Wear Location Changes

Started by BadSkeelz, July 11, 2016, 01:23:52 PM

Does this mean layered armor? Like...a leather jerkin, bone chainmail on trunk and then a breastplate on body?

Can't wait to get some glowing, vibrating nipple rings
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: HavokBlue on July 16, 2016, 04:36:41 PM
Can't wait to get some glowing, vibrating nipple rings

I may have already had this exact conversation with someone.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Friends! You're not looking at the big picture!

<on pelvis> a glowing, humming obsidian stud

Already done the glowing humming codpiece thing on a previous PC. It wasn't sanitary.

What's the syntax to wear something on both eyebrows? I can only seem to get one or the other which makes for some weird ass sunlit wear.
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

Quote from: gotdamnmiracle on July 17, 2016, 06:07:43 AM
What's the syntax to wear something on both eyebrows? I can only seem to get one or the other which makes for some weird ass sunlit wear.

That would be either face or eyes (if there is an eyes location yet, didn't check). Because, you're not wearing sunslits on your eyebrows. That'd kinda be foolish, since they're supposed to shield your eyes, not your eyebrows.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Without attempting a derail, would it be possible to consider OVER SHOULDER items not hiding the ON SHOULDER items underneath?

Packs and satchels (which basically have straps) shouldn't hide patches or epaulettes (which are worn on the edge of a shoulder or on the top end of your arm).
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Quote from: Incognito on July 17, 2016, 10:19:41 AM
Without attempting a derail, would it be possible to consider OVER SHOULDER items not hiding the ON SHOULDER items underneath?

Packs and satchels (which basically have straps) shouldn't hide patches or epaulettes (which are worn on the edge of a shoulder or on the top end of your arm).
I would enjoy this change as well

Quote from: Lizzie on July 17, 2016, 09:59:27 AM
Quote from: gotdamnmiracle on July 17, 2016, 06:07:43 AM

That would be either face or eyes (if there is an eyes location yet, didn't check). Because, you're not wearing sunslits on your eyebrows. That'd kinda be foolish, since they're supposed to shield your eyes, not your eyebrows.

There is a generic 'eyes' location.

Can staff confirm that wearing sunslits on your eyes works or doesn't work?

Quote from: Jihelu on July 17, 2016, 06:38:27 PM

No.

(Now did I say no to 'can I confirm that', did I say no to sunslits working, or did I say not to them not working?)

Quote from: Akariel on July 17, 2016, 09:56:44 PM
Quote from: Jihelu on July 17, 2016, 06:38:27 PM

No.

(Now did I say no to 'can I confirm that', did I say no to sunslits working, or did I say not to them not working?)
Can staff confirm that the no was in response to my question?

Quote from: Jihelu on July 17, 2016, 10:02:17 PM

I can confirm that wearing sunslits on your eyes definitely does or doesn't work. So I would say "yes."
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION YES OR NO:
DOES HAVING SUNSLITS IN THE EYES SLOT PREVENT THEIR CODED USE FROM TRIGGERING?

Quote from: AdamBlue on July 18, 2016, 06:15:24 AM
PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION YES OR NO:
DOES HAVING SUNSLITS IN THE EYES SLOT PREVENT THEIR CODED USE FROM TRIGGERING?

It's a known issue at this time. Currently their utility is coded to the face slot, not any of the new slots. This is one of the things we're looking into changing in one of the future releases.

Quote from: Talia on July 17, 2016, 11:33:25 PM

I can confirm that wearing sunslits on your eyes definitely does or doesn't work. So I would say "yes."

What's the Zalanthas equivilant of a troll? Braxat?
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

Quote from: gotdamnmiracle on July 18, 2016, 09:35:34 AM
Quote from: Talia on July 17, 2016, 11:33:25 PM

What's the Zalanthas equivilant of a troll? Braxat?
Isn't there a creature like a Braxat but more dirty looking or something?
Probably that.

Confirmed, I am now RPing the sunslits as being over my cheeks until planned code change is made
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

So the new slots are for mere aesthetic value.
So there is no point wearing an armored undershirt on the torso... Yet.

So..my pelvis is unprotected by my codpiece? Egads! Ive made a terrible mistake...
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

Quote from: AdamBlue on July 18, 2016, 05:17:19 PM
So the new slots are for mere aesthetic value.
So there is no point wearing an armored undershirt on the torso... Yet.

I actually know the answer to this question! There will be some coded value, possibly, depending on what you're wearing. But y'all gotta be patient while kinks are worked out. Staff are human (one weird but true fact!) and we don't always anticipate every single ramification of a change or the additional follow-on changes that are required. I know that Akariel is still actively working on this project.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"