3rd Attack

Started by Artemis, September 25, 2003, 05:24:06 PM

A small idea, kick renamed or another skill added to allow for a periodic 3rd attack. The better your percent, the better your chances of the extra attack.

Another small issue I've found, how is it that you can still attack while sitting? (at least the last time)

Not entirely sure what your looking for here. A third attack as in like punch? Or a third attack as in like three attacks per round? Go fight a 40 day warrior with a noob warrior. Trust me the 40 day will have more than 3 attacks per round on your sorry ass  :P
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Does anyone else think kick is useless? Any other uses for it other than another attack?

Quote from: "Artemis"Does anyone else think kick is useless? Any other uses for it other than another attack?

Kick isn't useless, IMHO.  With all the combat skills a warrior has at their disposal, and factoring in that a well-placed kick can do some decent HP and stun damage, I don't really think it warrants any attention.

Kick isn't useless... it is used to add coded support to characters RPing throwing kicks around in combat, or kicking someone who is already down.

What else do you expect it to do?
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

I loved kicks.. I had a character with this swirling, frantic fightingstyle.. using two swords and kicking a lot.

It made nice emotes..

<emote about kicking>

kick

:P

Fun is what we are here for..

I hate to sound like a broken record, but the skill 'kick' does not always mean your flying cartwheel attack of kung-fu style doom. It can be a kick to the shin or groin, you could step on a toe, bash them with your shield, smack them with the flat side of your blade, headbutt them, elbow them, punch them with your free hand, you could thrust at them with the crown of your mace, backhand them, jab at them with the blunt end of your spear, anything. In fact, I highly encourage people to think beyond 'just kick'. Hacking at your foe with the rim of your shield seems more realistic to me than a flying roundhouse followed by a triple backflip.

The newbie warrior throws a circle kick at your head, but misses.

The buff bastard slashes the newbie warrior's leg, doing horrendous damage.

The buff bastard says in sirihish, backing away and lowering his weapons:
"Alright, can I pass now?"

The newbie warrior says in sirihish, pulling away his bloodied stump of a leg:
"It's merely a flesh wound! Have at you!"
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

That wouldn't make to much sense.

The disfigured baby swings the haft of his spear at the fuzzy squirrel.
--the disfigured baby knocks a fuzzy squirrel sensless with a brutal circle kick.

See what I'm saying? I think using the haft of your spear, your shield, crap like that is something more for disarm or just to be thrown in as an emote. Using those emotes to go along with kick doesn't make much sense to me. But then again, my mom toured with the grateful dead while I was in the womb...
ere it comes..

FDMW is speaking of seeing beyond the coded message and expanding the realm of possibilities. Since there is no code for slapping someone with a shield, using the kick code to check for it and then emoting that there was no kick, but rather a slap with the shield may be valid, and one can certianly see his point. I am inclined to agree with his train of thought.

However, I, like you, Faglore, have a problem doing that. I may not kick you in the head with my kick that says I do, but I sure the fuck did kick you.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

QuoteA small idea, kick renamed or another skill added to allow for a periodic 3rd attack. The better your percent, the better your chances of the extra attack.
I don't see the difference from typing in KICK and there being a
new skill that does this what exaclty?

QuoteNot entirely sure what your looking for here. A third attack as in like punch? Or a third attack as in like three attacks per round? Go fight a 40 day warrior with a noob warrior. Trust me the 40 day will have more than 3 attacks per round on your sorry ass

If your better you get more attacks, so explain to me the difference.
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeys
Don't enter the Labyrinth.
They don't call it the Screaming Mantis Tavern to be cute. It's called foreshadowing. First there's screaming, then mantis head.

And Im not sure about the IC ness of this but think about your ability to fight after taking a serious boot to the gut? As far as I can think it would Realistically make you suck more at doing anything till you catch your breath. I believe that this happens in game to but the best way is find out. Go to the byn and hire them to kick you.

*Disclaimer, Please do not blame me for any poor advise in dealing with paying to get kicked*    [/size]
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.