Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

Also, seriously dating myself here but if anyone wants some back story on a couple more known PCs of mine from what back I can put a post together on like the Black Tembo, Templar Drydek or the mul Prophet. Love reading a ton of these stories.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Please do!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Dan on November 07, 2020, 11:56:59 AM
Also, seriously dating myself here but if anyone wants some back story on a couple more known PCs of mine from what back I can put a post together on like the Black Tembo, Templar Drydek or the mul Prophet. Love reading a ton of these stories.

Cool! Please do.  I only knew of the Black Tembo by reputation but I do remember meeting Prophet on several occasions. 

Quote from: Dan on November 06, 2020, 06:07:29 PM
Around this time Nil was somehow promoted to Second Hunter of House Kadius, and his first reaction was that it would not inhibit his search so he was okay with that.

A part of Elorin Kadius absolutely hated House Kadius.  He had ran away from home at a young age because some Kadian had his Jul Tavan mother killed to piss off or supplant his Kadian father's position, and he wanted nothing to do with the house or politics after that.  I can't remember what in his background brought him from Luir's/the wilds back to Tuluk right before I started playing him, but promoting a dwarf (albeit a very competent one) was one of the many petty things he did that he knew would be good for his crew, but lower the status of Kadius in the long run.  Almost all of my fondest memories of Armageddon come from my time playing Elorin (I still name most of my characters in video games Elorin, including Conan Exiles currently, lol).

I think my favorite was that time that Elorin set everyone up in Tuluk to believe he had murdered some bard or artist he was kanking and eventually knocked up (God, I can't remember why we did that, but I think it was part of a bigger setup with me trying to get rid of another circle member who was after her).  I took my whole crew down to Red Storm and we lived down there drinking and smoking for a couple RL weeks with Templars, Agents and everyone trying to get into my head to summon be back and me just hanging up on them.  There was much debauchery to be had on that trip, and he spent like 10,000-20,000 sid on spice.

Sad part was the bard was just a cover to hide the fact that he was madly in love with Cita of the Tan Muark.  Him telling her a secret that caused her to leave him was what eventually led him to leave the house again.

I enjoyed watching Basmir (a buck-toothed kid he hired as a grebber/crafter) getting promoted to a full agent with later characters.  I think he was that players only PC in Armageddon, or one of a very few, and he did such an absolutely awesome job.)

Seeing, with a later character, the caravan wagon my crew built get destroyed during the burning of Allanak made me physically sick.

I wonder whatever happened to Cita of the Tan Murak? 
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Prophet:  the sculpted, grey-skinned mul

Committed to memory, these words drove him continuously:

The Sun King's words, His Gift to His People
His Knowledge of what must come to be
His warning in prophecy of darkness above
To come falling soft to those below
A victory can turn into defeat.
And an ignorant deed fill the world with anger.
When shadows harden, the stone saber will fall,
Shattered the world, the wasted lands.
A time of ash will mark the cities' rise.
Days of old will be new once more.
Step wisely, for the bright path brings victory
And the wrong path bitter defeat.
Opposites will unite, fire and water will mingle,
And all the world will tremble.
Gather the tribes when eyeless beasts stalk the land,
March, or be lost from the path.
Heed the King's words, for with division is defeat.
And walk all as one, within the shelter of His Light.

Prophet escapes his bonds in Tuluk from House Winrothol after hearing the above prophecy.  There were several weeks where the words were spread around.  Eventually the mul could not sleep as the words passed through his mind, over and over.  There was a breaking point, where Prophet heard that Allanak had aligned and united with Tuluk.  This caused him to fall back on his foremost loyalty to Muk Utep, because in his mind, there was no possible way this union was possible within the words of the prophecy, and something had to change or all would be lost.  Out of loyalty to his King he betrayed his masters and fled the city. 

