RP-Enriched Combat

Started by slipshod, October 11, 2003, 07:21:23 PM

In time you will find yourself not having to scroll back.

The combat does go fast, granted. With a couple years under your belt you'll be able to escape from a couple raptors who charged you and knocked you off of your mount without batting an eyelash, but rather, throwing out emotes of how much pain you are in. It is tricky, but I have managed this before.

I don't see any reason why any of my characters, if played smart, would die a -quick- death. You can handle any situation if you use common sense and always be ready, this is the "trick" to armageddon as far as I see it.

For some reason, I can't see why you would die if you play realistically, would your character really go see if that halfling will want to eat you? If so, you should be fully prepared to deal with anything, a wild card tembo coming from the side as you move in, or mayby another halfling.

Shit does happen, I will admit, but the thing is to just play realistically and be prepared for -anything-, even the things you can't prepare for if that makes any sense.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Or maybe that crazy lag that leaves your screen scrolling to reveal a mantis head.
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

The only complaint I have at all about the combat system isn't really about the combat system itself, just npc that are unaffected by lag the same as the pc's, mainly the militia in the cities and guards in the outposts.

Dirr, I can't give you your refund for this thread if you participate in this late push it's getting.

anyhoo, my thoughts on the combat system weren't really intended for application to NPC vs PC situations, but rather PC vs PC battles.  Slowing it down would just allow for more role play during combat, but not so that combat is any less brutal or effective... just more flavorful.  

I see witchman started a thread in RP discussion about this same topic.  
you should have posted here, man!  We could raise awareness for our cause better with one 50 post thread than two 25s  :P
"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow."

-Aaron Burr