Arrrrrrr!

Started by Marauder Moe, September 23, 2003, 01:28:32 PM

Looking back on the national Speak Like a Pirate Day, are Zalanthian silt skimmers (and their captains) at all analogous to legendary Earth pirates?  Would the phrase "he had a mouth like a skimmer crewman" refer to someone with a vulgar streak?  Do skimmer captains often lose limbs and eyes?  Do they walk around and say "Arrrrrr!"?

On a side note, what exactly do skimmers DO out on the sea of silt?  Are there fish? (These questions are probably too IC sensitive, though)

You can found most of that out ICly, but I will say this... From all my experience with silt skimmer 'types' (which is limited, but not non-existant) none said 'Ar', 'matey', nor 'shiver me timbers!'. However, peg legs and eyepatches do exist in this game, and sometimes they are attached to skimmer types. As for them having a crude mouth, well, I imagine some would, but how often you make a reference to that fact probably depends on where you come from. If you're in a place simply crawling with silt-folk, then of course you're going to make some references to them. However, in Allanak, I always thought the Byn was well known for their mouths, and I'm sure tribal and Northern areas have their own euphimisms for users of vile language.

Hope that helps, and at the same time, doesn't spoil anything.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Quote from: "Marauder Moe"Do skimmer captains often lose limbs and eyes?

It seems likely that anyone who makes their living in an area where silt-horrors lurk has heightened chances of losing a limb or an eye...
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

Quote from: "Marauder Moe"Looking back on the national Speak Like a Pirate Day, are Zalanthian silt skimmers (and their captains) at all analogous to legendary Earth pirates?  Would the phrase "he had a mouth like a skimmer crewman" refer to someone with a vulgar streak?  Do skimmer captains often lose limbs and eyes?  Do they walk around and say "Arrrrrr!"?
I would think that someone saying, "They talked like a Stormer," would be analagous to what you're thinking.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "JollyGreenGiant"

It seems likely that anyone who makes their living in an area where silt-horrors lurk has heightened chances of losing a limb or an eye...

... or a Body

Considering the general...choice of employment, so to speak, on Zalanthas, missing limbs and other body parts such as eyes, ears, and noses wouldn't seem to be unique to 'Silt Sailors'.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Quote from: "Xygax"
Quote from: "JollyGreenGiant"

... or a Body

Or a head! :P

I dont understand how they are sailors though? what do they do have boats on a planet with no sand?????