Prophet headed West and eventually ran into a dwarf named Tuk, one of the Malarn dwarves.  He spread the prophecy to any who would listen over the tablelands, and eventually even the elves there referred to him as the Prophet, although most of that was with some derision.  Prophet fell in well with the Malarn dwarves and their new encampment in the tablelands, and was eventually accepted into Luir's Outpost.  The main group who accepted him included the Malarn dwarves Tuk and Kon and a half-giant named Eater who helped him survive his first few months in a new environment.

The sandstorms were wild the day Thrend Lyksae found Prophet's mind, with questions of the prophecy he had been spreading to all who would listen.  Their subsequent discussion led to a planned meeting with the Faithful Lord Elithan of the Jihaen Order. Prophet went fearlessly to the meeting, although few words were spoken as Kon, Tuk, Eater and Lotus accompanied him. Prophet remembered the way Lotus had a crazy twitch in the arms, of nervousness which he tried to calm. One full night of discussion resulted in Elithan agreeing to sanction Prophet's activities, allowing him to spread his prophecy, and forgiving his escape as an act counted true under the will of Muk Utep.  The only thing standing between Prophet's full return to the city was the ongoing alliance with Allanak.

Since he was first free to carry the Light to those who live without, Prophet had seen and done some very powerful things.  All of which only stood to add to his Faith and belief in the Light, that the world could only be saved from the Dragon, Echri the Destroyer through Muk Utep himself. A time of war came when Allanaka assaulted the gith mesa in full force in the first gith war, of which Prophet took part.  Prophet was torn apart when his long-time friend Eater was killed under questionable circumstances.  While still grieving from the discovery he found out the Malarn encampment itself was under attack, his home at the time.  After falling into a pit and spending half of a day trying to escape he finally succeeded and managed to arrive back at the camp in time to see it fully engulfed in flames.  In the smoke and the chaos an androgynous figure emerged, nearly impervious to all attacks.

This figure waded through the fight, banishing several fighters with a touch or glance until it looked on Prophet and seemed to stare into his thoughts as it approached through the battle.  Prophet found himself wrapped in it's embrace and pulled through leagues of twisted canyon, away from the ongoing battle.  Eventually he was deposited into a dead-end canyon turn and ethereal blades filled all exits, preventing his escape while the figure towered over him.  The figure looked down with amusement and derision before eventually offering a thanks, as Prophet has been one of the ones to kill a figurehead on the Gith mesa, or Skoto as they were called. The figure said it was pleased he had killed it.

The figure slowly took more solid form, eyes in the dozens poked through its enshrouding mists to stare deep into him as if seeing down to his true self.  He knew, and it knew the barrier that now prevented further intrusion into him was his Faith in  Muk Utep and His Light.  It eventually grew angry and sucked layers of his skin away, turn it to ash before his eyes as it told him it wanted to thank him.  The beast, known as Cari Dragonsthrall, said he had helped kill the last Gith who knew the rites which could prevent the return of the Dragon to the Known. It said, "You have done our work, we thank you for killing the gith... The last who knew the rites that would finally destroy us. Nothing can stop us now."

With this proclamation, as his skin burned and blood streamed as tears from the mul's eyes, he took hold of his Faith, beseeched it to save him. Time passed and he found himself alone, and eventually made his way from the canyons, damaged but alive.

It took years for the mental scarring from that incident to heal, and Prophet travelled the Known world, watching the sure and steady spread of Darkness while always believing his Faith in the Light would see him through, and that his trust in Elithan was just.  Prophet pressed for trust in the Highlord Muk Utep everywhere he travelled, enforcing this with might as he saw fit, while a constant uneasiness travelled with him.  He saw himself, and knew himself to be more faithful than the Jihaens and Lirathans who thought themselves his better.

Eventually Prophet was coerced and convinced to slow his duties beyond the walls and spend more, and more time with an assistant to the Lirathan Lorana Kassigarh. Her name was Quinda, and Prophet found himself a bond-made at last in her, after many years alone. She tended to him, and cared for him with an unwavering attention he had never before experienced, and it was intoxicating. Prophet shared with her his overwhelming love for the Highlord, and saw this reflected back in her attention and gaze. A mul's empathy was overcome with love for once in his life and his battle-hardened edges softened.  Quinda arranged for an Allanaki child to be kidnapped so her and Prophet could raise it as their own. A Southern Noble's child was taken North and now belonged to them, in their quarters as well as the cities 'Heart'.

