Things I failed to learn

Started by lostinspace, March 26, 2015, 07:33:16 PM

So, I've been around a while now, had a couple long lived pcs, nothing fantastic, but in the course of getting to where I am, I think I missed a couple things that others just seem to know.
1. Is there a command to unhitch everyone following you? I feel like I see this happen but I guess it could just be someone typing very fast with great memory.
2. I'll look at people sometimes and see what appears to be temporary changes to their description, things like, 'The top button of the blouse has been left undone' or 'Bandages wrap the arms of this person.' Is there some sort of request I need to fill out to get this, or is it just a command I never learned?

I figure if anyone else has any questions that they skirted so far in their Armageddon career, this could be a place to ask them.
3/21/16 Never Forget

1: No, just UNHITCH <Name> for everyone.
2: HELP TDESC. You would type TDESC, hit enter, and it'll bring up the text editor. There you can type in 2-3 lines to append to your main description.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Ah nice, TDesc is it. Here's another one. If you have tattoos or something in your description is there a method to go about getting actual matching tattoos in those locations?
3/21/16 Never Forget

Quote from: lostinspace on March 26, 2015, 07:33:16 PM
1. Is there a command to unhitch everyone following you? I feel like I see this happen but I guess it could just be someone typing very fast with great memory.

You could emulate this using the '.' wildcard.  If there are five people in the room with you, then:

unhitch .
unhitch 2..
unhitch 3..
unhitch 6..

will drop anyone who's following you.
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

Quote from: lostinspace on March 26, 2015, 07:57:08 PM
Ah nice, TDesc is it. Here's another one. If you have tattoos or something in your description is there a method to go about getting actual matching tattoos in those locations?

You'd have to find a matching one in-game.  There are some custom tattooists in some locations that have a large variety that might match what you're looking for, otherwise I think you're out of luck.
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

Quote from: CodeMaster on March 26, 2015, 08:11:33 PM
Quote from: lostinspace on March 26, 2015, 07:57:08 PM

You'd have to find a matching one in-game.  There are some custom tattooists in some locations that have a large variety that might match what you're looking for, otherwise I think you're out of luck.
You can do it the other way around though and have coded tattoos transported to your mdesc by sending in a request to staff, therefore freeing up that spot for more coded tattoos.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

secret to unhitch all?

flee self
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.