Southern RPT 1/19 to 1/22

Started by Zenith, January 12, 2016, 10:28:44 AM

Linked Events

I haven't had this much fun at a scheduled RPT since...

...well, I don't remember, but it was the last time I had this much fun at a scheduled RPT, which was a long while back.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Thanks to everyone who is showing up!! RPTs don't happen without fantastic participants!

There are three more planned events today, and much more fun to be had.

Thank you everyone who came to the Ocotillo Brag and made the event totally awesome! Congratulations to the winners.

We've got more things coming up today in Yaroch so come along if you want to get in on the fun.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Hi guys,

The Kuraci Drinking Contest is delayed until 11:30pm server.

Hopefully the lag will be solved by then, but if not, we will be valiantly pushing on.

IE, ETA is about 30 minutes.

Quote"A lover's spat." He said. "You know how it is. Boy meets girl, girl wants boy dead. An everyday story, really."

I couldn't even forage in that soup. I had to log off.

Might be worth just pushing things back a day or so instead of trying to role play through crippling lag.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

This is insane dedication to an Rpt. People like you are what
Make this game great. *tear*
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

I hope everyone had fun, in spite of the crippling lag. I think we made it work.
Quote"A lover's spat." He said. "You know how it is. Boy meets girl, girl wants boy dead. An everyday story, really."

Quote from: Teal on January 21, 2016, 02:45:43 AM
I hope everyone had fun, in spite of the crippling lag. I think we made it work.

You guys really did a great job in what had to be maddening conditions.  I had a blast.

Friendly Reminder: the Salarr Auction starts in a little over two hours, and will be followed by their fighting tournament and costume party!

The secret to any party-RPT is to get drunk while you play.

Really good stuff happening so far. Many thanks for the staff who have graciously loaded all the required accoutrements both for the general ambiance of the RPT at large, as well as what each clan has brought with them (wagons, pavilions, tents, stages, etc). A big thanks to the players who have showed up for it too! It helps to lend credibility that this is a large scale event and I was initially worried we'd only see a handful of players for it. So hats off to everyone basically.

I just wanted to throw out there that this is the second time this RPT has taken place and the idea from players initiating it was to create something of a regular event, something which was seen as distinctly Allanaki and occurred during some sort of cycle. Every IC year would be too much to handle, but every OOC year might not. I guess that's my way of saying I hope that players carry the torch and pass it on so this RPT becomes a regular affair. It's definitely good to mix things up from time to time with varied RPTs, but it'd also be nice for there to be some things which are seen as a staple of Allanaki culture.

Lastly, if your character is some sort of "undesirable" (such as an elf or a gemmer) they are allowed to show up for it. No one's going to throw their arms around you and declare you their bosom companion, but you're also not forbidden from showing up either. Think of it like the arena games. Everyone goes, even if you have to sit at a different bench from many of the others. So don't be shy, take advantage of an RPT that is open to the general public while there's still time :)

There are areas with brawl code, so yes feel free to show up elves. We will add a punch the elf event.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?

I'm glad to see this is on tonight too. Being in Europe I've not been able to attend any of the festivities so far, but fingers crossed I can stop by tonight!

Quote from: Bushranger on January 19, 2016, 07:40:03 PM
LATE BREAKING NEWS!

All times are server times.

January 19th, 9pm - March from Allanak to Yaroch!
January 19th, 10pm - The Ocotillo Hunt - foraging event with prizes

January 20th, 1pm - RP event (must end by 3:30pm due to RL commitments)
January 20th, 6pm - The Ocotillo Brag - storytelling event with prizes
January 20th, 9pm - The Ocotillo cooking event - with prizes TIME CHANGED
January 20th, 10:30pm - A Kurac Drinking Competition NEW TIME

January 21st, 1pm - drinking event (must end by 3:30pm due to RL commitments)
January 21st, 8pm - A noble auction by Salarr
January 21st, 9pm - An open auction by Salarr
January 21st, 10pm - A Salarr costume party!

