Armageddon Confessional

Started by RogueGunslinger, March 14, 2016, 02:45:27 PM

I confess to having killed no pcs ever.

I've killed npcs.
I've killed animal npcs.
Human npcs.
Never an actual player.
I don't want too either ;.;

Dear Ginka I confess that I want to play all the time.

Dear Ginka I confess that three quarters of the PKs I've been involved in involved torture beforehand.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

I confess that I could have gotten my Financial Report to the auditor yesterday, if I had not been playing Arm! But instead he gets it tonight! Take that bean counter!
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

I confess that this cracked me up.

Very far to the east: the human soldier briefly inspects a filthy grey rat's belongings, then allows it to pass.

Should've checked more thoroughly. 'Rinthis always have spice.

I confess that I am now tempted to plant spice on rats near the gates and play the waiting game.. just to see that play out.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

I said 'Krath' as a genuine curse of frustration just now. The second confession is that I immediately felt I needed to come here and tell people.
The human vagabond steps forward, blocking a filthy grey rat from the curtain.
The human vagabond says, in sirihish:
     "You're not allowed in there."

I regularly mentally go "Krath" for damn irl now.
This isn't funny anymore.

Armor should weigh less btw.

I dunno if you were being serious or not.  ;D I know some of my relatives talk about eating possum and that it's the best. I have to admit, I'd take a nibble just to see what it was like!

Confession: I probably pour way too much attention into the game at times and hinge too much emotion on things that happen in it. So when things go good, they go really, really good for me, but when things go bad, I feel wretched.
Smooth Sands,
Maristen Kadius, Solace the Bard, Paxter (Jump), Numii Arabet, and the rest.

On that note, I confess that I have long depressing withdrawals from Armageddon when my characters die/get messed up under my own stupid circumstances (i.e.: NPC animals, accidentally going into one of the alleyways in Redstorm, bringing expensive stuff into the 'rinth without covering it etc.).

I confess that when I get new mail I get excited, then I see it's not from armageddon and a tiny part of my soul dies.

Screw you funcom, I don't want to play your games.
Fuck you blizzard, I'm already playing all your games.
Screw you Roku, I don't want no more channels.
Stupid e-mails.
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

I confess I still have no idea the proper syntax for filling my waterskins. Have to look it up with "list" every time.

Quote from: dravage on July 03, 2016, 03:15:48 AM
I said 'Krath' as a genuine curse of frustration just now. The second confession is that I immediately felt I needed to come here and tell people.

Did it again >.<
The human vagabond steps forward, blocking a filthy grey rat from the curtain.
The human vagabond says, in sirihish:
     "You're not allowed in there."

Dear Ginka I confess that I get really excited about Monday reboots (or in this case, a Tuesday reboot)!  It's like unwrapping a present.  Also, I know it's been years, but being able to polish off BIO entries via the website is an epic boon.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

I confess that even with the more transparent 'skills listing' on the subguilds now, I -still- commonly manage to pick a subguild that in no way compliments my main guild.
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

Reminder: this is a confessional thread, not a random thought/random complaint thread. Unless it can fit in an "I confess" format or its a brief digression from someone else's complaint, it probably doesn't belong here.  ;)
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

I confess that I have a serious lack of sympathy sometimes that can come off a certain way, due solely off of how much I've seen the game become easier and far more user-friendly, where you don't need to memorize as much in order to have a chance of survival, and where you need to twink less to have a chance of survival.

I also confess that the thing that makes me think of this is that I just got to use the 'stop' command to keep something bad from happening.  The stop command.  It's beautiful.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I confess to being the independent sort, who likes to explore, craft, progress, sometimes, on her own without other people. Other times I crave people interaction but feel immensely frustrated because I don't know where so many people are or what they're doing.

I confess that the thought of roleplaying with my char, being attached to him/her and the people I roleplay with, only to get killed somewhere and lose those interactions, those pleasant routines, is devastating.

I confess I do not like perma-death. Correction: I hate it. (Books/movies with deaths in them make me angry and sad. I once cried over a bad ending of a book for two hours.) I know, I know, why am I here, right? Because the world and its players have intrigued me literally for years, I've just now gotten curious and bold enough to try it out, and I like this game a whole lot. I just dread the dying part. I don't find that it adds to my gameplay.

I confess that I do not like mudsex for its own sake--it has to add to something in my character's life. Walking around, only to get hit on by someone is highly irritating, to the point that sometimes, I've just not gone into public places.

I confess to be eager but terrified to explore what lies outside the city of Allanak. I'm an explorer--it's what I do on games, so not being able to explore certain places can get frustrating, though I'm learning to accept it.

I read the first two or three pages of this thread, not all of them. Too attached to my character/s? Absolutely. Addicted to Arm? Definitely. A softie? Let's just not talk about that, because the answer is almost always yes.

Okay, I'll stop for now. :)

I confess to regularly just up and poof for several months at a time, then returning only to obsessively play untill this happens again.
...Now what was the character I was playing again? Oh dear gods.
Try to be the gem in each other's shit.

I confess after about 10:30 my ability to spell goes to hell. I hate it, but my tired brain just will not function properly after then. I have literally cringed at some of my logs and can tell the exact moment I started to get really tired.

I confess that sometimes when I'm in a goofy mood it shows through on my emotes more often than not.

The good news is that Armageddon provides those goofy moods for me and I do get a real giggle out of it, medically speaking I think Armageddon has helped me through a lot of health issues over the years.

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVVhvr_PXG4

I confess this is how I think of every tribal in my head.
Where it will go

I play this game like more complicated fire emblem.

I confess that I'm really not sold on my return to Armageddon. I get excited to play then I log in and 15 minutes later I'm like eeeeeeeeeehhhhh......... Then I log out, wait a few hours, get excited again, log in then after a few minutes I'm like meeeeeeeeeh.

Sometime Armageddon is a lot better played in your head  :-\
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I confess, some of my best playing is in my head. But it is fueled by what is/was/will be going on with my PCs.