Shadow Artist Race

Started by gotdamnmiracle, June 03, 2015, 10:46:51 PM

Would having that you were a shadow artist before the closing of Tuluk be appropriate for a race other than human? I know that some organizations are only open to humans and the odd half-giant, others to  singular race, but my lack of knowledge of this particular group mixed with no documentation on if there are racial requirements in it leads me to believe it is open to whomever would hire them out. I'm just double checking on this.
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

That wouldn't really be a race it would be an occupation.
I'd just send in the question or spec app it and ask for super cool stealth skills.

Though if you were a shadow artist I don't think you could leave, atleast willingly? Idfk.

Quote from: Jihelu on June 03, 2015, 11:03:22 PM
I'd just send in the question or spec app it and ask for super cool stealth skills.

Though if you were a shadow artist I don't think you could leave, atleast willingly? Idfk.

You misunderstood the question.

I'm pretty sure there were Elven shadow artists, so I just sort of assume dwarves and breeds can be too. Someone much more knowledgeable than me should be able to answer.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 03, 2015, 11:30:23 PM
Quote from: Jihelu on June 03, 2015, 11:03:22 PM

You misunderstood the question.

I'm pretty sure there were Elven shadow artists, so I just sort of assume dwarves and breeds can be too. Someone much more knowledgeable than me should be able to answer.
I did.

But yeah.

The docs' silence on this matter can be taken as approval, I think.

Also, I have played an inked dwarven thief. This was before the "new" system was implemented but I think we would have heard if they added race restrictions.

I have seen shadow artists of every race except HG.

There was never a limit on race as to shadow artists. Basically the only requirement was you had to be a citizen.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

I see. Thanks for your prompt responses guys. I just didn't want to start the game and then get refuted by Joe Blow over some technicality. I appreciate it.

Any race could be a shadow artist, yep.

Half-giants would be the best; they make the biggest shadows.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

The low-slung banded tarantula shadow artist cautiously surveys the alleyways. Each one of it's eyes nervously flick back and forth, scouring the filthy area for the Oashi crest of a certain Gith highborn.

Thanks Nyr.

Can I be a kank shadow artist.

Quote from: Jihelu on June 06, 2015, 10:59:28 PM
Can I be a kank shadow artist.
No. And you know why.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

The SHART-ist?

make an oversized half-giant that has IBS or Dysentery