Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

I'm pretty sure this Nine is still alive and/or not a full real life year, so I'm not going to ask who he is.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: WarriorPoet on November 15, 2020, 02:12:01 AM
Ryali was dope. I had the pleasure of being her sergeant, a rival, and even tried to recruit her into the skary raider clan for the wacky PBRPT.  Kudos forever.

I'm not sure who the rival was, Ryali got along with pretty much everyone (except *most* women I will admit) I do think you forget about whatever her relationship was with your Corporal ;). That always confused the fuck out of her. She actually had guys that would see her interact with him, and they would be like "You and him?" and run the other way. She realized after he died, he might not have been kidding when he asked her to run away with him, and once she got into the AOD she understood it completely. The only difference is, (semi-playful) she had the balls to do it!

November 15, 2020, 01:39:50 PM #1152 Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 01:46:51 PM by ignealea
Quote from: Barsook on November 15, 2020, 08:34:29 AM
Quote from: ignealea on November 14, 2020, 06:04:55 PM

What kind of more do you want? :P

Mostly on her reasons of betrayal that forced her to go into hiding, because it made it to the Allanaki rumor boards.
First: Let me correct you in saying, she did not go into hiding! She lived happily in the scrubs, out in the open that anyone could have gotten to. She welcomed it! She hoped for it! But as it was played out ic, the bounty hunters that came to her died before they even got to her! Certain organizations made deals with her! She finally stopped living in fear. She was free!
Now as far as her desertion, and betrayal goes,  and I will try not to be  too long winded about it. Ryali served with the AOD for I think it was about 15 years? In those years she faced execution quite a few times. She somehow managed to escape it. There was a certain Templar (that I will not get too in depth on) had it out for her. Yet, even through all the bad, she still tried to get his acceptance. I know, newb playing here, trying to get a Templar to accept them, but it made for some real good RP. At one point I think she had a little of it, and I am still unsure of what changed that. Anyway, she failed some tests she was given, a couple of recruits killed a private, which caused for her to get demoted back to Corporal, and after that, all of the unit turned on her. It was either, store, desert, or get executed, (which I am sure was next). Ryali was a survivor and would do anything to keep herself alive.
I had to think long and hard on the decision to desert. Was it in her character to? How loyal was she to the Highlord? Could she really leave her oldest son behind in the AOD? It wasn't the first time she had thought about it, and after all the turmoil she had been through, I felt she had good reason to run off, and join the <redacted>. But if you think her story stopped there after she left, you're wrong! The Legions were on her ass like white on rice! As only_plays_tribals said, some of those that were part of the <redacted> didn't trust her. A southern spy, they thought!

Ryali lived a long and crazy life. I haven't had too many pc's so it's not fair to say that she's the favorite one I've played yet. Let me run through a few more, then I'll decide, but I am happy if she at least was memorable to a few of you out there. I know there were a lot of pc's out there that stick with me in her story.

Whatever happened to Shabina?
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: ignealea on November 15, 2020, 01:39:50 PM
Quote from: Barsook on November 15, 2020, 08:34:29 AM
Quote from: ignealea on November 14, 2020, 06:04:55 PM

