Armageddon Confessional

Started by RogueGunslinger, March 14, 2016, 02:45:27 PM

After two years of playing, I just recently discovered look room.
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

Quote from: nauta on June 11, 2016, 03:58:47 PM
Dear Ginka, I confess that whenever I come across someone on the sands, I really want to raid them.

Now I want to be raided by nauta!
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

I see people treating those wearing simple sandcloth shirts and/or a pair of light-brown pants as newbies without actually getting any newbie-vibes or chat or actions from the wearer. (???)

Maybe I play too realistically.

Example: I don't dive for every possible way to interact with others. If I'm a gemmed, and there's a party of normals riding up to me, and I don't have business with them, have something important to say or know them, do you really think I'm going to stop and have idle chat with them? "Ey wot, this is a fine day for riding. Isn't it?" Sometimes when you're playing a gemmed, you're actually an abomination that is only allowed to live because you're useful to the Highlord. We don't know how to play discriminated people because most of us were born in an age of reason, where all people are considered to be at least on par with humanity.

June 14, 2016, 09:24:37 AM #278 Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 09:29:54 AM by path
I confess to diving for any chance to interact with other players.

Reiloth. I'm in the same boat. I can really only play lightly. I have to give up on being the best at anything (or anywhere in sight of that) and just enjoy the ambience. Luckily for me, what I've always loved best is the straight filth of the Allanaki environment and population.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Quote from: Reiloth on June 14, 2016, 01:12:43 AM
Sorry guys, I think i'm falling out of love with ArmageddonMUD or just not able to commit the time I 'need to' to the relationship, and it hurts. I think part of it is I miss the complexity of Tuluk, and i'm sort of tired of Allanak in general, and where else do you go? I suppose I could play a Ranger, but that gets old, too. Oh well, i'll give it another shot in a few weeks or whenever.

This is exactly how I've felt in the last 2-3 years..

Miss Tuluk, don't like Allanak, don't have the time or "energy" to re-dedicate my life to a virtual character to achieve anything of worth and playing rangers in the middle of nowhere is fun but the whole point of muds for me are social interaction, otherwise I might be better served playing Witcher 3, Total War Warhammer and/or the next game coming out soon.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I don't think there's anything really worth trying to accomplish in game.

Sometimes I see PC's being happy and content and I just want to fuck that up for them . Even when I'm playing a character that has no IC motivation to do so. 

Dear Ginka, I confess that I plagiarised two NPC mdescs.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: WanderingOoze on June 14, 2016, 05:11:13 PM
Sometimes I see PC's being happy and content and I just want to fuck that up for them . Even when I'm playing a character that has no IC motivation to do so. 

Sometimes when I see MY pc's being happy and content I like to fuck that up for them.  ;D
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Dear Ginka, I have always wanted to pk. Just the one time every now and then because it does make sense for some of the characters I play but cant oocly bring myself to do it.

Ginka.
When I gather marilla sap, I always kick myself OOCly for not bringing some sort of reasonable container, but I gather that shit anyway and put it in my bag like it makes sense. I emote a great deal of lint, but I still use it.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

I murdered a link-dead player and sold his loot in the bazaar for coins.

I am that reason you shouldn't drop link in public.

Quote from: Miradus on June 14, 2016, 08:26:27 PM
I love dwarves, but I hate these bald, beardless dweebs with no culture of their own. It makes me crazy so in my head-canon, they still have dwarven characteristics.

And I DO play "Diggy diggy hole" in the background when I log on to one.

Back in the day, dwarves had a place to be. The Malarn were awesome, but like so many other things in Armageddon, it was yanked out of the game and nothing was added to fill the gap.

Quote from: Clavis on June 15, 2016, 11:06:47 AM
I have to confess

I miss my crazy sharp in tuluk, even if she drove me crazy.
I just miss Tuluk in general. For the majority of my rangers I played, in fact for the majority of most of my characters, they played there. Minuit was awesome. Loved that French translation of a minute, him.

Quote from: deathkamon on June 15, 2016, 11:14:33 AM
Quote from: Clavis on June 15, 2016, 11:06:47 AM
I have to confess

I miss my crazy sharp in tuluk, even if she drove me crazy.
I just miss Tuluk in general. For the majority of my rangers I played, in fact for the majority of most of my characters, they played there. Minuit was awesome. Loved that French translation of a minute, him.

Minuit = Midnight in French, not minute heheh
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I confess. I have been known to try

>Order vennant give me a fucking ale.

No matter how many indifferent looks he gives me. It will pay off...some day

I confess I frequently take off my cloak/shirt/jacket/hauberk before I take off my backpack.
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Quote from: whitt on June 15, 2016, 12:42:04 PM
I confess I frequently take off my cloak/shirt/jacket/hauberk before I take off my backpack.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I feel bad OOC, but I am secretly thrilled when I find someone's unlooted corpse.

Quote from: Yam on June 14, 2016, 08:23:06 PM
Quote from: Chettaman on June 14, 2016, 08:18:11 PM
Ginka.
When I gather marilla sap, I always kick myself OOCly for not bringing some sort of reasonable container, but I gather that shit anyway and put it in my bag like it makes sense. I emote a great deal of lint, but I still use it.

I see no problem with a character carrying around virtual pieces of vellum to fold into makeshift containers or virtual small clay jars. Just do that - Zalanthan ziplock bag.
I love you, man. Seriously, I've never thought to do this. Even after seeing people do it with virtual wax papers and meats.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

I confess that I miss the days of mercy not being a thing and sparring accidents being a very common occurrence.
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Dear Ginka, I confess that this is probably just a RAT in disguise.  However, I was hemming and hawing about race/guild/subguild combinations, and noticed this line:

"By practicing their shieldwork, protectors learn to bandage wounds, and are able to practice bandage to journeyman."

So, less a confession and more a thanksgiving: I am so grateful that what-branches-what has been articulated!
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

60 subguilds, most of which I think are awesome.
6 guilds... none of which really seem appealing anymore.

Guild changes can't get here quick enough.  :-[

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

none of my characters end up going in the direction i want, throw aways turn and evolve, silently letting me know to fuck off, and they got this.
those i pour thought into giggle and throw themselves under the bus.
Sweet chaos let it unfold upon the land.
Guided forever by my adoring loving hand.
It is I the nightmare that sleeps but shall wake.

After having played Rangers for the better part of three years, I now find the lack of direction sense both infuriating and unplayable.
Where it will go