Why Do You Vote Every Day?

Started by Cavaticus, February 05, 2015, 10:34:41 AM

Get 1000 coins free* by clicking on the two buttons below!

*Offer not valid anywhere in the Known world. Terms and conditions apply. If you wish up for your 1000 coins Muk Utep will kill you.

Quote from: Nergal on October 15, 2015, 06:23:40 AM
Get 1000 coins free* by clicking on the two buttons below!

*Offer not valid anywhere in the Known world. Terms and conditions apply. If you wish up for your 1000 coins Muk Utep will kill you.
I already killed Muk so you should be fine.

Also I remembered to vote today.

The math:  you can vote twice per day on TMS.  If the 15 players/staff that are online on the GDB right now had voted twice per day since October 1, we would be in sixth place on TMS with 435 votes.

You can also vote once per day on TMC.  If the same players had voted once per day since September 1 (TMC cycles every two months), we'd be in first place on TMC with 660 votes.

We have the numbers to competitively vote on TMS, and due to the stricter account requirements on TMC, we can maintain first place there indefinitely.  If you want to make it easier with some setup in Firefox (if you use Firefox), CodeMaster has made it possible.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Well, I voted from three different locations so far today and it's just early morning still.

If Yan can cook, so can you
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I've begun voting again on TMS anyway. TMC does not work well on my phone.

Because you can't stop me Inspector Gadget!!!
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

The fact that we're so quickly closing the gap on the MUD lists in the past few days is due to regular voting. Imagine what would happen if we started this on November 1.

I'll remind y'all (because yes, I'm a snob) that I vote twice a day, every day, on TMS and have for years. Why? Because I actually participate in and read their forum and clicking the vote button is how I access it. One less bookmark to deal with.

Someone else mentioned in the other vote thread (or maybe upthread here) that we'd likely attract more people if we actually participated in their forums - posted announcements of upcoming RPTs or game changes or whatnot.

The trick to that, to actually attracting more players rather than pushing them away aggressively, is to not be too cheesy and sycophantic about the announcements and respect the forum etiquette there. Basically: update no more often than once a week, and don't bump threads just to bump them ("me too" posts constitute bumpage).

Recently, the ONLY forum references on TMS and TMC to Armageddon have been a copy/paste of a post that's wandering all over the gaming forum world: a warning to would-be players to NOT play Arm. Thankfully, some of the membership on those fora realize that it's a lot of personal drama and head-butting between the member and the staff, and not much to do with the game itself.
But there were people who were quick to take the side of the disgruntled player, without knowing all (or maybe any) of the facts. That can hurt the chances of an incoming playerbase, especially since some of those side-takers are respected members of those fora.

Since there's very little in the way of *current* positive posts on their fora about Arm, they have nothing to compare it to.

So I really really urge people (including staff, which used to be the case once upon a time) to post announcements about significant changes to the game, wide-scale RPTs, maybe even teasers of snippets of published game logs with links so readers can see the rest of the log.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

That is definitely a good suggestion to those interested in participating in the MUD community at large.

Vote now before the scrabs attack.

We're above the fold on TMS!
Yay!

Not to be a Debbie Downer but TMC is still very sad. We're not even sneaking up on first place!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Hey, you! Vote for Armageddon!

And don't forget to go vote for real as well, fellow Canadians eh!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Yet Tektolnes keeps his seat in the highest tower of Allanak.

Just vote. It's good for you.

If pictures of badasses and easily-accessible buttons aren't enough to convince you, I don't know what is.

Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

If you can't grow a mustache, or don't want to, or even if you have one already - there's always voting.

I should not have to ask you to vote. But if I moustache you....I will continue to do so.

Let's not make me start sending out loads or random PM's to people on here about voting. It was awkward for everyone the last time....but if you force my hand...
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.