Allanak Templars and family

Started by Nithus, March 07, 2015, 06:45:32 PM

Do Templars in Allanak have children or does Tektolnes require them to take vow of chastity? If they have children, are their children considered commoners or are they destined to become templar as well?

At least one Allanaki templar has had a child.

One does not get born into the templarate in either city-state--one is recruited, generally at an early age.  In the vast majority of cases in Allanak, templars retain the name of the noble house they were selected from, but they do not have any special relationship or ties to their house of origin as they now work as extensions of the Highlord's will.

Allanaki noble bastards often are given duties within their House and often are given some amount of greater status over that of a commoner.

Templar bastard children have no House and should expect nothing in terms of special treatment, status, or even recognition from their father's (or much less likely, mother's) dalliances.  And they'd probably be wise to keep any knowledge of their origins to themselves, because they'd likely face some bad circumstances in the future if anyone knew from whence they came.

But...that story kind of outlines that, anyway.  So take a gander!
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

That's such a good log.

<3 Samos & Jakub (and Samira Fale!!!)
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Is it supposed to say "Original Smussions" at the top?
"The church bell tollin', the hearse come driving slow
I hope my baby, don't leave me no more
Oh tell me baby, when are you coming back home?"

--Howlin' Wolf