Wear Location Changes

Started by BadSkeelz, July 11, 2016, 01:23:52 PM

I think the new wear locations are pretty cool.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on July 11, 2016, 01:23:52 PM
I think the new wear locations are pretty cool.

Yeah! It's a good addition.

>You fit your pair of sunslits into your left eyebrow.

;D ;D Good times.
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

So...
Whats the difference between eyebrow, left eye brow, and right eye brow.

Quote from: Jihelu on July 11, 2016, 02:26:03 PM
So...

Eyebrow is generic, like WEAR RING FINGER. However, like WEAR RING RIGHT MIDDLE FINGER, left/right eyebrow allow you to specify.

Also Note: Specifying the specific finger was also added.

Quote from: Akariel on July 11, 2016, 02:32:21 PM
Quote from: Jihelu on July 11, 2016, 02:26:03 PM
So...

Eyebrow is generic, like WEAR RING FINGER. However, like WEAR RING RIGHT MIDDLE FINGER, left/right eyebrow allow you to specify.

Also Note: Specifying the specific finger was also added.
Woo!

Cool. I'm looking forward to finally being able to wear a facewrap with sunslits.

Are these all covered by the requisite location? Boots covering toe rings (which sounds really uncomfortable), nipple rings (lol.....) by shirts, etc?

Do these updates include tattoo locations? Are they covered? Are we going to be subjected to somebody's pelvis tattoo even when they're wearing pants? :P

(I'm thinking of how "back" tattoos are revealed when you remove your pack, and left/right shoulder locations are not hidden even when wearing something "about body")

Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Pelvis
hidden by 'legs'
hides nothing

Eyebrow(l/r), lips, tongue, nose, eyes
hidden by 'face'
hides nothing

Navel
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nothing

Nipple
hidden by body/torso, about body, trunk
hides nothing

Toe
 hidden by feet
 hides nothing
"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

I do hope:
Nipple rings are covered by trunk stuff.
Trunk stuff is covered by shirts.

Nessalin posted all of this right after I started typing this. Damn you nessalin!

I don't personally play women because eh but I wish there was a way for ladies to wear skirts and still be able to wear some sort of leg items. Like stockings or something.

No, tattoos are not supported on the new locations.

Also, while only a few are in the game, socks (or under-footwear) are now a thing that can happen too.

bring back lacy thongs
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Sweet, now all the mudsexxers can wear nipple rings to show how edgy they are!

Real talk though, I like this addition.  ;D
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

you have my stamp of approval for this... not like it matters but hey, you got it!
Sweet chaos let it unfold upon the land.
Guided forever by my adoring loving hand.
It is I the nightmare that sleeps but shall wake.

Undies!!!
WOOOOH!

And I can finally wear a ring on my pinky without the need of nine other rings. Thank you lords.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

A small excerpt from Allanaki Fashions and another reason I really like the idea of this change.

To this end, loosely woven and light fabrics worn in layers are utilized as daily wear to ward off the worst of the sun and sands. Many types of overgarments are worn in long layers, protecting the flesh from the harsh rays of sunlight and the pervasive heat.

Commoners often look to nobility for examples in most aspects of life, and fashion is no exception. The styles of commoner clothing available, while simpler and cheaper, often imitate that of nobles. For example, while nobles often wear ornately decorated silks and other lush fabrics, commoners wear cottons, sandcloth or other inexpensive textiles. Another difference in commoner attire is that it tends to be looser, more comfortable, and less hindering, in order to be practical for everyday use.

Some clothes unique to Allanak include wrapped pants, long tunics, kalasiris, long kilts, and many types of over-garbs, often worn in layers, are also commonly seen in the South.
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

:D
I would like to see left and right forearm too, for sheaths and a few things that claim both forearms atm,  for fancy single items like wrist/arm wraps to wear in a non armoured slots. A minor wish though, compared with Undies  ;D

Would be interesting of this was expanded a bit beyond piercings. Right calf, left calf, right thigh, left thigh. Maybe knees as well.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

I look forward to seeing how our tribal friends experiment with this system to discover the maximum number of wear locations visible simultaneously.

Awesome additions. Great work and thanks to all involved.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

wear stockings feet
You would have to take a pair of silver-buckled, blue leather boots off, first.

rem boots
You stop using your tattered pair of silver-buckled, blue leather boots.

wear stockings feet
You slip your frayed pair of white and red stockings on your under-feet.

wear boots
Pulling them over the top of a frayed pair of white and red stockings...You slip your tattered pair of silver-buckled, blue leather boots on your feet.