Then... Quinda was killed. Murdered. The child's fate unknown to Prophet. The world stopped moving, the room turned hazy and the lights whirred from candle and lantern alike. His bond-mate was murdered!  Rage overcame Prophet, and the pain never left him as he discovered more about his loss.  Whether true or not, he was convinced the lack of care by the Highlord and Elithan himself led to Quinda's death. He blamed the Highlord and thought Elithan may have had something to do with her death. For one shining moment his life had purpose, reason and a direction in the bonds of comfort she offered him under the direction of the High Faithful, by this point. Ultimately, Prophet became convinces that Elithan or another had Quinda killed because her grip over him had become too strong. So he rebelled in the strongest way possible. He fled the city and forsook the Highlord's Prophecy.

Prophet went South, seeking Allanaki bonds and welcoming their chains. The rage was constant and his determination unwavering as he willingly fed himself up to the first Templar he found to become a sharp weapon of the South. He wanted to lead armies back North to crush and demolish anything related to the Light. Instead, he found himself in the Arena upon his arrival. Stripped of his favored weapons and sent out to face multiple other mul, he died, alone, in a rage far from his child and any life he could've ever loved.  His Wide-Winged shadow prevailed, and Echri the Destroyer undeterred.

Black Tembo:  the dull-black skinned dwarf

True name of Burdock, the Black Tembo came into existence after the realization of his connection to Suk-Krath.  A staunch Tuluki patriot, Burdock's focus was to be accepted as his true self with the city, a known magicker within Tuluk.  After several years he was discovered by the Plainsman, and others, and was pulled into their various fights across the Known. To his core, however, Burdock was determined to bring a new age of enlightenment to His city, and turn Tuluk into a magicker-accepting city-state.

The Black Tembo became well-known in the Gol Krathu region at the time, and many people tried to kill him. On a few occasions there were tribal elves who he watched seek him out while invisible and flying due to the magicks of his compatriots who were sent away, in flames.  Others were put down in a more permanent manner.  Eventually, Black Tembo helped establish at least two locations of safety for the group of disenfranchised magickers who would make up the Tuluki magicker's quarter.  In locations not known to many, it's best left unsaid where... and when these places existed.

As part of their quest to establish a foothold in the city, the travels of this group included multiple locations over the Known. Including some places with origin stories, in painting, of Muk Utep himself on ancient cavern walls, and even other races otherwise not known to most.  Their work even took them beyond the planes of most mortals.

In an attempt to rid one who he knew could kill him if discovered alone in the wilds, despite his powers, Black Tembo had a portal opened to a true name.  This venture would up being his downfall, and was the effort to kill a Kuraci named... Shatuka. The portal opened, Black Tembo entered and blasted Shatuka to death as she slept in her barracks, safely within the walls of Luir's Outpost. As a player I didn't realize the full circumstances until after it was done, and immediately felt like absolute shit.  Black Tembo had a 'surefire' means of escape, best not mentioned here, but was ultimately cut down after using his strongest magicks to kill the Kuraci. As a player I regret this turn of events and don't think I will really ever be forgiven for them by Shatuka's Player, and it's one of the one things I would change if I could ever go back in time.  I am still sorry, some 15 years later. For what it's worth, the Black Tembo's blood was mixed with hers that day.

November 08, 2020, 08:00:13 PM #1131 Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 08:02:21 PM by Barsook
Whatever happened to Sarge Ryali? Was she found in the end?

This time, for sure, it's been a IRL year.
Fredd-

Dan has played some particularly interesting characters. Kudos for them.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

November 09, 2020, 03:09:16 AM #1133 Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 03:11:21 AM by ignealea
Quote from: Barsook on November 08, 2020, 08:00:13 PM

To answer your question, here is Ryali's last bio!

