Allanak socio-political RPT coming up

Started by Talia, March 07, 2015, 01:27:59 PM

What is the better date and time for the RPT for you?

Thurs 3/19, 9 pm server
11 (29.7%)
Sun 3/22, 5 pm server
26 (70.3%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Linked Events

March 07, 2015, 01:27:59 PM Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 08:58:56 AM by Nyr
This is partly announcement, partly poll. The RPT will be open to anyone with reasonable IC interest in socio-political matters in Allanak, e.g. nobles, templars, aides, soldiers, agents, merchants. I want to find out which is the better event timing for the majority of people in those categories in Allanak. Voting in the poll is helpful, but even more helpful is if you are playing a Very Important Person in these happenings (and you all know who you are), please post in the thread to say which time you'd prefer if you feel comfortable doing so. (If you don't feel comfortable posting, you can give your input in one of your reports.)

Thanks, folks!
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

what about breeds with really high sneak/hide?

Also I'll vote when I can check my schedule.

I voted Sunday because I'm an atheist and if I can get people to go to a socio-political-perhaps-leading-into-a-murderous-bloodbath-a-la-Caesar instead of Church, I'm all for it.

"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

March 07, 2015, 02:08:12 PM #4 Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 02:19:28 PM by Talia
Quote from: Jihelu on March 07, 2015, 01:39:28 PM
Would wanna be aides be acceptable?

If the PC officially belongs to one of the following: Arm of the Dragon, Borsail, Oash, Tor, Fale, the Atrium, Kadius, Kurac, Salarr; and they aren't a hunter or dirty grebber or magicker or other undesirable type, then they can probably attend. If the PC can get a PC from one of the mentioned organizations to vouch for their attendance, then they can probably attend. This is not a guarantee; bouncers will be present.
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

Whoops, kind of voted for sunday and I'm not going to be able to come. Sorry!
Eat your fries with mayonnaise next time

I could make either, but if it's going to be the Sunday I need to know ASAP.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Either works for me.  (It's Sat now..)
There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. Can you feel it?  Can you?
- Rumi

I reeeeally hope it'll either take place this week, or in 3 weeks. I'm going on vacation this Friday :/

Edit: didn't saw the poll on my stupid phone. Whelp, since I'll be in Europe I voted for 5 pm.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

My vote was for Thursday because the only two static shifts I have at my job are Saturday and Sunday evenings/nights. I know those are the most popular RPT times for folks in this game, though, so I generally resign myself to being sad and absent for them.

It's looking like we will do this on Sunday the 22nd. I might be able to shift it an hour earlier, to like 4 pm, to accommodate those playing from Europe a little better. But most of the VIPs haven't posted here about their availability, nor have they told us in a request about availability, so...VIPs...lemme know if you super-care about doing it Thursday instead!

I can make the Sunday but not the Thursday, more than likely.

Voted Thursday, as it's simply easier for me. I can definitely make Sunday with a little shuffling though, so whichever is best for everyone else involved!

Meh...I'll try and make the Sunday one. Seems to be preferred.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

To be clear, this is being planned for Sunday 3/22 since none of the VIPs have clearly indicated they can't be there at that time. VIPs, if you have things you are doing to get ready for this shindig (and you all do!)...well, you know what you gotta do and what your timeframe is for serious, now.

Yes VIPs, please report when you will be at the socio-economic summit so the terrorists know when to plant the bombs...Err. Flower baskets.
"The church bell tollin', the hearse come driving slow
I hope my baby, don't leave me no more
Oh tell me baby, when are you coming back home?"

--Howlin' Wolf

Sunday would be my choice.
Be gentle. I had a Nyr brush with death that I'm still getting over.

The event will be held on Sunday 5/22. Info is posted to the Allanak rumor board.

sick. cool. neat. awesome. great. spectacular. sensational. good. positive. radical.

March 20, 2015, 02:07:30 AM #22 Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 02:30:04 AM by wizturbo
Quote from: Talia on March 20, 2015, 01:34:26 AM
The event will be held on Sunday 5/22. Info is posted to the Allanak rumor board.

March 22 right?

Quote from: wizturbo on March 20, 2015, 02:07:30 AM
Quote from: Talia on March 20, 2015, 01:34:26 AM

March 22 right?

Ugh Talia is such a n00b. Yes, 3/22.

Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Will the evil frieza be defeated, find out on "frieza defeated"