What kind of more do you want? :P

Mostly on her reasons of betrayal that forced her to go into hiding, because it made it to the Allanaki rumor boards.
First: Let me correct you in saying, she did not go into hiding! She lived happily in the scrubs, out in the open that anyone could have gotten to. She welcomed it! She hoped for it! But as it was played out ic, the bounty hunters that came to her died before they even got to her! Certain organizations made deals with her! She finally stopped living in fear. She was free!
Now as far as her desertion, and betrayal goes,  and I will try not to be  too long winded about it. Ryali served with the AOD for I think it was about 15 years? In those years she faced execution quite a few times. She somehow managed to escape it. There was a certain Templar (that I will not get too in depth on) had it out for her. Yet, even through all the bad, she still tried to get his acceptance. I know, newb playing here, trying to get a Templar to accept them, but it made for some real good RP. At one point I think she had a little of it, and I am still unsure of what changed that. Anyway, she failed some tests she was given, a couple of recruits killed a private, which caused for her to get demoted back to Corporal, and after that, all of the unit turned on her. It was either, store, desert, or get executed, (which I am sure was next). Ryali was a survivor and would do anything to keep herself alive.
I had to think long and hard on the decision to desert. Was it in her character to? How loyal was she to the Highlord? Could she really leave her oldest son behind in the AOD? It wasn't the first time she had thought about it, and after all the turmoil she had been through, I felt she had good reason to run off, and join the <redacted>. But if you think her story stopped there after she left, you're wrong! The Legions were on her ass like white on rice! As only_plays_tribals said, some of those that were part of the <redacted> didn't trust her. A southern spy, they thought!

Ryali lived a long and crazy life. I haven't had too many pc's so it's not fair to say that she's the favorite one I've played yet. Let me run through a few more, then I'll decide, but I am happy if she at least was memorable to a few of you out there. I know there were a lot of pc's out there that stick with me in her story.

That makes more sense then. None of my characters were that close to her.
Fredd-

Quote from: Bogre on November 21, 2020, 03:07:18 PM
Whatever happened to Shabina?

Is that the Celf one?

I only interacted with her two, or three times as Tusk. I liked her. There was a backstory to her gickery and it was a fun one.

@Feco,

I played with you back then. Y'made me First Reaver and showed me all these awesome places I won't mention RN since IDK if there'S still shit there. We tossed rocks at an ankheg and I was killed by another jealous dwarf after you made me first Reaver. Did y'kill that dwarf?
Quote from: nauta on February 23, 2015, 04:50:18 PM
Tek's Balls - See Utep's teeth.

If life gives you lemons, open a lemonade stand untill you make millions, invest into weapons and go to war.

November 22, 2020, 01:10:53 PM #1157 Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 04:17:45 PM by Barsook
Whatever happened to Haze, the Whatsit?

Has it been a year for this one?
Fredd-

November 22, 2020, 01:56:55 PM #1158 Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 12:22:12 PM by Totally
Quote from: Giled on August 24, 2018, 03:15:04 PM
I was wondering the other day, whatever happened to that sneakier-than-your-average sneaky elf, Still?
[It hasn't been a year?] Someone lead gutter snakes into the room where he was unconscious on the street.  Don't know if he was unconscious from a fall or rooftop combat etc.

November 22, 2020, 02:18:19 PM #1159 Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 04:05:35 PM by manipura
Quote from: Totally on November 22, 2020, 01:56:55 PM
Quote from: Giled on August 24, 2018, 03:15:04 PM
I was wondering the other day, whatever happened to that sneakier-than-your-average sneaky elf, Still?
[It hasn't been a year?] lead gutter snakes into the room where he was unconscious on the street.  Don't know if he was unconscious from a fall or rooftop combat etc.

1) Not accurate.
2) Don't discuss characters unless it's been a year since they've died or stored.

Still died many rl years ago. At least two, maybe even three now.

November 23, 2020, 08:05:45 AM #1161 Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 09:00:37 AM by triste
If anyone wants to play one of Still's children he canonically had at least seven. Don't ask how I know.

LMAOOOOO

[much respect for Still and his player, if he knew that elven woman was played by me it wouldn't have ended up that way no doubt]

Edit: It's my nature to joke, but for anyone who didn't know this famed Still we're all talking about, he was great, founded a secretive IG organization active today [which is why I think manipura said we can't talk about this], and was just the most awesome and influential independent elf to ever live. Characters like Still are why I had to post in that thread about clan perks and back Staff's position until they told me to shut up: we need epic, independent characters who shake up the entire game world, like Still did. And we need more characters like this, not conditions that would result in less of them. My words can't do Still's character justice, I only saw one side of him, but the sheer number of people posting about him (and they talk about him in Discord too) says it all. What a legend.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

Quote from: only_plays_tribals on November 15, 2020, 12:15:23 PM
Kukuali never trusted her defection from the army. Nine actually told her Ryali died because Kuku would yell at him for hours about her, and apparently he figured she needed to think Ryali was dead in order to relax. Heh. Interesting hearing about her actual ending.

