Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

I don't see the problem so much with the way the Guild operates. When you get to be the "Guild Boss" it's kind of a misnomer. You're basically just running a single crew amongst a number of other crews. Your PC doesn't speak for the whole organisation which is how some players seem to interpret your role as. It's just not that senior. So you have decent leeway in what you can do in my experience but there's also going to be repercussions if you step out of your lane / screw up in a big way. Yes you could get the next level above your PC stepping in for a word (or worse) which seems completely realistic to me. You're basically Paulie Gaultieri - you've got a crew, you've got some power and you can do some stuff but Tony Soprano's word is law at the end of the day for you. If you survive long enough you might get promoted to that highest level I think a player can get to and you have more scope then to get stuff done as you're technically running several crews.
You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink" Dydactylos' philosophical mix of the Cynics, the Stoics and the Epicureans (Small Gods, Terry Pratchett)

Quote from: mansa on December 19, 2023, 11:50:23 AMI don't think that's happened in over 5 years.  I think the last time that happened Nergal was a producer, but I could be wrong.

It happened last month.

I had a blast with Suriale when I played Sahtuk. I'm not sure many people ever knew of the true dynamic and history there but man was that some deep stuff, even after his demise.

One of my all time favorite PCs to play with.
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra