The shattering of a Bynner's dreams and then the quick end to his suffering

Started by seidhr, December 17, 2015, 05:44:49 PM

Yep it was right before the boxing match, I was running around trying to find stray Bynners, stopped in at home in what is now the Merchant's Apartments, and... never quite made it out.  Good times!
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Was this a number of years ago?
> who
Immortals
---------

There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world.

There are 0 players currently in the world, other than yourself.

"Only the Lonely" - Roy Orbison

I remember when some of my characters had interacted with Drogan back in the day. That player knew how to make a good character, and man do I miss RPing with him. A true legend in the Arm community.

Quote from: whitt on February 03, 2016, 10:19:29 AM
Yep it was right before the boxing match, I was running around trying to find stray Bynners, stopped in at home in what is now the Merchant's Apartments, and... never quite made it out.  Good times!

Yep. And that match never happened for SOME REASON. Or was this the first one?
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

"In a world without sid, we woulda been heroes!"

I remember that guy saying that, I loved that. I think it was after the mek hunt, was it? Was that you? It's been so long ago, or seems it.

EDIT: Oh wait, maybe he said it more than once. Whatever, it was highly appropriate and really made things real when I heard it.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Huh. Somebody likes their assassin's creed
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Patuk on February 03, 2016, 10:11:32 PM

I was playing Black Flag throughout that character. I only yelled that once - as I was at 10 HP and about to fall back down the murder-scorpion-hole.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: bcw81 on February 04, 2016, 01:10:15 AM

I was playing Black Flag throughout that character. I only yelled that once - as I was at 10 HP and about to fall back down the murder-scorpion-hole.

Oh, see, I saw another PC quote that one time a bit after your PC's untimely demise. I guess it lingered on, kind of like a wet fart. :P

Joking though, that was pretty epic, I hope they can show the log sometime soon, because what little I've heard IG made it sound CRAZY.

Yeah, I submitted the log this weekend but there are actually still living PC(s) in the log, so they can't post it yet... We'll just have to talk it up for those that weren't there, in the meantime. :p 

You guys remember when that black robe came in and gave everyone 10,000 sid and a high-end Borsail concubine? Then we all got to take turns riding the Roc to Steinal?

I'm sure Sefaj's last words got echoed around the Byn for a while afterwards. I never knew it was from Assassins Creed though.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Quote from: bcw81 on February 04, 2016, 01:10:15 AM

Sefaj was a well played leader. I was very disappointed to see him go. He had the seeds of greatness in him and really knew how to create fun for other players. Good job.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Sefaj was fucking great. What I like most was that he was a stone-cold badass... who also managed to make people laugh, and have fun, and never came off like those stoic bar-sitters who only ever stick around to brawl. It was a great balance of gritty/realistic and absurd/larger-than-life. Some of my most favorite memories was Byn-jogs where everyone was doin chants as they ran along. No politics, no death or ultra-violence, just jogging around the city, screaming and being obnoxious.

Sefaj, I feel, would have peetered out if he stayed around too long. I think he was a great character that really embodied the 'be a badass IC, but don't be a dick IC' mentality - but if he just hung around forever I think that would have been horribly diluted. I loved the way I went out in that scene, and admittedly, I stole the line from Assassins Creed, but goddamn did it not sound amazing at the time.

Don't worry folks, I've been lobbying to put the Jade Crosses RPT up as a three part submission for the last few months. It'll go up one of these days, edited so we don't have a thousand lines of screen scroll combat there.

"] yer a wizard, oashi"

I, personally, disliked Sefaj to such a degree that I even sent kudos. He was what people are saying he was, and it was a pretty damned impressive asshole, who made a compelling character and through out a quote of pure awesome in his last moments. I wish I'd been able to particpate, but I made sure I was absent because I wasn't sure I could keep an OOC thing from becomming an issue, I thought it was the responsible thing to do. During that time the Byn saw some explosive growth, and apparently a good deal of very gritty RP that suited the image of the shitcloak mercenaries very well. It was quite an outstanding contribution, in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZRZWnv2v78

Also, that.

>.> Sefaj was a pirate, deal with it.

"] yer a wizard, oashi"

Yarrrrr.

Har, har, a prates life is good!  Or whatever the saying is.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Man... Drogan and Rolan were my dudes in the Byn back then.  :(

Bron-Byn-Wynning for life.

Quote from: Eyeball on February 20, 2019, 07:06:51 PM
What happened to Rolan, does anyone know?

Rolan was so great.

He was suddenly absent for an extended period and after some time I sent him both a PM and an email.  He eventually touched on some health things and how they'd ended up being way more serious than expected because of underlying issues but he was expecting to be mostly in the clear and was excited to be able to get back to usual activities within a couple weeks. 
He never logged in his account again and I never got a response to the couple other emails I sent his way.  I think the health issues took another turn and he died or something.

Rolan? I think he got Hasan'd.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Rolan was always sweet on Armali, although I'm not sure she ever knew it. My hope then is that he created a new account and a new character, a breed in Luir's, and that she went off to be with him. I like that version better than the player dying.

Rolan and Bronwynn joked that they were twins, since they had two words of difference in sdesc. - the broad-shouldered man and the tall, broad-shouldered woman. Hah.

Rolan gave the very best Byn lessons.

And how ANYONE not know that Rolan was sweet on Armali?  Krath.  He was a big moon-eyed dope for months and months. And months.
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.