January 22nd, 8pm - A Kadius fashion event
January 22nd, 9pm - A noble auction by Kadius
January 22nd, 9:30pm - An open auction by Kadius
January 22nd, 10:30pm - A Kadius Drinking Competition - With Prizes!
January 22nd, after last event concludes - end of the RPT
Might want to push back the 9:30 event to like 10:30.

If last night is any indication we are gonna get stuck with our thumbs in our butts while all the nobles make their way to the open auction.

(I understand that icly, they are a noble and do what they want, but oocly I was peeved and had to resist going OOC What the fuck are we waiting on!?)

Quote from: Asmoth on January 22, 2016, 09:27:41 AM
Quote from: Bushranger on January 19, 2016, 07:40:03 PM
January 22nd, 8pm - A Kadius fashion event
January 22nd, 9pm - A noble auction by Kadius
January 22nd, 9:30pm - An open auction by Kadius
January 22nd, 10:30pm - A Kadius Drinking Competition - With Prizes!
January 22nd, after last event concludes - end of the RPT
Might want to push back the 9:30 event to like 10:30.

If last night is any indication we are gonna get stuck with our thumbs in our butts while all the nobles make their way to the open auction.

I doubt they'll need to wait on the Nobles to shift over this time, as the nobles were coming to view the fighting and costumes which are absent this time. 
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Good stuff. :)  And tonight, the exciting conclusion...
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

Quote from: Suhuy on January 22, 2016, 03:33:05 AM
I just wanted to throw out there that this is the second time this RPT has taken place and the idea from players initiating it was to create something of a regular event, something which was seen as distinctly Allanaki and occurred during some sort of cycle. Every IC year would be too much to handle, but every OOC year might not. I guess that's my way of saying I hope that players carry the torch and pass it on so this RPT becomes a regular affair. It's definitely good to mix things up from time to time with varied RPTs, but it'd also be nice for there to be some things which are seen as a staple of Allanaki culture.

I hope so too!  Not only is it cool for long-lived PCs, other PCs can include it in their background memories for fleshing out.

For lack of any rumor boards, this may not be oocly apparent while icly it would be well known:

Security at Yaroch is tight, and crime is not tolerated, but very few people have been arrested or persecuted for the usual "suspicions" one might see daily in Allanaki life.  In short, what Suhuy mentioned about undesirables being able to attend the festival seems true.  IC actions have been taken to make things that way.  That doesn't mean some incident couldn't change that, but at the moment the festival is surprisingly welcoming and accessible.

Quote from: wizturbo on January 22, 2016, 12:08:21 PM
For lack of any rumor boards, this may not be oocly apparent while icly it would be well known:

Security at Yaroch is tight, and crime is not tolerated, but very few people have been arrested or persecuted for the usual "suspicions" one might see daily in Allanaki life.  In short, what Suhuy mentioned about undesirables being able to attend the festival seems true.  IC actions have been taken to make things that way.  That doesn't mean some incident couldn't change that, but at the moment the festival is surprisingly welcoming and accessible.

So, you're saying gith can come?  Is that what you're saying, Wizturbo?  ;D
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Gith are welcome....we'd have an impromptu make your own gith skull cup event!

Quote from: nauta on January 22, 2016, 12:12:20 PM
Quote from: wizturbo on January 22, 2016, 12:08:21 PM

So, you're saying gith can come?  Is that what you're saying, Wizturbo?  ;D

Well - I did say I was planning to come. I mean I'm allowed to bring friends, right?

Quote from: wizturbo on January 22, 2016, 12:15:02 PM
Gith are welcome....we'd have an impromptu make your own gith skull cup event!
Zalanthas version of build a bear

January 22, 2016, 02:46:05 PM #49 Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 02:48:54 PM by wizturbo
Setting aside 2 hours for an auction is probably a good idea in the future, unless there are relatively few items up for sale.  Some insane amounts of coin get tossed around at these things!