I just want to say seeing Kukuali mentioned here was like a breath of fresh frackin' air. I play this game on and off, sometimes for a few weeks and it doesn't stick, sometimes for a few years. Meeting Kukuali was one of those things that got me hooked for more than a few weeks: seeing a sometimes affiliated, sometimes independent, but always controversial figure shake up the entire game world and mobilize dozens of players is deeply inspiring. Kukuali, Nine, and all of that set who led to the PBRPT are true heroes, villains case studies in how to play this game right.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/

All I gotta say is digging that hole with Second Ali in that Gith cave was some intense shit. It weren't big enough for the two of us, and Liya was a big bloke. It was the closest i've come on a PC of a WWI moment or something where it's like 'No. You go ahead. I'm good'.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

November 25, 2020, 10:00:05 AM #1164 Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 10:01:46 AM by only_plays_tribals
Quote from: triste on November 25, 2020, 02:01:44 AM
I just want to say seeing Kukuali mentioned here was like a breath of fresh frackin' air. I play this game on and off, sometimes for a few weeks and it doesn't stick, sometimes for a few years. Meeting Kukuali was one of those things that got me hooked for more than a few weeks: seeing a sometimes affiliated, sometimes independent, but always controversial figure shake up the entire game world and mobilize dozens of players is deeply inspiring. Kukuali, Nine, and all of that set who led to the PBRPT are true heroes, villains case studies in how to play this game right.

Well I'm glad you had fun! I'm tempted to ask who you played but not gonna pry!

True fact, I rolled Kukuali in just to see how ARM was lately, since I hadn't played in a very long time. She had mediocre stats. I literally created her to be a cute little herbalist tribeless tribal, because I love making up tribes. A very short time after I made her... rangers went away. So she became The Last Ranger I'll Ever Play™ which subsequently skyrocketed my desire to play. Lols.

Her story was truly complicated by the end, and it grew out of nothing but a background. The rest was all the PC's that touched her life to turn her into what she eventually became.

Quote from: Veselka on November 25, 2020, 03:34:41 AM
All I gotta say is digging that hole with Second Ali in that Gith cave was some intense shit. It weren't big enough for the two of us, and Liya was a big bloke. It was the closest i've come on a PC of a WWI moment or something where it's like 'No. You go ahead. I'm good'.

Dear lord that was so intense. Kuku had nightmares about that shit for the rest of her life, and she used to bring it up like a PTSD "when I was in the war" story all the time. Children screaming and bones crunching, shudder. So epic tho.

Liya was an awesome Captain. One of my favorite scenes with Kuku even, was that trip they took with Laskus and Whimsy to just I don't know.. Camp? Because Liya was super into camping? Lol. And Kuku was like a little green novice and a super tryhard.

Liya's orders her to make a fire, and Kukus's like I don't have firewood... it's the desert.. And Laskus is like "MAKE IT HAPPEN NOVICE." So she lit that torch in the sand and sat there constantly re-lighting it as the wind blew it out, and Liya just accepted it as satisfactory and then they played truth dare in the middle of the Red while she "kept the fire going".

Hey Lask, you hear that? You're a whynot.

Lol. That was awesome
You begin searching the area intently.
You look around, but don't find any large wood.
You think: "Story of my life."

Can someone explain this PBRPT mentioned above or is it too IC sensitive?  I was on a very long break at the time and feel like I'm missing a ton of context.  Sounds awesome.

Even me, who was playing at that time, doesn't really know what happened too!
Fredd-

Quote from: only_plays_tribals on November 25, 2020, 10:00:05 AM
Quote from: triste on November 25, 2020, 02:01:44 AM

Well I'm glad you had fun! I'm tempted to ask who you played but not gonna pry!

