Player Created Clans/Groups/Staff Support Etc...

Started by Desertman, May 19, 2016, 01:22:12 PM

I'd see it less as a permanent thing but a temporary thing.  Hence, I'd like to see more of a low-barrier for entry (keeping three PCs alive for 1 IG year to unlock the clan board is reasonable-ish; 3 IG for a save room; etc.) and automate most of the process (with room for staff to veto things that don't make sense) -- both generation and destruction -- thus allowing (so to say) pop-up clans to come and go.

For me, at least, the biggest thing is coordinating with clan-mates and, to a lesser extent, some flavor (save rooms) for the main hang-out joint.

Also should say with #2: should be a save/quit room for OOC convenience.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: nauta on May 21, 2016, 12:05:34 PM
Quote from: Jihelu on May 21, 2016, 11:50:19 AM
I'd like to see ways for clans to be created outside of cities.

This broadly falls into the theme of the topic.  Here are some ideas on facilitating more small groups outside the cities (or even inside, e.g., gangs in the rinth).  First, here's what we currently have:

o Family Role Calls.
o C-elf Tribe Role Calls.
o MMH (which, broadly understood, could also support a mercenary company -- it isn't all mercantile, but it does seem to be designed with more mercantile groups in mind).

What I'd like is something to allow for dynamic groups that sprout up now and then on the fly -- skimmer crews, raider bands, non-Guild gangs, a group of farmers or herders, refugees, etc.

1. OOC Communication/Coordination of Playtimes.  Perhaps make it easier to generate on-the-fly clan boards where you can manage RPTs, playtimes, away, small rumours, etc.  Staff can monitor these, approve them, and so on.  You'd have to have, say, three PCs at minimum to make it worth the while, and maybe wait at least an IG year.

2. Save Room Request.  If the group survives for 3 IG years, you can submit a request for a 'save' room at a spot, or maybe a room description change -- depending on what the coded stuff about save rooms is.  Perhaps there could be 10 save rooms reserved for this purpose (i.e., a dynamo-clan could request just one and there could be 10 dynamo clans).  No doors or locks or NPCs or anything like that, just a place you can MUSH around with 'arrange' and have it preserve, e.g., a campsite, a dingy bakery in the rinth, a hovel in Storm.

3. vNPC request.  I don't know the coded reality, but one big frustration with establishing a space of your own outside the city is the random PC grab-and-run while you are logged off (in addition to crashes).  Perhaps a script could be added after 5 IG years that would have vNPCs report thieves to you, or a room echo like "A lot of refugees mill around here." 

If it were set-up to be dynamic, then when all the PCs have died in that dynamo-clan, everything (save room, board, etc.) just goes away.

This is a really good idea.  Allow trusted players to develop non city based and dynamic groups. The only support they would need is a page on the gdb where members can check in and arrange RPT times etc.  The quality of membership is the fact that you have access to the group boards.

No warehouses, no compounds or shops. You might get one guarded save/quit room if you show staff that you have a consistent member base. 

Nice idea Natua!  :)
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."