Wear Location "About one's throat"

Started by AceThroughJoker, May 17, 2015, 02:49:20 PM

Sorry for the question, but does this wear location exist. I've tried a few different items now and they all are labeled as being able to go there and yet all don't recognize that as a location.

Thank you in advance!

Items that are worn 'about one's throat' can be worn using the command: wear item about throat
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Its 'over shoulder' for the shoulder too, took me a while to get that one.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: Cind on May 17, 2015, 05:10:33 PM
There are two shoulder wearlocs, shoulder and over shoulder.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Yep, and over shoulder stuff covers stuff worn on the shoulder.

In addition, certain items, when you use the syntax "wear <item> about" with no argument, will be worn on either the body or the torso - can't remember which.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Yep, some items can be worn on the body like a breastplate, but also about the body like a cloak. Some jackets, bandoliers, etc. Assess stuff or view it before you buy it. Tells you all the wearlocs.

Quote from: bcw81 on May 17, 2015, 05:22:03 PM
Quote from: Cind on May 17, 2015, 05:10:33 PM
There are two shoulder wearlocs, shoulder and over shoulder.

Actually, it's really four:

right shoulder
left shoulder
over right shoulder
over left shoulder
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Also adding an emote to wearing something about the throat works a little differently than normal.

You have to do: "wear scarf (sweeping it around ^me shoulders) about throat"

Quote from: Rhyden on May 17, 2015, 09:40:11 PM
Also adding an emote to wearing something about the throat works a little differently than normal.

You have to do: "wear scarf (sweeping it around ^me shoulders) about throat"

Oh wow. I just assumed you couldn't command emote some wearlocs.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

There are a couple command emotes that are a little buggy like that.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Any wear loc that is more than one word (on belt, about throat, over shoulder) works like that.

Any wear location that requires you to specify the location you want to wear it works like that.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

What I hate are gloves that default to worn on belt, and you're trying to hide your tats. :P

Sunslits that default to going on one's head (instead of the face) rustle my jimmies.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on May 21, 2015, 06:51:57 PM
Sunslits that default to going on one's head (instead of the face) rustle my jimmies.

And helmets that default to a belt before the head.

So, I strapped my helmet and gloves to my belt, and wore my sunslits on my head, to venture into the streets of Allanak, proudly displaying my caste tattoos, before riding out to do honorable battle with a vicious tarantula, because I eat rocks and shit copper.

Yeah, nothing beats get <item> pack; wear . if you know the item is going end up in the right location.  This actually dictates my gear choices in some circumstances.
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

You guys should take some idle time to write in your dress up / down macros and triggers.

That noble has been taking off burdening silk clothes for years. The only reason she's having a struggle right now is because she wants you to help her take it off.
Be gentle. I had a Nyr brush with death that I'm still getting over.