True fact, I rolled Kukuali in just to see how ARM was lately, since I hadn't played in a very long time. She had mediocre stats. I literally created her to be a cute little herbalist tribeless tribal, because I love making up tribes. A very short time after I made her... rangers went away. So she became The Last Ranger I'll Ever Play™ which subsequently skyrocketed my desire to play. Lols.

Her story was truly complicated by the end, and it grew out of nothing but a background. The rest was all the PC's that touched her life to turn her into what she eventually became.

She was a legacy guild ranger!! That makes so much damn sense, shocked I couldn't figure it out.

Bahah I knew Kuku on a few PCs, but I first met her on a "tribeless tribal" character I made for the hell of it after a many year break as well. Our characters ended up hooking up because we had similar piercings and rituals, it was... maybe amusing for a minute. Every second of that I knew my character didn't deserve to even be near Kuku and I was shocked it lasted as long as it did, but hey, learning about Kuku and getting involved in her "war" was incredibly inspiring. Just like a good plot hook can get you to read a book in one sitting, even if you didn't think you'd like the damn book to begin with, Kuku's mischief and seeing the scope her Templar hating mischief grew to got me hooked on Armageddon again.

Quote from: SpyGuy on November 25, 2020, 10:19:11 AM
Can someone explain this PBRPT mentioned above or is it too IC sensitive?  I was on a very long break at the time and feel like I'm missing a ton of context.  Sounds awesome.

Quote from: Barsook on November 25, 2020, 10:23:40 AM
Even me, who was playing at that time, doesn't really know what happened too!

I am not an expert on this and the player of Kuku, Nine, and many others can speak to it. But I did fight on both sides of the war close to the main "PBRPT" (briefly as a mul I was playing while helping Kuku, then as a pseudo-aide to a Templar when the actual conflict broke out). It was... massive, a siege camp was set up for multiple days on the Southern/Templarate side, basically any commoner who was involved got honored and got to walk around with this sweet "war veteran" status. I heard Kuku was taken out as a result of the PBRPT but am not sure, but the one thing I am sure of? A shit ton of people got involved, there were around eighty people online steadily during the event, and because Kuku had a way of making alliances and enemies there were scandalous entanglements on all sides [one of Kuku's other ex lovers was fighting as a Byn trooper at the time and got killed, etc]. It was messy but amazing.

November 25, 2020, 11:06:16 AM #1168 Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 11:08:23 AM by triste
Bahaha but literally I shouldn't post in these threads... Kukuali used to be a Garrison Captain and all sorts of crap not just a dead sexy killer. I think anyone would need to write an essay to cover all of her "noteworthy" achievements. Another person I simultaneously honored and tarnished the memory of here was Sharper Still, and he similarly had a permanent mark on the game world. So I just want to sincerely say thank you to these great players who brought these stories to the game! I think a lot of us are getting busy and playing intermittently/on a lark like the player of Kuku described, so let me just say that when you folks bless us with your time the whole game thrives for it! Bless and thank you all.

And kudos to the staff who helped run the PBRPT as well, I know Shabago and many others were involved and it was magnifique.

Kuku dragged the Wind unto the whole mess when all I wanted to do was get drunk at the bar and get paid to not burn farms. Worked out extremely well until it suddenly didn't.

Great fun!
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: SpyGuy on November 25, 2020, 10:19:11 AM

From ye olde Chronology page, if it were missed:

Quote1678 (Year 61 Age 22)
A relatively unknown sorcerer takes up residence near the Lord of Ash statue upon the salt flats and tricks several nearby tribes into believing he really is the ancient being. Under his secret command and prompting, more and more tribes are brought into the fold or forcibly conquered and conscripted. Knowing well that Allanak would not suffer a threat to rise, this three hundred strong band of tribals and raiders reach out to a small northern group and that of the Crimson Wind of Red Storm to bolster their numbers. When the war comes, sizeable casualties are had on both sides, and after a few weeks, Allanak kills this group to the last. The unnamed sorcerer is never confirmed among the dead.

