some reason, since I saw she got demoted right after. I kind of liked how that death worked out, since I think it was the day after Maya told Ryali she didn't trust one of those recruits. I'm late on this, but what was she demoted for?

As a Recruit coming into the AoD I heard about the whole situation with Maya getting killed, Ryali, etc. That was some drama alright, and while I didn't witness it directly it sounds like everyone roleplayed their hearts out and it was heard about for in-game years to come!
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

December 08, 2020, 05:40:32 PM #1182 Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 05:44:13 PM by ignealea
She actually got demoted for not being able to control her recruits, and the death of the Private pretty much. Ryali felt guilt in that for not being able to protect her. And she absolutely had nothing to do with her death. Also Im guessing another reason she got demoted was because she didn't kill enough people? I think what was actually said is she wasnt "climb a roof with a knife in her hand" type of Sergeant. *shrug* There is a lot more to her story and all that, I leave out. But let me say this, Ryali didn't have to kill people, people killed for her. Meaning, people died because of Ryali. Not exactly something she went bragging about.  ;)

Ryali managed to survive a lot of executions. I joked with some elves that she didn't even need to be framed, the silkies and their squarehead pitches would find their own way to off her

Quote from: Dar on December 08, 2020, 08:25:11 PM
Ryali managed to survive a lot of executions. I joked with some elves that she didn't even need to be framed, the silkies and their squarehead pitches would find their own way to off her
Yep, it was one accusation after another. I mentioned there was a templar who wanted her head, yes? He just never got it. People keep bringing up the RPT war thingy, and I so badly wanted to beg the staff to unstore Ryali just for that fight. But, I didn't, and honestly at the time I would have missed all the fights anyway due to my work schedule. But that was the only way I would have wanted her to DIE, fighting against (that templar) as well as those that "Betrayed" her. It would have been an epic end to her. But, winning the game and storing, was better too. :P

Thanks for keeping her memory alive! She was amazing to play even through all the bull shit. Trust me there was a lot.

Quote from: triste on December 08, 2020, 01:14:44 PM

As a Recruit coming into the AoD I heard about the whole situation with Maya getting killed, Ryali, etc. That was some drama alright, and while I didn't witness it directly it sounds like everyone roleplayed their hearts out and it was heard about for in-game years to come!

I have to correct you on this, you heard what "they" wanted you to hear. But not the truth of it, or well, at least Ryali's side. She had another recruit find her mind after she deserted vowing that she (the recruit) would fiind her and kill her. Ryali egged that on, told the girl to "Bring it". Ryali was a beast. Legendary ranger, who did A LOT of training. Maxed weapon skills. As I said before. She waited for those bounty hunters. She also waited for a certain someone to "try" and kill her. She wasn't stupid. I really should have let that tembo eat him. :P (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE).

Quote from: ignealea on December 08, 2020, 09:18:36 PM

I have to correct you on this, you heard what "they" wanted you to hear. But not the truth of it, or well, at least Ryali's side. She had another recruit find her mind after she deserted vowing that she (the recruit) would fiind her and kill her. Ryali egged that on, told the girl to "Bring it". Ryali was a beast. Legendary ranger, who did A LOT of training. Maxed weapon skills. As I said before. She waited for those bounty hunters. She also waited for a certain someone to "try" and kill her. She wasn't stupid. I really should have let that tembo eat him. :P (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE).

I knew Ryali on one of my  aides? I think

I don't remember a ton of it but I think I contacted you towards the end and wished you luck and told you I wouldn't do the standard 'uwu hunt for you shit', and I meant it.
Mostly because IC I thought you were kinda neat and assumed you had your reasons.
Also because literally what the fuck am I going to do that anyone else couldn't do? It's silly for everyone to nonstop be never ending information source spy man.
Ryali was  cool.    6t

Quote from: Jihelu on December 08, 2020, 10:49:39 PM

I don't remember a ton of it but I think I contacted you towards the end and wished you luck and told you I wouldn't do the standard 'uwu hunt for you shit', and I meant it.
Mostly because IC I thought you were kinda neat and assumed you had your reasons.
Also because literally what the fuck am I going to do that anyone else couldn't do? It's silly for everyone to nonstop be never ending information source spy man.
Ryali was  cool.    6t

There were a few who found here head, so I can't remember which Aide you are talking about? Thanks for thinking she was neat! I think she was, for the most part!

The Silt Verrin vs Sun Runners

Approximately 5 years ago, I played a runaway mul who formed a rather successful silt skimmer crew known as the Silt Verrin. For a long time, the mul and his crew successfully traded with the Sun Runners. However, one day without warning, the mul and his crew were ambushed by the Sun Runners in the mantis valley. The battle continued into the tablelands with everyone except the mul captain being killed. Later, the captain returned with more powerful allies and extracted his revenge. Of particular note, one of the offending elves was captured, involuntarily gemmed, and turned over to an Allanaki PC templar. Since runaway muls spend little time in Allanak, I've always wondered... what happened to the gemmed Sun Runner? Why did they unexpectedly attack their peaceful trading partners? Enquiring minds want to know...
"Let sleeping characters sleep naked." -Azroen

Quote from: ignealea on December 08, 2020, 11:36:02 PM
Quote from: Jihelu on December 08, 2020, 10:49:39 PM

Ryali was  cool.    6t

There were a few who found here head, so I can't remember which Aide you are talking about? Thanks for thinking she was neat! I think she was, for the most part!

Kin-Did-Ku  or  Calrune,  I can't remember which  or when I played either.

Quote from: Dar on December 07, 2020, 12:37:03 PM
Whatever happened to that dude who worked with/for crimson wind. He was an excellent painter.  My Rinthi elf contracted him to draw dozens of caricatures of a templar we wanted to punish. We then spread the drawings everywhere. Those drawings were sooooo well written. They were absolutely awesome.

Lyras!  Murdered.  If I remember correctly, poison dart to the neck while in the tavern.  This is hearsay on my part, though.  I didn't witness it.

Was an amazing PC.

I don't think we ever confirmed who the perpetrator was, but we blamed some rinthi elves and the templarate.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

What happened to Twig, the green-eyed elf or something like that?
Fredd-

Quote from: Feco on December 11, 2020, 06:15:53 PM

Lyras!  Murdered.  If I remember correctly, poison dart to the neck while in the tavern.  This is hearsay on my part, though.  I didn't witness it.

Was an amazing PC.

I don't think we ever confirmed who the perpetrator was, but we blamed some rinthi elves and the templarate.

Must've been during the period of my absences. I was willing to sacrifice the rest of CW, but not that dude.

Whatever happened to Ellon?
Fredd-

That was me! He was literate, too, which was a blast. I had so much fun doing those paintings. What a fun commission. Thanks so much for the shout-out.

Whatever happened to Akiya al'Seik?

I've had such a blast playing with him, Atuna Baja, and Kukuali. He's seriously one of the best Seik I've ever encountered. The other was Kahvi al'Seik. What happened to her?
I ruin immershunz.

Quote from: Kankfly on December 14, 2020, 09:55:21 AM
Whatever happened to Akiya al'Seik?

I've had such a blast playing with him, Atuna Baja, and Kukuali. He's seriously one of the best Seik I've ever encountered. The other was Kahvi al'Seik. What happened to her?

Hahahaha I was also Akiya al'Seik! I'm definitely getting the warm and fluttery feelings from this thread. I miss him so much -- totally regret storing him. I miss all those people you mentioned, and I'm sure I miss you too!

Quote from: sleepyhead on December 14, 2020, 09:53:05 AM

That was me! He was literate, too, which was a blast. I had so much fun doing those paintings. What a fun commission. Thanks so much for the shout-out.

Yeaaaah. I know he was literate.  sigh.   I had to go on one of my many periodic absences for half a year. Otherwise, my sorcerer character had a few books for you to read for me. But then you died. Potentially even to my own people, lol. Waaah.

But those drawings, man. That felt good. We spread them so thoroughly and they were awesome enough that even some nobles began to perpetuate them. It was fun when militia was scouring the city to remove them and then a noble would repin it.

There was a Muarki I used to play with, and I cannot remember her name for the life of me.

We played together for a while, then some shit happened, then the Muarki lands got all destroyed and shit... and she ended up going out to fight a silt bahamet or something, and got her hand bitten off? She was a baller of a Muarki, and I always wondered if she stored on the Vardo with family or eventually found something she couldn't kill or convince.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Feco on December 11, 2020, 06:15:53 PM

Was an amazing PC.

You were right. This was a rinthi elf - Suddenly. Also an amazing character, despite any memes claiming otherwise. Idk who paid for the hit, though - he just bragged about that to my PC.