Quote from: Akariel on July 11, 2016, 04:23:05 PM
wear stockings feet
You would have to take a pair of silver-buckled, blue leather boots off, first.

rem boots
You stop using your tattered pair of silver-buckled, blue leather boots.

wear stockings feet
You slip your frayed pair of white and red stockings on your under-feet.

wear boots
Pulling them over the top of a frayed pair of white and red stockings...You slip your tattered pair of silver-buckled, blue leather boots on your feet.
I'm happy now.

my next pc

Left/right forearm would be a sick as fuck addition to this. I might start wearing sheaths again!

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Cross-posting some things from the code forum:

Quote from: valeria on July 11, 2016, 02:34:09 PM
I'm super stoked about the new wear locations. Toe rings are absolutely in my future.

But!

Is anyone else ever driven crazy by how you can only wear one thing in your hair? A flower but no ribbon? Beads but no hair clip? Just one decorative comb?

I propose we bump that one item limit upward.

That is all!

Quote from: valeria on July 11, 2016, 02:52:37 PM
I was thinking more like:

in hair
above left ear
above right ear
nape of the neck

... something like that.

Please not "left hair" ;)

Not sure if this brings us a step closer to this... but...

It would be great if you could <wear bandana eyes> as a blindfold.

Kudos to nessalin and the coding team for bringing consistent updates to this game.  Credit where it's due.
Where it will go

Quote from: SuchDragonWow on July 11, 2016, 05:24:17 PM
Kudos to nessalin and the coding team for bringing consistent updates to this game.  Credit where it's due.

Yep, yep!
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: BadSkeelz on July 11, 2016, 05:20:06 PM
Cross-posting some things from the code forum:

Quote from: valeria on July 11, 2016, 02:34:09 PM
I'm super stoked about the new wear locations. Toe rings are absolutely in my future.

But!

Is anyone else ever driven crazy by how you can only wear one thing in your hair? A flower but no ribbon? Beads but no hair clip? Just one decorative comb?

I propose we bump that one item limit upward.

That is all!

Quote from: valeria on July 11, 2016, 02:52:37 PM
I was thinking more like:

in hair
above left ear
above right ear
nape of the neck

... something like that.

Please not "left hair" ;)

This was one of my first thoughts too! I'd like it capped at three and without any specifics, personally. That way I can wear beads, ribbons and a cursed amulet in my hair. My hair will be heavy, so maybe can also use as weapon? I kid. I kid!
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Pelvis
hidden by 'legs'
hides nothing

Eyebrow(l/r), lips, tongue, nose, eyes
hidden by 'face'
hides nothing

Navel
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nothing

Nipple
hidden by body/torso, about body, trunk
hides nothing

Toe
 hidden by feet
 hides nothing

Frickin' fantastic. :)

Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM

Pelvis
hidden by 'legs'
hides nothing

*snicker*

But awesome sauce overall! I imagine Kadians are salivating and frantically writing as we speak.

This means my jewelry submissions just got a whole lot longer. That is all.

Well.... one more thing:

This is probably my favorite change in years.

<3
Quote from: Maester Aemon Targaryen
What is honor compared to a woman's love? ...Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

Wow....I have been suggesting and waiting for this for years.  To Nessalin and all the other coders who worked on this, 

At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Quote-New wear locations added, items will be updated as time goes by to reflect this change (credit to Akariel for the drive on this project, testing it, and providing feedback).

Thanks to Akariel and Nessalin (because come on, Akariel was the drive!) and the other staffers as well.
All I see turns to brown, as the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand, as I scan this wasted land
Trying to find, trying to find where I've been.

Am I the only one hung up on the 'nipple' wear loc?

I mean, I thought that stuff was OK to breeze over virtually.

It's not a big deal, it's more funny than anything.

I mean, I definitely will MC a nipple ring chain thing just for gimps and giggles.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

I hope targeting a worn nipple-slot item with [Steal] causes HP loss.

The tressy-tressed woman who just gave birth to twins is here.
>On nipple: leaky milk
and then..if they cover it up:
>around torso: a milk-stained silken kalisiri
Should be REQUIRED for any PC who gives birth and is being RPed as someone who nurses their babies.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I hope this means pets will have more wear locations than just over the shoulder!  I'm looking at you pelvis and round songbird!
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Only if they had flee code to birds and they periodically fly away.

get hoop.ring
wear hoop nipple
get hoop.ring
wear hoop pelvis

Nice  :-*

I haven't tried this yet.  If the 'trunk' location can be used to wear a shirt or gambeson under your armor, I will send you a box of actual kudos.

If not, it's still flaming awesome.  Good work peeps!
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Can anyone confirm if you can see when someone is wearing stockings?
All I see turns to brown, as the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand, as I scan this wasted land
Trying to find, trying to find where I've been.

