Release Notes

Started by nessalin, August 10, 2015, 07:43:46 AM

January 13, 2024 (Saturday)

Ursun
- Bugfixes to aging
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

January 27, 2024 (Saturday)

Ursun
- Staff building commands are now sent to a (staff) Discord channel for better oversight, auditing, and tracking.

February 3, 2024 (Saturday)

Ursun
- tweaks to staff building commands send to Discord
- added the Save flag for rooms, which will allow staff to designate -any- room as one that saves its contents regularly.  This will allow us to no longer be required to only use specific zones for this.

February 17, 2024 (Saturday)

We'll still be doing release notes, so people can see code progress that's being made.  The newsletter will give more details, as needed, and will focus on all aspects of the changes, not just code.

Halaster
- new skill 'camping'.  Will enable wilderness folks to create a campsite to create temporary quit-safe rooms, and a spot that gives increased regen rates.  More work to be done, but the basics are in.

Ursun
- updates, tweaks, and bugfixes to the Save flag

Zorkbob the Inhaler
- new feature, clan relationships. More info to come later
- can no longer pick a lock that is broken
- purged code of clan specific values that are gone forever (special ball of light for Conclave, etc)
- updates to lock/unlock
      - now respect all the Wall spells
      - require dropping lifted items to lock/unlock
- doors are now given default keyword of 'door' if staff forgot to add a keyword, and fixes all bad ones
- closing doors now triggers guard code, the same way as opening doors
- removed all zone privs for staff - meaning all staff now have access to all zones

February 24, 2024 (Saturday)

Halaster
- city elves now treat road the same as they do city for movement purposes, which means 0 base move (instead of base 2 for road) and -1 bonus when running (minimum of 1).  So a city elf running on a road with medium encumbrance would lose 3 per room (was 6).  A city elf walking on a road with light encumbrance would lose 1 per room (was 2).
- framework for 'new magick project'

Zorkbob the Inhaler
- work on 'new magick project'
- added the ability to draw mana from other sources when casting, in certain situations
- purged some old, unused code

February 25, 2024 (Sunday)

Halaster
- improved ability for staff to understand what npc's spawn where

Zorkbob the Inhaler
- player corposes and 'unique' npc corpses will now take 3 RL days to decay

March 11, 2024, 10:29:48 AM #381 Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 06:15:49 PM by Halaster
March 11, 2024 (Monday)

Halaster
- tweaks to camping, but mostly on hold while waiting on player feedback
- subguild elementalists now have the same max skill penalty as sorcerers.  Which is a 30% reduction in max combat/weapon skills, and a %15 reduction in max stealth skills.  This does not affect starting skills or gain rates, just max. It affects all skills regardless of whether they're guild, subguild, or racial.  It also affects the 'touched' magickal subguilds.  None of this applies to full guild elems.

Ursun
- updates to javascript engine to work better with the pilot skill

Zorkbob the Inhaler
- changed message for Immortal rooms when trying to cast, to make it clear that it's an OOC reason, to "This room is flagged for Game Staff use which blocks magick use."

March 13, 2024, 06:49:59 PM #382 Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 07:29:42 PM by Halaster
March 13, 2024 (Wednesday)

Halaster
- based on feedback, removed Touched subguilds from the elementalist subguild changes above, so their skills will not be affected
- updated database and code with karma values for guilds, subguilds, and races to provide a single source for in-game and web-based character applications (first step in moving to 10 point system)

Zorkbob the Inhaler
- characters can now create a shared banked account with others, without the need for a clan.  It's not using your personal account, it's creating a new account that's shared with others

March 23, 2024 (Saturday)

Halaster
- added basic functionality for a new style of magick  (work on new magick project for Seasons)

Ursun
- Code for a mundane plotline.  (work on a new mundane system for Seasons)
- Small command-priority fixes.
- Tweaks to Discord logging.
- Additional debug logging.
- Other bug fixes
- Bugfix for object creation.

Zorkbob the Inhaler
- added 2 new spells for a new style of magick  (work on new magick project for Seasons)

April 3, 2004 (Wednesday)

Halaster
- fixed a crashbug on a staff command
- more work on secret magick project
- changed "Poison Recovery" to be "Poison Symptoms" as that is a more accurate description.  It shows up in stat when someone is suffering a side affect / symptom of being poisoned.
- removed "Poison" from the stat command if someone has an Onset.  It will only show up when the poison becomes active.  However, Detect Poison will still show if someone has an Onset waiting.
- onset times of ALL poisons cut in half (they take affect more quickly)

April 12, 2024 (Friday)

Halaster
- fixed a staff command crashbug.  Nothing like a new batch of ST's to find crashbugs for us
- implemented the new 10-point karma system, converted accounts.  See https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,52604.msg1099451.html#msg1099451

Ursun
- fixed an issue with npc duplication
- misc bugfixes
- more code updates for a mundane plotline

Zorkbob the Inhaler
- tweaks and fixes to the banking system

April 20, 2024 (Saturday)

Halaster
- Carved out exception for climb in the sorc/subguild elem skill nerf (climb isn't nerfed like sneak/hide)
- Created alerts for staff when someone with 0 karma logs in to help identify new players

Ursun
- misc bugfixes

Zorkbob the Inhaler
- bugfixes and improvements to behind-the-scenes clan system