Basic things you've never done

Started by MeTekillot, February 19, 2016, 06:43:09 AM

Never enjoyed the Rinth
Never played a tressy aide
Never played a tailor built class/ subclass for a specific role idea.
Never spent or possibly even earned karma (Except in League of Legends)

Never played a magic class in any capacity
Never played a psionicist
Never played any race other than human or dwarf
Never explored at any great length other than trying to find places

Never got to PK Ceylara Borsail

I've never played a merchant.
I've never played an aide.
I've never played in the Byn.
I've never played a character that never left the city.

Nor do I really want to. Maybe the Byn, someday.

I've never had a PC that didn't join the T'zai Byn.

I've never had a PC join a clan that wasn't the T'zai Byn.

I've never had a PC that didn't kill at least five other PCs.

I've never lost a PC to another PC that didn't involve extreme code cheese tactics or staff 'assistance'.

I've never lost a PC to an NPC that wasn't related to the aforementioned 'staff assistance'.

I've never lost a PC in an RPT or HRPT.

I've never had a PC in an RPT or HRPT that wasn't on the front line.

I've never had a PC that didn't lose a mount to a staff animated super beast (mek, worm, horror, ankheg, etc).

I've never played a sponsored role.

I've never had more than one point of karma.

I've never held one point of karma for more than year (afaik).

I've never played a Tuluk.

I've never played a 'rinther.

I've never regretted playing a Stormer.  8)

I've never played a pickpocket.

I've never played a merchant.

I've never played a mul.

I've never played a city elf.

I've never played a desert elf.

I've never played a dwarf.

I've never played a half-giant.

I've never played a psion.

I've never played a magicker.

I've never had a PC that didn't kill at least one of all of the above.

I've never had a PC that didn't mudsex a magicker (or psi, undead, etc).

I've never had a PC that didn't piss Nyr off.

I've never had any regrets about that.

I've never had a PC that wasn't wanted in both Allanak and Tuluk at the same time, at least once in their lifetime.

I've never had a PC end up in jail (where I didn't intend to).

I've never had a PC that didn't have at least 5+ NPCs dropped on them simultaneously by staff at least once in their life.

I've never had a PC that didn't fall in love.

I've never had a PC that wasn't betrayed by someone they love.

I've never had a PC that betrayed someone they love.

I've never had a PC that wasn't betrayed by a friend.

I've never had a PC that betrayed a friend.

I've never nailed the 'murder, corruption, betrayal' thing, but two out of three ain't bad.
Someone says, out of character:
     "Sorry, was a wolf outside, had to warn someone."

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

I have never

been on a silt skimmer
played a sneaky that lived past like 3 RL days
successfully played a character of the opposite sex
enjoyed playing a wiggler
successfully backstabbed someone
successfully sapped someone
played a templar or noble
been paid to kill someone
paid someone to kill someone else
successfully poisoned someone
With a dip of her head, the half-elf girl says to the short-ass dwarf, in  sirihish:
     "Yeah, okay. Well, thanks for the meat.

His head bobbing, the short-ass dwarf says to the half-elf girl, in sirihish:
      "Thas what she said."

Oh, you should totally get on a skimmer. Its so much fun.

I think I've been on a skimmer a grand total of twice..and I can't remember the first time.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Never played an assassin who actually killed someone.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I played a deadly 60 day assassin that everyone knew was an assassin. Nobody wanted me to kill anyone.

Don't really need assassins when you have templars and backrooms, unfortunately.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Did you assassinate someone and have everyone know it was you? That's how you get customers. You have to pull it off once yourself.

March 10, 2016, 09:17:42 AM #34 Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 09:23:42 AM by Jingo
Everyone in Tuluk (that mattered) knew I was a freelance assassin for hire. And that I was no slouch at smacking things either.

Pretty sure my point stands. Don't need assassins when there is no consequence to killing in your own backroom. Or when you can hire templars as your personal thugs.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Quote from: Jingo on March 10, 2016, 09:10:42 AM
I played a deadly 60 day assassin that everyone knew was an assassin. Nobody wanted me to kill anyone.

Don't really need assassins when you have templars and backrooms, unfortunately.

Exact same situation in Allanak on a maxed out 50 day assassin.

I actually had a noble tell me to my face they didn't need to hire me when they had Templars who would do their bidding for them much cheaper.

I had another noble tell me to my face, an Oashi, that they had their own employees (magickers) who could arguably do it better, cheaper, and safer.

The worst part is they were absolutely right every single time.

*shrug*

I ended up mostly just playing a burglar.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

I'm just saying I got multiple offers pretty quick, but it wasn't until I murdered the fuck out of someone that it happened.

There are definitely situations where you want someone killed but don't have the Templarate/magickers at your disposal, or a mark dumb enough to wander into your apartment unprepared. I don't really buy the idea that there's no need for assassins.

March 10, 2016, 09:35:55 AM #37 Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 09:44:05 AM by Desertman
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on March 10, 2016, 09:30:34 AM
I'm just saying I got multiple offers pretty quick, but it wasn't until I murdered the fuck out of someone that it happened.

