What Day of the Week is Best for an RPT?

Started by aeshyw, October 03, 2003, 03:25:25 PM

What Day of the Week is Best for an RPT?

Sunday
18 (31.6%)
Monday
3 (5.3%)
Tuesday
0 (0%)
Wednesday
1 (1.8%)
Thursday
0 (0%)
Friday
8 (14%)
Saturday
11 (19.3%)
Only on the Weekends
5 (8.8%)
Only on Weekdays
4 (7%)
Some combination of the above - Please Explain
7 (12.3%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: October 03, 2003, 03:25:25 PM

What day of the week works best for you to participate in an RPT?  Would it be better if long RPTs were split into several days? Consecutive?

Saturdays... Seems an RPT following a Saturday downtime is always good. Normally lasting a good five hours long at least as well.

The same RPT any other time may not be as great... But when you haven't played all day... Things look better. People tend to be alittle more attentive as they have had a break from things as well.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Fridays are great.  I don't have to work in the morning, so I can sleep in, which means Fridays are the only nights I can play for five or six hours uninterrupted.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

I've always had better luck running RPT's on sunday starting between 7 and 9pm cst, friday would be the second best day.
I'd say saturday too cept I normaly don't play on saturday at all.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

As long as it isn't expected to end after 11 at night EST, any evening is fine.

Monday evenings are by far the best time of the week for me to play.  The weekends tend to be packed with non-armageddon activities.  :)

I kinda prefer Wednesdays as long as it starts early (after suppertime, east coast USA). That's when hubby goes bowling so I can laugh out loud and swear at the computer without him giving me that "look."

Personally, I've organized a few RPTs for my current clan, having a leadership position within it.  In my experience, weekends are troublesome...evenings are okay, in general, as people are back from their non-Armageddon activities by then.  Otherwise, during the week, starting at about 8 Eastern works...most people on the continent are home by then.  There are always stragglers, of course, so few RPTs actually take place at the scheduled time...that just gives the rest time to show up.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I wouldn't worry too much about the ideal time.  There are bound to be two or three key people that -have- to be there, but it's easier to just co-ordinate with them OOCly than to try to guess when would be  a good time for them.  Other than that some people will show up whenever you have your event, especially if you give them at least a week of notice and don't hold it in an obscure location.  You may be surprised how many people come.

The goal is to have a good time (or a cataclysm, whatever) -not- to have the absolute maximum number of people.  Really.  On another mud I once held an event at 12 midnight PST, and still got around 10 people attending.  Few people from North America came, obviously, but people from other continents were giddy at having an event schedualed then.  Durring prime time we might have gotten twice as many PCs, but I don't think that would have made the event any more fun.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins