Subguild and Sorcerer Changes

Started by John, February 15, 2016, 09:50:05 AM

Send in a polite email request about it. I doubt staff intended for this to screw over anyone's character.

I mean, it could be worse, you could have had your entire guild picked out for you. :P But they meant well. So instead of stewing on it, trying to make it work, and then sending in a frustrated email anyway, just reach out now. Shoot off a quick "hey, guys, this doesn't jive with my character concept, how can we fix this" email and see how it goes.

That way you're saving everyone some time and yourself (and likely the staff) a good bit of frustration and confusion.

They're reasonable people as long as you deal reasonably with them.

source: been there, done that

Quote from: Delirium on February 22, 2016, 02:26:10 PM
Send in a polite email request about it. I doubt staff intended for this to screw over anyone's character.

I mean, it could be worse, you could have had your entire guild picked out for you. :P But they meant well. So instead of stewing on it, trying to make it work, and then sending in a frustrated email anyway, just reach out now. Shoot off a quick "hey, guys, this doesn't jive with my character concept, how can we fix this" email and see how it goes.

That way you're saving everyone some time and yourself (and likely the staff) a good bit of frustration and confusion.

See there, that's a much better response. Thank you very much. And if it's my ignorance as to how the code works and they had to change everyone with a particular subguild...then my apologies. But it still would have been nice to have been warned about it ahead of time and given the option to either go with the change or retrofit my character back to the original subguild's skills. I didn't see this mentioned anywhere on the GDB and in fact someone had to actually ask whether these changes were retroactive before we even learned such.

Quote from: shpadoinkle on February 22, 2016, 01:57:50 PM
Does anyone else find altering a current PC without consent of the player kind of a dick move? I made my character with a particular guild/subguild combination for a reason. I worked hard getting particular skills up and then I find I log in and my character is not only permanently changed through no action of my own...but my character is now fundamentally broken. Is there no way a current PC can say "Nope. Please just leave my character the way they are"? Or switch to a subguild that contains the skills my original subguild had and was thus the reason for my picking that subguild to begin with?

Many people have posted their delight at getting their skills changed. As Majikal said, I'm sure staff are quite open to changing you back if the skills you lost were important to your character concept.

Quote from: shpadoinkle on February 22, 2016, 02:30:28 PM
Quote from: Delirium on February 22, 2016, 02:26:10 PM

See there, that's a much better response. Thank you very much. And if it's my ignorance as to how the code works and they had to change everyone with a particular subguild...then my apologies. But it still would have been nice to have been warned about it ahead of time and given the option to either go with the change or retrofit my character back to the original subguild's skills. I didn't see this mentioned anywhere on the GDB and in fact someone had to actually ask whether these changes were retroactive before we even learned such.

When changes are done to guilds (and assume this is the same for the subguild) your skills that you have that are not in the new tree disappear.  I know this because I was playing a sorcerer a very long time ago when they changed the spell list and I lost several spells.  And then a long time ago I was playing a sorcerer and they changed the spell list again and I lost some spells.  I was told the first time that it was not possible to keep the stuff that disappeared, although I don't know if I was given a code or an equity answer.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

I'm not so sure that's true. I had a pickpocket with slashing, piercing and bludgeoning when the guild weapon skills were swapped
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Changes to the subguild meant that when someone logged in with that subguild it was 'updated' upon login to match the new files.

If you find that it's changed in a way that doesn't work for you please get in touch and we can see what other options we have for you.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Quote from: Adhira on February 22, 2016, 11:30:05 PM
Changes to the subguild meant that when someone logged in with that subguild it was 'updated' upon login to match the new files.

If you find that it's changed in a way that doesn't work for you please get in touch and we can see what other options we have for you.

everyone keeps mentioning magickal subguilds.

what do you mean by magickal subguilds.

like, elementalist lites?
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Quote from: evilcabbage on February 23, 2016, 06:03:33 AM
Quote from: Adhira on February 22, 2016, 11:30:05 PM

everyone keeps mentioning magickal subguilds.

what do you mean by magickal subguilds.

like, elementalist lite?

No - sorcerers are now subguilds. Magickal subguilds refer to those.

ohhhh. i thought that was what it meant.

should probably just call it "sorc subguilds" or something. it's even less words, check that out.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

March 06, 2016, 12:41:52 AM #234 Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 12:44:49 AM by RogueGunslinger
Apothecary should have master bandage. Really irked me when I made a concept built around it only to find out I'd never actually be that good. Rangers shouldn't be the only one with it.

Weaponsmith should be able to make clubs and axes.

You can request additional/different weapon making skills for weaponsmiths.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on March 06, 2016, 01:27:16 AM
You can request additional/different weapon making skills for weaponsmiths.
Really? I hadn't read that. Still, it would be nice if it didn't require a spec app, but instead there were 2 types of weapon crafters. One trades spear and sword making for club and axe making, but both get arrows and knives. Also, if there were spearmaking recipes for damned wooden poles...
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Or... just one type. Because why have two? Not like people are going to be complaining that a crafter subguild is OP.

It's not listed anywhere. I just asked via the Special App to swap one weapon-type for another because it made more sense for the character. This was back when you still had to spec app for extended subguilds. Not sure if you could do it these days without burning an app.