There are definitely situations where you want someone killed but don't have the Templarate/magickers at your disposal, or a mark dumb enough to wander into your apartment unprepared. I don't really buy the idea that there's no need for assassins.

I got a few jobs.

I just found it unnerving that I got told straight to my face by some sponsored roles that they had zero use for an assassin and even went into detail about why.

Templars and magickers fill that role for them cheaper and more safely.

The jobs I ended up doing were typically for commoners who couldn't really afford to pay for an assassin but I was bored and took the job anyways, or for friends with enemies where I was doing "free work", basically.

Hands down THE most regular job offer I received was from multiple Templars who wanted me to go hunt rogue magickers in the desert. They always offered between 500 and 1,000 coins for this.

Yeah sure Mister/Miss Templar, I'm going to get right on that. Thanks for wasting an hour and a half of my time pulling me into your dumbass meeting.

"Hands down THE most regular job off I received was from multiple Templars who wanted me to go hunt rogue magickers in the desert. They always offered between 500 and 1,000 coins for this."

Assassin:"Excuse me Lord Templar but could you please go fuck your self"

Jesus you can make that salting in like, what, a real life hour? Jesus fuck that.

Never was on a skimmer too, but I'm planning play a PC that will be on one.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Desertman on March 10, 2016, 09:26:39 AM
Quote from: Jingo on March 10, 2016, 09:10:42 AM

Exact same situation in Allanak on a maxed out 50 day assassin.

I actually had a noble tell me to my face they didn't need to hire me when they had Templars who would do their bidding for them much cheaper.

I had another noble tell me to my face, an Oashi, that they had their own employees (magickers) who could arguably do it better, cheaper, and safer.

The worst part is they were absolutely right every single time.

*shrug*

I ended up mostly just playing a burglar.

Go word to the Templar that Noble A said they reliably treat them like a common, cheap cutthroat.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Never played as a griefer.
Never played any Ku-rock n roll.
Never played a Templar or a Noble
Never played a bent back or a flatbacker
Never had a PC that dated any of Zoans PCs or any of Is Fridays PCs. I must be the only one.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Hm...
I've never played a desert elf.
I've never talked to a D-elf in person
I've never played a C-elf (Though I have half-elves)
Never played a dwarf.
Never played anything but human and half-elf as if I list everything it will suck.
Never played a water mage, have played an Earth mage though. All other magics I haven't either.
Never app'd a mutant with a beneficial perk.
Never spec app'd something stupid, even though I do make stupid ideas.
Never witnessed magic outside of the magic quarter.
I've never been or have mugged.
I've never been killed unless it was my own stupidity...okay expect that one time.
I've never killed anything bigger than a Scrab/Carru

I've never slept with a man in game, no homo.
I've never had a character use spice.
I've never been on a skimmer/elemental mount/wagon.
I've never tamed an animal.
Never backstabbed, poisoned, or killed another person. (I'd like to)
I've never played non-ranger class out in the wilderness (Thinking about it though...really am...I wish more subguilds got scavenge food ;.;)

Quote from: Jihelu on March 10, 2016, 09:42:35 AM
"Hands down THE most regular job off I received was from multiple Templars who wanted me to go hunt rogue magickers in the desert. They always offered between 500 and 1,000 coins for this."

Jesus you can make that salting in like, what, a real life hour? Jesus fuck that.

The reasons to work for a Templar are numerous, but coins is the least they have to offer.  Nobles are the rich kids.

Quote from: wizturbo on March 10, 2016, 02:10:06 PM
Quote from: Jihelu on March 10, 2016, 09:42:35 AM

The reasons to work for a Templar are numerous, but coins is the least they have to offer.  Nobles are the rich kids.

The reasons not at the top of that list are to get killed hunting rogue magickers in the desert as an assassin for 500 - 1,000 coins.

If a Templar offers me that, I know exactly which Templar I have zero interest in working for.

As a player of bounty hunters, I would take that offer.  Inflation is a bitch.  5k used to be what I got paid for assassinating NOBLES.  You're all just spoiled.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Armaddict on March 10, 2016, 03:06:56 PM
As a player of bounty hunters, I would take that offer.  Inflation is a bitch.  5k used to be what I got paid for assassinating NOBLES.  You're all just spoiled.

^^^ yeah.

My problem is that a templar is asking an city-based assassin to work in the desert, and less so with the price.

For rogue witches you want bounty hunters, not cityslickers, heh.

Never actually been assassinated by a third party. I'd probably be 100% happier with my recent character deaths if it went down that way.

Quote from: Armaddict on March 10, 2016, 03:06:56 PM
As a player of bounty hunters, I would take that offer.  Inflation is a bitch.  5k used to be what I got paid for assassinating NOBLES.  You're all just spoiled.

Back in my day there was no crafting code or skinnables from critters and we had to kill gith captains just to get 10 coins!
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

I will hunt and kill commoners for that kind of money, but I'm not hunting what is literally a walking childhood story nightmare for what a good salt grebber gets in a few IC days without even spamming it up.