<as underwear>

Started by The Silence of the Erdlus, January 23, 2016, 01:29:44 PM

Would you like to see a wear slot <as underwear> become a thing in the game?

I would like it. We could have all kinds of lovely, demure, colorful, drab and sexy options for that wear slot, as well as explaining that people are, in fact, wearing underwear. Right now you know that three Kadian recipes are off-limits to commoners, you know that Aide Kissass is dating Hunter Muscles and that a Templar is jealous and is going to have Hunter Muscles killed secretly, but you don't know if you're wearing underwear or not.

January 23, 2016, 01:42:03 PM #1 Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 01:44:45 PM by Dresan
The things I would love to see in terms of wardrobe:

1. You need to remove things before you can put them anywhere. No more automatically putting your hide pants into your bag in front of the bar.

2. A single command where you can remove all your clothing/armor into a container or floor without spamming the room.
example:
strip self
The red dwarf removes all her worn gear dropping them on the floor as she undresses.

strip self bag
The blue human removes all his worn gear putting them into a bag as he undresses.

3. Definitely would love to see a hidden underwear slot, only shown to everyone when you have nothing on your legs and waist.

Quote from: Dresan on January 23, 2016, 01:42:03 PM
The things I would love to see in terms of wardrobe:

1. You need to remove things before you can put them anywhere. No more automatically putting your hide pants into your bag in front of the bar.

What? Why get rid of this. it cuts commands in half.

That is why I suggested the second command, it would make things more convenient for mudsexxers, raiders and players who want to change their clothing once in a while but don't want to make a spammy macro like me.

All the convenience, without the annoyance of accidentally putting your hide pants into a bag in front of everyone at the bar. (We've all been there, it can't just be me)

I'm all for a command that stops me from seeing you remove every single piece of your gear.

The muscular, bro takes off all his clothes. Works for me.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

Quote from: Dresan on January 23, 2016, 01:59:30 PM
That is why I suggested the second command, it would make things more convenient for mudsexxers, raiders and players who want to change their clothing once in a while but don't want to make a spammy macro like me.

All the convenience, without the annoyance of accidentally putting your hide pants into a bag in front of everyone at the bar. (We've all been there, it can't just be me)

Yeah but what if you just want to take of a few key things and store them?

Perhaps nosave remove: stops you from removing items that are worn.

If this becomes a thing, imagine all those kaidians being
Swamped with thong orders.
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

Yeah, there are always a few items my chars tend to wear regardless of costume changes (usually jewellery, but occasionally items of clothing that are meaningful) that would either be unlikely to be removed when otherwise running around in the buff or you'd have to prise from their cold, dead hands (depends on the item.

Do we have a drop all?  I know most games I've played have one that just spams a list rather than dropping things individually.

Eg

drop all
You drop: a red shirt
                 a pair of black pants
                 a severed head of one of your enemies

In one tick as a single drop.

Etc...rather than what I think we have here which is
drop all

You drop a red shirt.
You drop a pair of black pants
You drop a severed head of one of your enemies

Usually with gaps in between...yes?
Previous of note: Kaevya the blind Tor Scorpion, Kaloraynai 'Raynai' the beetle Ruk, Korenyire of SLK, Koal 'Kick' the hooved Whiran, Kocadici/Dici/Glimmer, Koefaxine the giant Oashi 'Aide', Kosmia 'Grit' the rinthi
Current: Like I'd tell you.

So no one else assumes that what they're wearing under their clothes is nothing? That's just me? Hmm.

Commando FTW!

<as underwear> a lacy pair of knickers with garter sides attached to a thin dagger sheath
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

...but Steven has never owned underwear.
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

Quote from: Bushranger on January 23, 2016, 03:59:42 PM
<as underwear> a lacy pair of knickers with garter sides attached to a thin dagger sheath

+1

For really real?
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

I was thinking items like this

a pair of coarse sandcloth boxers
a pair of sleek black briefs
an amber-beaded white-laced bra and thong set
a plain beige bra and panty set

That way you have something to hold them up for the girls

I imagine it's like Dragon Age or some shit where, when wearing nothing, we default to some nondescript loincloth xD
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Zenith on January 23, 2016, 03:27:15 PM
So no one else assumes that what they're wearing under their clothes is nothing? That's just me? Hmm.

Commando FTW!

I've always RP'd most of my characters in this sort of setting as this unless stated otherwise.  Underwear is such a modern concept.

If we're not careful, the Kadians will come a-knocking trying to throw us their version of an Ann Summers/Victoria's Secret party and we'll be forced into underpants at poisoned knife point! The horror!
Previous of note: Kaevya the blind Tor Scorpion, Kaloraynai 'Raynai' the beetle Ruk, Korenyire of SLK, Koal 'Kick' the hooved Whiran, Kocadici/Dici/Glimmer, Koefaxine the giant Oashi 'Aide', Kosmia 'Grit' the rinthi

Erm, underwear is not a modern concept. Underwear that is remotely attractive and not just for the purposes of keeping your clothing relatively stank-free, or for more than keeping your boobs from bouncing unbearably, well yeah, that is a modern concept. Down with thongs, bras, and briefs... up with bloomers, loincloths, and bandeaus.

