Cliffs, Sinkholes etc.

Started by Darmon, March 07, 2015, 03:29:50 PM

Is it possible to make drops like these "no follow" zones like certain gates where tolls are necessary?

QuoteYou watch as the person in front of disappears from view and decide to rethink your steps.
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Quote from: whitt on March 19, 2015, 01:59:20 PM
Is it possible to make drops like these "no follow" zones like certain gates where tolls are necessary?

QuoteYou watch as the person in front of disappears from view and decide to rethink your steps.

Winner winner, chicken dinner.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on March 19, 2015, 02:06:12 PM

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

But only if it is a clear weather day. I can imagine following behind someone in a heavy sandstorm is pretty much just staying as close to them as you can with extremely limited visibility.

I like the idea if there is no storm.

If there is a storm, "I can't see Leader Amos five feet in front of me anymore, but, I was already barely able to see him to begin with....oh crap I'm falling!".
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

You would hear him scream.

Also, I imagine a good ranger would actually tie everyone together with a rope to get through a blinding sandstorm.

The tall, muscular Sergeant was in front of you just a moment ago, but now he isn't.

Quote from: MeTekillot on March 19, 2015, 07:30:57 PM
The tall, muscular Sergeant was in front of you just a moment ago, but now he isn't.

>Scan
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Quote from: Kol on March 19, 2015, 10:00:16 PM
Quote from: MeTekillot on March 19, 2015, 07:30:57 PM

>Scan

You look around the room intently.
You notice you are standing in the air above a hazardous cliff.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on March 19, 2015, 05:20:47 PM
You would hear him scream.

Also, I imagine a good ranger would actually tie everyone together with a rope to get through a blinding sandstorm.
A rope with hooks item that hitches you to whoever you follow if they're wearing one.

The tall, muscular Sergeant tries to walk north, but falls.
You feel a sharp tug on your rope from the north, then a crisp *snap* relieves you of the tension.

I don't know if this is feasible.  However, I got tons of ideas for labyrinthine traps for large groups for future RPTs from this, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Leave it to staff t come into a thread about preventing terrible death-falls and say "Hey, guys, thanks for giving me ideas for more death-falls and other shit!"

Well done guys, well done!

How about a wisdom or dexterity check for everyone following?
Smooth Sands,
Maristen Kadius, Solace the Bard, Paxter (Jump), Numii Arabet, and the rest.

Quote from: WithSprinkles on March 20, 2015, 04:22:57 PM
How about a wisdom or dexterity check for everyone following?

The problem is mostly 'Byn specific. The 'Byn incurs an automatic wisdom decrease, regardless of starting stats. Further penalties are applied depending on your rank.

I don't think it'd help.   ;D

Perhaps as mentioned in another thread, or here....memory's bad and I'm pretty sure I'm still drunk from last night, a nosave climb toggle option could be added?
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."