Kuku was an absolute treat, yes.

General kudos to everyone that turned up and went hard at it.

That Unique Setup(tm) for the event was a brain-baby of Rathustra, for appropriate credit. I just did the grunt labour in the build, then had mass help come battle time from the team as a whole.
Nessalin: At night, I stand there and watch you sleep.  With a hammer in one hand and a candy cane in the other.  Judging.

It was a great time, I'm still mad I missed the final battle.

November 25, 2020, 07:43:52 PM #1172 Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 07:53:12 PM by Wday
Nine loved his little bubble butt baby sister.  Sweet Krath did he put her into shit often though. Not a game day went by that, them two didn't fight and then end up in a fight with someone (or tribe) else and they would love each other again.

I am sure it has been over a year now if not sorry.

Nine after the war in the south and lose of Kukuali took that heavily. Kukuali was other part of Nines heart. Afterwards and not long after his mate and love Leera was murdered. World was breathing down his neck, mentally he had lost himself in losing the two he loved so much, Ryali had went off to live and Nine was stirring shit pots some. Mors was pounding the sands else where and finally. Nine found a random mount (Nine lost a total of 23 mounts a month) and rode off to view the world and it's happenings.

Some even say at times in the right area of the known.  An old travelled will tell at the campfires.
Long ago, when the world mother began creating, she created the people
of the northlands. Using clay, she made them tall and slender, like reeds; and
when Whira sang across the lands the hollow people would echo her call.
When Ruk shook the world, the people clattered together, their sounds
deep and low. The world mother gave them feet like roots and wings like
fire and because they were her best loved of all the people, she filled them
with Dashra, the reverent and protective love of their lands, that lasts until
this day still. Long after the beautiful places in the world were destroyed, the
people of the north continue to take care of their own and to preserve the
treasure they pass on to their children. Filled with Dashra, when Whira
calls across the grasses and scrubs, the sound that rises from the people,
their maws wide and loud, eyes like moons,  is the sound of freedom.
Just having fun.

Quote from: Wday on November 25, 2020, 07:43:52 PM
Nine loved his little bubble butt baby sister.  Sweet Krath did he put her into shit often though. Not a game day went by that, them two didn't fight and then end up in a fight with someone (or tribe) else and they would love each other again.

I am sure it has been over a year now if not sorry.

Nine after the war in the south and lose of Kukuali took that heavily. Kukuali was other part of Nines heart. Afterwards and not long after his mate and love Leera was murdered. World was breathing down his neck, mentally he had lost himself in losing the two he loved so much, Ryali had went off to live and Nine was stirring shit pots some. Mors was pounding the sands else where and finally. Nine found a random mount (Nine lost a total of 23 mounts a month) and rode off to view the world and it's happenings.

Some even say at times in the right area of the known.  An old travelled will tell at the campfires.
Long ago, when the world mother began creating, she created the people
of the northlands. Using clay, she made them tall and slender, like reeds; and
when Whira sang across the lands the hollow people would echo her call.
When Ruk shook the world, the people clattered together, their sounds
deep and low. The world mother gave them feet like roots and wings like
fire and because they were her best loved of all the people, she filled them
with Dashra, the reverent and protective love of their lands, that lasts until
this day still. Long after the beautiful places in the world were destroyed, the
people of the north continue to take care of their own and to preserve the
treasure they pass on to their children. Filled with Dashra, when Whira
calls across the grasses and scrubs, the sound that rises from the people,
their maws wide and loud, eyes like moons,  is the sound of freedom.

Huge kudos on Nine. Your spontaneous creativity when crafting songs was a pleasure to witness, basically, it's witnessing genius.

Quote from: only_plays_tribals on November 25, 2020, 10:00:05 AM

Kukuali was my favorite person to randomly pester with my nobody whiran. Don't think I ever got you to drink my tea, though.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.