The end of Ryali's story : May 31, 2019
It was dawn on Cingel, the 15th day of the Ascending Sun
In the Year of Ruk's Vengeance, year 59 of the 22nd Age
Ryali left the grove that day, and turned to look over her shoulder. She took one last look at Nine and sighed as she knew she would probably never see him again. Tears began to stream down her eyes as she rode to meet her family. They were all mounted up and ready. She went to secure Priscilla in her sling and close to her body. Ryali sat there for a long moment and thought about everything that had brought her to that point. The heart ache, the sadness, even the happy times she spent with those she held dear. She was ready, ready to let go, and to ride free.
She wanted to tell Rault, but as she hadn't seen him, she had decided it better to just go, and let him figure it out.
After everyone finished making sure they had everything they needed, they began to ride, where, no one will know. And, that is how she wanted it.

Quote from: Dan on November 08, 2020, 01:09:44 AMdon't think I will really ever be forgiven for them by Shatuka's Player, and it's one of the one things I would change if I could ever go back in time.  I am still sorry, some 15 years later. For what it's worth, the Black Tembo's blood was mixed with hers that day.

I forgave you years ago buddy. It was an abrupt, awkward scene, but it was a good death. Shit happens. We both went down as pawns in the silent political war that was raging between the Lirathans and Kurac, and that tied us into the bigger story of Armageddon. I'd take that any day over getting nommed by a tarantula, or back-roomed because Amos was jealous of Talia kanking Malik.

Man, we need like buttons.

;D
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on November 09, 2020, 03:40:14 PM
Man, we need like buttons.

;D

SMF 2.1 has like buttons.  We're currently running 2.0.15.

/derail
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: Delirium on November 09, 2020, 03:35:54 PM
Quote from: Dan on November 08, 2020, 01:09:44 AMdon't think I will really ever be forgiven for them by Shatuka's Player, and it's one of the one things I would change if I could ever go back in time.  I am still sorry, some 15 years later. For what it's worth, the Black Tembo's blood was mixed with hers that day.

I forgave you years ago buddy. It was an abrupt, awkward scene, but it was a good death. Shit happens. We both went down as pawns in the silent political war that was raging between the Lirathans and Kurac, and that tied us into the bigger story of Armageddon. I'd take that any day over getting nommed by a tarantula, or back-roomed because Amos was jealous of Talia kanking Malik.

I must confess I helped the Black Tembo. It's very tough to survive being suddenly jumped by two magickers... Tough, but not impossible.  ;)

[Inside joke: 10 RL years later, she attempted something similar but I was the target. Somehow, my PC survived.  Luck shines on fools.]
"Let sleeping characters sleep naked." -Azroen

I'm racking my brain trying to think of a time when I attacked someone with two magickers, and the only times I can think of is 1) when I got attacked by a Soh while trying every trick in the book to get him to run away instead. Turns out he ran away the hard way, and 2) when I was ordered by a Templar to do The Thing Whirans Did to a Certain Mul with Evil Magicker Friends. I was glad on an OOC level that neither attempt resulted in death, because it ended up with a better story.

I'm glad Whirans (mostly?) can't do that thing any more. That character died a pretty abrupt PK death, too! So it goes.

Still prefer that to dying to NPCs or to high school politics.

November 14, 2020, 12:01:37 PM #1139 Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 12:03:25 PM by Feco
Quote from: Cind on July 13, 2020, 05:28:38 AM
I know Amon was what I would call a monkey of great importance, but if you could say what happened to him without it being a huge secret, could I be told how he died?

Amon'Ma?  Or another Amon?

If it's Amon'Ma, I decided to store him a long while back.  Was a difficult decision, but I think his role had transitioned to something much better handled by the imagination or staff (if they ever so chose).  In part because he was a fucking powerhouse, but also because he was more of a leader than a doer at that point... in part because raiding could too easily end in accidentally killing PCs.  His status as dead or alive is therefore either unresolved or the subject of a strong find out IC, HAR!