Quote from: BrokenRomance on July 13, 2016, 12:35:58 AM

I reckon if they are barefoot. But I can neither confirm nor deny this.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

After you ask for consent. Usually. =P

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Stockings have a few wear locations - Feet, pelvis, and legs. If they're on your feet, they go under your shoes and are hidden. If they're on your pelvis they go under your pants/skirt and are hidden. (However, visible if you're wearing a dress.) If they're on your legs, they're visible but your groin might be showing unless you're wearing a dress or very long shirt.

Are there going to be pelvis location skirts?

wear Inix pelvis

You wear a wood-carved inix strap-on on your pelvis.
etwo wood
You reach down and grasp your wood-carved inix strap-on.
kill booty

Quote from: AdamBlue on July 14, 2016, 03:09:04 PM
wear Inix pelvis

You wear a wood-carved inix strap-on on your pelvis.
etwo wood
You reach down and grasp your wood-carved inix strap-on.
kill booty

Quote from: Delirium on July 14, 2016, 03:18:36 PM

one was bad enough, the second caused an involuntary explosion of soda, luckily wasn't holding little one at the time. But she did look at me funny, and then start laughing. damn babies laughing at me! ;p
Sweet chaos let it unfold upon the land.
Guided forever by my adoring loving hand.
It is I the nightmare that sleeps but shall wake.

I can finally wear my facewrap and my sunslits at the same time.

Worth.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

I already bugged it, but I'm having a (perceived) problem with wearing the sunslits on the eyes slot. I can't be sure, but they don't appear to have the same utility they have when you wear them on your face. Has anyone noticed this?

Does this mean layered armor? Like...a leather jerkin, bone chainmail on trunk and then a breastplate on body?

Can't wait to get some glowing, vibrating nipple rings

Quote from: HavokBlue on July 16, 2016, 04:36:41 PM
Can't wait to get some glowing, vibrating nipple rings

I may have already had this exact conversation with someone.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Friends! You're not looking at the big picture!

<on pelvis> a glowing, humming obsidian stud

Already done the glowing humming codpiece thing on a previous PC. It wasn't sanitary.

What's the syntax to wear something on both eyebrows? I can only seem to get one or the other which makes for some weird ass sunlit wear.
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

Quote from: gotdamnmiracle on July 17, 2016, 06:07:43 AM
What's the syntax to wear something on both eyebrows? I can only seem to get one or the other which makes for some weird ass sunlit wear.

That would be either face or eyes (if there is an eyes location yet, didn't check). Because, you're not wearing sunslits on your eyebrows. That'd kinda be foolish, since they're supposed to shield your eyes, not your eyebrows.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Without attempting a derail, would it be possible to consider OVER SHOULDER items not hiding the ON SHOULDER items underneath?

Packs and satchels (which basically have straps) shouldn't hide patches or epaulettes (which are worn on the edge of a shoulder or on the top end of your arm).
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Quote from: Incognito on July 17, 2016, 10:19:41 AM
Without attempting a derail, would it be possible to consider OVER SHOULDER items not hiding the ON SHOULDER items underneath?

Packs and satchels (which basically have straps) shouldn't hide patches or epaulettes (which are worn on the edge of a shoulder or on the top end of your arm).
I would enjoy this change as well

Quote from: Lizzie on July 17, 2016, 09:59:27 AM
Quote from: gotdamnmiracle on July 17, 2016, 06:07:43 AM

That would be either face or eyes (if there is an eyes location yet, didn't check). Because, you're not wearing sunslits on your eyebrows. That'd kinda be foolish, since they're supposed to shield your eyes, not your eyebrows.

There is a generic 'eyes' location.

Can staff confirm that wearing sunslits on your eyes works or doesn't work?

Quote from: Jihelu on July 17, 2016, 06:38:27 PM

No.

(Now did I say no to 'can I confirm that', did I say no to sunslits working, or did I say not to them not working?)

Quote from: Akariel on July 17, 2016, 09:56:44 PM
Quote from: Jihelu on July 17, 2016, 06:38:27 PM

No.

(Now did I say no to 'can I confirm that', did I say no to sunslits working, or did I say not to them not working?)
Can staff confirm that the no was in response to my question?

Quote from: Jihelu on July 17, 2016, 10:02:17 PM

I can confirm that wearing sunslits on your eyes definitely does or doesn't work. So I would say "yes."
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION YES OR NO:
DOES HAVING SUNSLITS IN THE EYES SLOT PREVENT THEIR CODED USE FROM TRIGGERING?

Quote from: AdamBlue on July 18, 2016, 06:15:24 AM
PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION YES OR NO:
DOES HAVING SUNSLITS IN THE EYES SLOT PREVENT THEIR CODED USE FROM TRIGGERING?

