Food Aging -- Discussion Thread

Started by nessalin, December 14, 2015, 07:56:02 AM

Maybe the next step of this is cures?  Not to the short lifespan of food, but some sort of lifespan, so that physicians have return customers, and weaker-type poisons have some usefulness?
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Armaddict on December 24, 2015, 05:24:06 PM
Maybe the next step of this is cures?  Not to the short lifespan of food, but some sort of lifespan, so that physicians have return customers, and weaker-type poisons have some usefulness?

I hated this the first glance, was okay with it the second, and am in love with it on the third.

Yep, I love it too.  I'm down with pretty much everything ageing, with some things, like that steel dragon, just taking a very long time to spoil.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

I also would like to work on cures and plants. ;)

I'd prefer not to have to spend my limited play times reoutfitting my character.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on December 25, 2015, 02:57:06 PM
I'd prefer not to have to spend my limited play times reoutfitting my character.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of gear wearing down arbitrarily. Armor already wears nicely through use.

It'd be kiiiind of cool if weapons could grow worn or chipped, with some being capable of being resharpened. A resharpening skill would be a good thing to give to warriors (just like they should all get at least some armor repair).

Wellll, it won't spoil while you are logged out, but I get the worry.  I'm thinking like on the scale of years.

What -would- be kind of cool, thinking about it, would be for Salarr quality armor and (maybe) Kadian quality clothing to last longer.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Unlike with food, most players probably keep their cures on their character. That means you'd be creating a really perverse incentive for them to minimize play time--nothing going on? Well, I don't want my cures to spoil for no reason, so I better log out.

Man. Unlike with food, when you need a cure, you need it immediately.  There's no warning time, no growling in your belly with time to go find something. 

I think I'm against this.

Cures shouldn't age. It can be hard enough to get them on certain characters.

I do think equipment should be damaged/worn down more frequently than it is, but only through use. Goes back to the game's themes of resource scarcity, etc. When you can have a piece of equipment last through years of active use, it's damaging to MY IMMERSION and I think gameplay as well
It is said that things coming in through the gate can never be your own treasures. What is gained from external circumstances will perish in the end.
- the Mumonkan

Cures shouldn't be aging, but the herbs that make them should. Use them or lose them, finally have a reason for Bones to "have some fresh bimbal".

If cures are going to age/decay/etc, they should be transferred out of brew and made into the normalized crafting system. craft herb herb preservative into a tablet.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.