Unmanifested Witches?

Started by Cind, May 30, 2015, 04:53:12 PM

June 03, 2015, 07:56:51 PM #25 Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 02:59:48 PM by Delirium
Quote from: Bast on June 03, 2015, 07:50:06 PM
The two times I tried to play an unmanifested mage I was outed inside of 4 days by other mages :/ horrible luck on my end.

It's extremely difficult to go undetected very long in Allanak, without knowing all the meta tricks of how people use to identify you (even beyond looking for say, a red-haired man with a suspicious inability to parry), without being equally aware of all those tricks and getting lucky on the side. And being aware of the need to avoid certain situations, even though your character ICly, (as ignorant and unmanifested) shouldn't need to avoid them.

At least, if it's your intent to go unmanifested beyond a RL week or so. Tuluk had its own very special reason why it wasn't plausible.

Quote from: The Silence of the Erdlus on June 03, 2015, 07:53:30 PM
Oh my god I remember when that happened to me. When I mentioned that <SOMETHING> was used to find me out in a character report, staff nerfed <SOMETHING>.

Ah, that's one trick nerfed then.

Edited because of quoting IC stuff - Delirium

I will say that I've managed quite well outside of the one time to play unmanifested in Allanak, but you just cannot get away from witches giving you hints and talking to you in ways they would be wise not to do.

My most successful unmanifested mages started off in Tuluk...

And stayed for many in-game years.  ;)
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I've moderated some posts out of this thread.  They were exactly the kind 'going into magick details' thing that was warned about at the beginning of this thread.  You may think you're being vague enough, but please just don't.  Thanks!
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: Cind on May 30, 2015, 04:53:12 PM

I once played an unmanifested vivaduan in the Byn who manifested on a contract. That was pretty fun.

Pardon me, but isn't this the awesomest way for an ungemmed to manifest?  When I hire the Byn for a contract, I'm a bit disappointed if something freaky and unscripted doesn't happen.