Quote from: Riev on April 01, 2020, 09:04:13 AM
Quote from: Cowboy on April 01, 2020, 08:37:30 AM
Ratseller's real name was Marr.  I think maybe one person ever heard his real name.  He was the seller of rats, rats parts and other things.  Had a long run with this guy.   I ended up storing the character because  the west side was having a hard time attracting regular players and I needed a changed.  He was stored in the end.  Nice to see someone remembered him.

Quite a few of us do, I am sure. He was kind of a staple in the 'rinthi community.

I was a big fan of Ratseller!
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: ignealea on November 09, 2020, 03:09:16 AM

Ryali left the grove that day, and turned to look over her shoulder. She took one last look at Nine and sighed as she knew she would probably never see him again. Tears began to stream down her eyes as she rode to meet her family. They were all mounted up and ready. She went to secure Priscilla in her sling and close to her body. Ryali sat there for a long moment and thought about everything that had brought her to that point. The heart ache, the sadness, even the happy times she spent with those she held dear. She was ready, ready to let go, and to ride free.
She wanted to tell Rault, but as she hadn't seen him, she had decided it better to just go, and let him figure it out.
After everyone finished making sure they had everything they needed, they began to ride, where, no one will know. And, that is how she wanted it.

I want more.
Fredd-

Amon!! Ratseller remembers that first meeting with you on the westside when you asked for a bit of help..  As I recall, Ratseller gave you a face mask and few sids.  You said you were going to start some raider outfit up in Red Storm.  We thought you'd be dead in a month.  You did way more than that.  Great character.  I liked our interactions as they happened over a few years.
I'd rather be lucky than good.

November 14, 2020, 01:05:04 PM #1142 Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 01:06:41 PM by Feco
Quote from: Cowboy on November 14, 2020, 12:56:52 PM
Amon!! Ratseller remembers that first meeting with you on the westside when you asked for a bit of help..  As I recall, Ratseller gave you a face mask and few sids.  You said you were going to start some raider outfit up in Red Storm.  We thought you'd be dead in a month.  You did way more than that.  Great character.  I liked our interactions as they happened over a few years.

Yup, that's right!  That was within minutes of character creation, in fact.  Amon quickly fled the city and only come back a handful of times to the rinth, to help out the Guild with business.  Without Ratseller, there would likely be no Amon'Ma!

I probably have the log, somewhere.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

I enjoyed playing with Ryali whether distantly, or up close. I played Tusk the rinthi elf and Red, the red-haired short tempered foul mouthed AoD recruit.

Tusk the rinthi elf

I don't think that description does him justice.  ;D

Quote from: Barsook on November 14, 2020, 12:32:39 PM

I want more.

What kind of more do you want? :P

Quote from: Dar on November 14, 2020, 01:41:58 PM

I enjoyed playing with Ryali whether distantly, or up close. I played Tusk the rinthi elf and Red, the red-haired short tempered foul mouthed AoD recruit.

Tusk the elf! Let me tell you, the dynamic of the elf plots was part of what kept me going with her. When all shit had hit the fan, the elves were right there to encourage her to keep going! And yes NAO, she betrayed them in the End. (or at least the one) MURDER CORRUPTION BETRAYAL!

Ryali was dope. I had the pleasure of being her sergeant, a rival, and even tried to recruit her into the skary raider clan for the wacky PBRPT.  Kudos forever.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

November 15, 2020, 08:34:29 AM #1148 Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 08:36:08 AM by Barsook
Quote from: ignealea on November 14, 2020, 06:04:55 PM
Quote from: Barsook on November 14, 2020, 12:32:39 PM

I want more.

What kind of more do you want? :P

Mostly on her reasons of betrayal that forced her to go into hiding, because it made it to the Allanaki rumor boards.
Fredd-

Kukuali never trusted her defection from the army. Nine actually told her Ryali died because Kuku would yell at him for hours about her, and apparently he figured she needed to think Ryali was dead in order to relax. Heh. Interesting hearing about her actual ending.
You begin searching the area intently.
You look around, but don't find any large wood.
You think: "Story of my life."