Ah, I'm going back to the middle ages, etc, far as I was aware they were fairly uncommon then for your average commoner.  Boobs are slightly different - breast bands (strip of cloth wrapped around the chest to secure the girls)/bodices/corsets are all rather vital in such a crisis.  Oh, and I'm not talking about smocks and chemises, they -are- underwear of course, but they are somewhat different as they allowed (bear with me here) people to squat without removing any pesky underthings when doing ones vital business (in a special receptacle, designated location or at the side of the road/field, etc).

Bloomers, for instance, are (according to Wikipedia because I'm too lazy to do a proper google search about knickers!) 1850's, which is waaaay later than the scale of things I tend to see things as (I could be wrong - everyone is allowed an opinion!).

Loincloths fall into the sort of smock/chemise territory sort of.  Loincloths/breechcloths are -mostly- for outerwear, not underwear.  There are a few cultures that used them as pants - Egyptians being the strong contender here...but they also wore kilts, so what did they know (...writing this specifically to drive my Scottish OH who's reading over my shoulder into a tirade on the joy of the kilt!).  Also got the Japanese Fundoshi (which looks an awful lot like a thong!), and I believe Native American adult women wore breechcloths under their skirts (I could be making that up).  Either way, if we were going for underwear, I think breechcloth compares better for it being an underroo, whereas a loincloth tends to be more common as the only garment.  Difference being that the former involves being tucked into a belt, and the latter gets wound around the waist, I think that is the defining factor between the two, otherwise they are highly similar!

Bandeau = what I know as a breast band, apparently.

We also have elves wearing thongs in game as a not-at-all-sexy piece of outerwear - not entirely sure humans should be wearing these as underwear unless you're playing at having odd racial fetishes towards those low down thieving sharps.

Boxers - could go with the Sikh Kacchera as an analogy.  They are underwear in a similar vein to boxers (which actually arrived in 1925 for actual Boxers), but without the elasticated waist and similar to shalwar in design.  Kacchera have been around since 1700, so they beat out bloomers by 150 years!

...okay, I'm done touting the wonders and history of underwear now :D

You've got to remember that Zalanthans are more sexually liberated as a people than most real life peoples so they might end up decorating their underwear or making it sexy.

Quote from: The Silence of the Erdlus on January 24, 2016, 11:24:25 AM
You've got to remember that Zalanthans are more sexually liberated as a people than most real life peoples so they might end up decorating their underwear or making it sexy.

+1
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Please also remember the cultural documentation on clothing - Where it's a good thing to show some skin in Tuluk, in Allanak the more skin you show, the poorer you look. That's why things like sexy patriot thongs could be sold in the North.

Sexy, lacy, patriot thongs.

Quote from: Akariel on January 24, 2016, 01:25:52 PM
Please also remember the cultural documentation on clothing - Where it's a good thing to show some skin in Tuluk, in Allanak the more skin you show, the poorer you look. That's why things like sexy patriot thongs could be sold in the North.

Yeah. SO stop complaining about my characters that cover EVERY SINGLE WEAR SLOT. They jjust don't
Wanna look like a scrub, yo. DOCS bitches.

;p

Nobody said you couldn't wear that sexy, lacy, patriotic thong under some super tight skirt and a torso-crushing corseted dress.

Quote from: Akariel on January 24, 2016, 01:25:52 PM

Time to master craft me some long johns!

February 07, 2016, 10:24:27 PM #24 Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 10:30:06 PM by IAmJacksOpinion
Quote from: CodeMaster on January 23, 2016, 04:02:14 PM
...but Steven has never owned underwear.
Ahaha. I'm pretty sure I spit a drink out at that point of the documentary. Best. Court. Argument. Ever.

>l me
This dwarf is HUMONGOUS! I mean, he's only 4'8", but somehow
that's humongous now! And so is Dany Devito! There's a 95% chance
you're taller than he is, but you still find him huge! Strength equals
height now, loser, so he's fucking huge! He's also go totally sweet
muscles two bro. And his pecs have pecs two!
The giant, huge, humongous, scary dwarf is in excellent condition.

<on head>                a cairn of human skulls, with a brim
<on face>                a fanged, human skull mask
<around neck>            a spiked BDSM collar of doom
<on torso>               a volcano. with arm holes poked in it.
<around right wrist>     a spiked heavy-metal arm cuff
<around left wrist>      a spiked heavy-metal arm cuff
<on legs>                a pair of greave-reinforced greaves
<on feet>                a pair of heavy, chitin-spiked boots

>eq
You are using:
<on head>                a cairn of human skulls, with a brim
<on face>                a fanged, human skull mask
<around neck>            a spiked BDSM collar of doom
<on torso>               a volcano. with arm holes poked in it.
<around right wrist>     a spiked heavy-metal arm cuff
<around left wrist>      a spiked heavy-metal arm cuff
<underwear>             a lacy pink bra, panty, and garter set
<on legs>                a pair of greave-reinforced greaves
<on feet>                a pair of heavy, chitin-spiked boots

You think:
  "They'll never know, Grom Helljak. They'll never know...."

You feel beautiful.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org