House Valika- that flying creature

Started by Bast, May 31, 2015, 10:55:34 AM

Quote from: Marauder Moe on June 01, 2015, 01:18:24 PM
Quote from: Talia on June 01, 2015, 01:11:51 PMUnless Bast wants to make it a FLYING SPIDER, which I would totally get behind. It sounds kind of awkward and I would probably also then be tempted to put them in game...

Nope... it's fine.  That won't be necessary.  Right, Bast?  RIGHT?!
I think what you meant to say is the South needs a mirror image for the golden kryl fliers in the form of spiders.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Tor should switch to pink, the color of the flayed man . Or merge with Borsail in to House Torsail.

Re: Valika, it's not really fantastical when you know there's one less than a day's ride away. There are also silt flyers which are somewhat pterodactyl-like.  

Tuluk already had flying spiders

All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: Talia on June 01, 2015, 01:11:51 PM

Unless Bast wants to make it a FLYING SPIDER, which I would totally get behind.....

This would be a good time to post this picture for the second time.

Who doesn't want to see one of these cuddly creatures on their next desert excursion?!

June 01, 2015, 03:44:53 PM #29 Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 03:47:52 PM by Gaare
Beatiful work. All look great! Maybe Wagon in Rennik's banner.. It does not look Zalanthian, but in any case they look great.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

June 01, 2015, 03:56:13 PM #30 Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 04:25:16 PM by Bast
Quote from: Gaare on June 01, 2015, 03:44:53 PM
Beatiful work. All look great! Maybe Wagon in Rennik's banner.. It does not look Zalanthian, but in any case they look great.

Best example I could find that was going to take 40+ hours to redefine as a custom shape. Also with logos less detail is better..what important is you can look at it and go..yes that's wagon. The entire point of the art project for me was so I could quickly pull parts of these up to add details to pc portraits. I drew most of theses by hand, scanned them,  and then turned them into custom shapes  on Adobe Photoshop. Which will let me add them as tiny details or armor of clothing later.
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

I love the great outdoors both IRL and IG.  If flying spiders every start showing up in either, I will be hiding behind locked doors.
Seriously, it is a concept that has never crossed my mind, and that image is likely going to give me nightmares.

Screw you, Wizturbo... screw... you.   :'(

Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I'm not scared of spiders and that freaked ME out...
Smooth Sands,
Maristen Kadius, Solace the Bard, Paxter (Jump), Numii Arabet, and the rest.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on June 01, 2015, 01:18:24 PM
Quote from: Talia on June 01, 2015, 01:11:51 PMUnless Bast wants to make it a FLYING SPIDER, which I would totally get behind. It sounds kind of awkward and I would probably also then be tempted to put them in game...

Nope... it's fine.  That won't be necessary.  Right, Bast?  RIGHT?!

PFFTT...! What?! No..I totally wasn't going to do anything >.>
em hides her computer screen as she tries to close out Adobe...

The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

June 02, 2015, 04:00:26 AM #35 Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 04:12:45 AM by Bast
its a cute spider though! Has pixie wings!

Pretty sure a sand bat is appropriate for the cactus thing but hawks seem more 'noble' to me.

shrug.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

I want a flying spider mount.
I want more flying mounts in general, pls.

Also, hey, wtf, why can't beetles fly? Most beetles -have- wings to fly with.

Pro tip:
Some spiders DO fly.
It's a process called ballooning where they throw their web up into the air and soar off on the winds.

...Also, on that note, we need some flying contraptions IC.

Quote from: AdamBlue on July 06, 2015, 08:43:47 PM

I believe they are called argosies  ;)

Quote from: Mordiggian on July 06, 2015, 10:00:02 PM

*rimshot!*
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

Quote from: Mordiggian on July 06, 2015, 10:00:02 PM
Quote from: AdamBlue on July 06, 2015, 08:43:47 PM

ar·go·sy
ˈärɡəsē/
nounliterary
noun: argosy; plural noun: argosies

a large merchant ship, originally one from Ragusa (now Dubrovnik) or Venice.

A.K.A: A large vessel full of lots of italian sausage.
A.K.A: UR MOM