It's a known issue at this time. Currently their utility is coded to the face slot, not any of the new slots. This is one of the things we're looking into changing in one of the future releases.

Quote from: Talia on July 17, 2016, 11:33:25 PM

I can confirm that wearing sunslits on your eyes definitely does or doesn't work. So I would say "yes."

What's the Zalanthas equivilant of a troll? Braxat?

Quote from: gotdamnmiracle on July 18, 2016, 09:35:34 AM
Quote from: Talia on July 17, 2016, 11:33:25 PM

What's the Zalanthas equivilant of a troll? Braxat?
Isn't there a creature like a Braxat but more dirty looking or something?
Probably that.

Confirmed, I am now RPing the sunslits as being over my cheeks until planned code change is made
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

So the new slots are for mere aesthetic value.
So there is no point wearing an armored undershirt on the torso... Yet.

So..my pelvis is unprotected by my codpiece? Egads! Ive made a terrible mistake...
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

Quote from: AdamBlue on July 18, 2016, 05:17:19 PM
So the new slots are for mere aesthetic value.
So there is no point wearing an armored undershirt on the torso... Yet.

I actually know the answer to this question! There will be some coded value, possibly, depending on what you're wearing. But y'all gotta be patient while kinks are worked out. Staff are human (one weird but true fact!) and we don't always anticipate every single ramification of a change or the additional follow-on changes that are required. I know that Akariel is still actively working on this project.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

Should we be bugging items that don't seem to have all their appropriate slots?

I think the vast majority of items won't have the appropriate wear slots. Every piercing that previously only fit in X location will need new locations manually added to that item.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on July 18, 2016, 05:50:43 PM
Should we be bugging items that don't seem to have all their appropriate slots?

Sure.

Apologies in advance if my nightly strip-tease is slower than usual: I'll be bugging items.

Quote from: HavokBlue on July 18, 2016, 05:58:19 PM
I think the vast majority of items won't have the appropriate wear slots. Every piercing that previously only fit in X location will need new locations manually added to that item.

Don't forget scars and tattoos too.

Noticed a possible bug - not sure if it was already brought up.

If you have two sets of footwear on, e.g. socks on under-feet and booties on regular-feet, the socks will appear in your inventory if you log out and log back in.

Quote from: Yam on July 19, 2016, 08:20:26 PM
Noticed a possible bug - not sure if it was already brought up.

If you have two sets of footwear on, e.g. socks on under-feet and booties on regular-feet, the socks will appear in your inventory if you log out and log back in.
This is intentional.
Apparently there is a crashing issue with logging out or back in with socks and shoes on.

Change objective: Create a new shop for armored smallclothes: Victory's Secret.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Who's going to be the first person to wear the skull-carved earrings in their nipples?

That's really the question.

Maybe I will do it myself.

The nipple-pierced man.

He would never wear shirts of course.

Darksilt Deathtits.

Guild merchant.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Morrolan on July 25, 2016, 10:06:38 AM
Change objective: Create a new shop for armored smallclothes: Victory's Secret.

This got me bad.  ;D

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

All of you are fucking killing me I swear.
Like in the humor way not the ic way..
Ya'll ain't getting me that easy.

I just want silk underwear now.

Quote from: Desertman on July 25, 2016, 10:53:18 AM
Who's going to be the first person to wear the skull-carved earrings in their nipples?

They won't be the first if they aren't yet.

Leaving it at that.
Quote from: Maester Aemon Targaryen
What is honor compared to a woman's love? ...Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

This is so cool. Also a little silly. But cool.

Hee hee, just noticed this:

You slip your smelly pair of whatever boots on your [b]under-feet[/b].

That's fantastic.

July 29, 2016, 01:32:00 PM #89 Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 01:42:17 PM by BadSkeelz
Quote from: nessalin-Eyes location now has higher priority than most other locations when not specifying where to wear something (i.e. 'wear sunslits' or 'wear all')

Can we talk about this in relation to belts? I'm not sure if this is a new problem or if I've just forgotten about prior instances, but at least some belts seem to fault to the "Waist" slot instead of the "Belt" slot when you '>wear belt'. Could we get belt objects to prioritize the belt slot?

Quote from: BadSkeelz on July 29, 2016, 01:32:00 PM
Quote from: nessalin-Eyes location now has higher priority than most other locations when not specifying where to wear something (i.e. 'wear sunslits' or 'wear all')

Can we talk about this in relation to belts? I'm not sure if this is a new problem or if I've just forgotten about prior instances, but at least some belts seem to fault to the "Waist" slot instead of the "Belt" slot when you '>wear belt'. Could we get belt objects to prioritize the belt slot?

Can you provide some examples (via request)? As far as I'm aware, this is already the case.