The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

Quote from: Malifaxis on June 07, 2016, 03:09:21 PM
Quote from: lostinspace on June 07, 2016, 02:43:04 PM
Quote from: Barsook on June 06, 2016, 07:23:40 PM
Quote from: Yam on June 06, 2016, 02:22:35 AM
I type stat, score, skill, and who 10 times an hour.

(I think we all do)

I do these, but also eq, i, and keyword .

Truly, yes... but I also look me.  A lot.  Because I want to make sure my whatever is doing what I thought it should.

Which I then wonder if look me echoes to other people... can it be spotted?  DOES EVERYONE THINK MY CHARACTER IS AS VAIN AS HE REALLY IS?!?!

This. All the time. I sort've anchor myself back in my character this way, but also because i frequently forget I have a wrench in my hand, or a lantern, or a sword. I forget that I changed into silks instead of leathers. And every time...even though I KNOW better, I feel anxious that someone can see.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Quote from: Beethoven on June 07, 2016, 03:25:36 PM
I confess that I am terrible at crafting emotes and they are always really bare-bones. I feel exhausted when I think about how to convey crafting items I don't know how to make IRL in a detailed manner, over and over and over again.

That's why I like component crafting best out of all crafts, because no one can tell me I'm doing it wrong.

This.

Also, I'm a very loud and outspoken person irl. However I'm not the greatest writer, despite playing a game that's all about writing for well over a decade I'm not very good at all compared to many of you. I freeze up when I'm placed in a position where all of the attention is on me and there's a crowd and I'm horribly self-conscious that I'm going to fail at entertaining the readers in a convincing way. I get Armageddon stage fright.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Oh my goodness, I get stage fright too. I always have. It is the worst, but I've played with you Majikal and it was totally rad, so probably you're selling yourself short. On the other hand, on the occasions when I'm not too freaked to roll out a bunch of fancy nonsense, I tend to refrain because....show boating.
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

I get terrible stagefright from songs and dancing emotes but not combat ones.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on June 07, 2016, 07:23:41 PM

That's rational. People are way criticier about those.

Maybe we should give bards crimcode immunity and code all instruments as bludgeoning.

Confession: I will always suck at travel because I cant remember things very well. And refuse to cheat and use a map.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on June 07, 2016, 07:23:41 PM

RPing through those sounds nauseatingly horrifying to me. With combat emotes I just draw a blank. It strikes me as superfluous since there's already -plenty- of spammy screen stuff.

You could for example, in a combat emote do something such as this:
You get slashed in the leg.
Em grins with pain as ~me falls to one knee, pushing back up with a shout.

Etc

As for music or whatever
Em plucks the strings of lute making a music emote but its an audio thing so hard describe

Quote from: Hauwke on June 07, 2016, 10:32:57 PM
You could for example, in a combat emote do something such as this:
You get slashed in the leg.
Em grins with pain as ~me falls to one knee, pushing back up with a shout.

Etc

As for music or whatever
Em plucks the strings of lute making a music emote but its an audio thing so hard describe

Super easy.

em jams out on ~lute in a very heart warming fashion.  It brings great pleasure and warmths.

em Continuing to play ~lute, @ keeps warming hearts until they get a nice sear and some grill markings.  You have been cooked from the inside and you die.

get coins body
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

I can't play without aliasing look to ls. It comes from back when I was playing other muds when I first started taking programming courses, I kept typing look in the unix command line and ls in game, so I just converged the two...
3/21/16 Never Forget

Over a decade ago my first character's first weapon was 'a sharp bone jambiya' (r.i.p Tuluk) and I used the keyword sharp to draw them, later I alias'd it to draw them both just by me typing the word sharp.

To this day no matter what pc's I'm playing, my weapons are alias'd to the word sharp for drawing and rsharp for sheathing them. No matter the weapon.
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

> touch this
You feel too relaxed to do that here.
> sit
You stop resting, and sit up.
> touch this
Maybe you should get on your feet first.
> stand
You stand up.
> touch this
Sorry, you cannot do that here.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: Chettaman on June 09, 2016, 01:31:18 AM
My prompt looks similar to this.

Health (00/100)  Stun (00/100)  Mana (00/100)  Stamina (00/100) =late at night=
| Standing | sneaking | unarmed | very heavy |

That's too much stuff d00d! I can't stand a cluttered prompt. I did away with displaying max values and just do the currents. I just memorize the max for the character, since you spend like 95% of your time fully healed anyways.

100 98 120 standing walking armed->

Or for the mage shorties:

100 98 9001 120 standing walking armed->
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Quote from: Jingo on June 06, 2016, 07:09:54 PM
Done with Armageddon. It's become a game more about avoiding shitty players than enjoying a role.

Eh, I feel you dude. The only characters that I've really enjoyed in the last few years have been rinthis or desert-heavy loners. No need to deal with tedious people. There's not much of a point trying to build anything these days, and there's a very stagnant clan class. Sometimes I feel like I should just retire trying to play well thought out, interesting players, and just play raiders instead. Not enough people starting trouble anyways. But, I don't feel like going down as a griefer either. So, I'm all but done with Arm myself.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

I like playing in PC created tribes because I get to write mountains of documentation and annoy all the other members of the tribe by making them trudge through it all. If you haven't tried that, that's one way to keep things fresh.

Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on June 10, 2016, 03:29:32 PM
Eh, I feel you dude. The only characters that I've really enjoyed in the last few years have been rinthis or desert-heavy loners. No need to deal with tedious people. There's not much of a point trying to build anything these days, and there's a very stagnant clan class. Sometimes I feel like I should just retire trying to play well thought out, interesting players, and just play raiders instead. Not enough people starting trouble anyways. But, I don't feel like going down as a griefer either. So, I'm all but done with Arm myself.

If you start a raider clan, I will store and sign up. I think a coordinated 3-4 person raider clan could be some of the most fun (and fun for others) to be had, plus I just want to take people shit.
3/21/16 Never Forget

Quote from: Majikal on June 08, 2016, 07:42:45 PM
Over a decade ago my first character's first weapon was 'a sharp bone jambiya' (r.i.p Tuluk) and I used the keyword sharp to draw them, later I alias'd it to draw them both just by me typing the word sharp.

To this day no matter what pc's I'm playing, my weapons are alias'd to the word sharp for drawing and rsharp for sheathing them. No matter the weapon.

I have the same thing with my alias for weapons, and for closing packs, cloaks etc. I use  buttons in cmud and I just edit the commands sent to the MUD when I use new weapons.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Quote from: SuchDragonWow on June 11, 2016, 04:27:11 AM
Quote from: Majikal on June 11, 2016, 04:04:10 AM
After killing a great breast.

What comes out of my keyboard in the wee hours of the morning, I am not responsible for.

;D

Case. Point.

Also I've been mudsexxing too much apparently. =\

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

You can if four hours a day is casual!

Definitely not getting that feeling here.

Quote from: Yam on June 11, 2016, 07:10:07 AM
Definitely not getting that feeling here.

I haven't had a dull day that I've played Armageddon in months. Amen.

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Dear Ginka, I confess that whenever I come across someone on the sands, I really want to raid them.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago