Embedded objects.

Started by , October 04, 2003, 09:16:14 AM

I just thought of this due to a post by Jazuela over on TMS (Bestatte I think).

For objects embedded in the room, like if the room describeds shelves... and you would be able to look at them. I think it would really help the game (and disuade the use of brief mode) if more of these objects were made to be interacted with. That said, if a player sees a room description that they feel should have an embedded object, should he or she typo it? Bug it? Idea it? Should he or she do one of these things then send in additional information to the mud account (As in writing up the object normally).

I would be more than glad to do any of these things, because embedded objects are just fun, and I think they should become the standard for most static things.

EDIT: Just realized that this couldn't be done for every object, or else they wouldn't be stealable. So... what objects would you even consider being static? Large chests, dressers, beds, shelves? Those are the questionable ones. Statues and other natural features of course should be static.

There is a mechanism in placed called the 'extra description' that allows for you to 'look' at an items mentioned in the room's main description.  You can always submit extra descriptions for rooms to the mud at mud@ginka.armageddon.org ,or if the description is part of an Estate or Clan area, to the relevant IMM.

For further detail on how to format and submit descriptions, have a look at http://www.zalanthas.org/ArmDocs/Community/format.html#rooms.

Hope that helps.

You're welcome to either use the idea command or mail in the descriptions if they're too long for idea-ing. I like adding edescs, so feel free.

But sometimes, you need something a bit more than an edesc (unless this has been modified as well, but I don't think so).  Such as shelves in a room desc, that you can actually put things on/in.  I know quite a number of these things already exist in game, but I don't believe they're done with edescs (actualy objects set to be perm and invis?)

When we write up an object such as these, should we specify thet they are already in the room description (as well as what room)?
When we found her Marnlee mornin',
Hoofprints walking up her back
There were empties by her war braids
And sixty-five dead carru in a stack.

~ Unknown - Heru Got Runover by a Carru

QuoteWhen we write up an object such as these, should we specify thet they are already in the room description (as well as what room)?

Yes. If it's something like shelves, though, you might just idea that there should be shelves, since we have some generic objects for such purposes.

Quote from: "Sanvean"If it's something like shelves, though, you might just idea that there should be shelves, since we have some generic objects for such purposes.

Thanks, you answered another question I had, but was unsure how to phrase.
When we found her Marnlee mornin',
Hoofprints walking up her back
There were empties by her war braids
And sixty-five dead carru in a stack.

~ Unknown - Heru Got Runover by a Carru