Why Do You Vote Every Day?

Started by Cavaticus, February 05, 2015, 10:34:41 AM

June 24, 2015, 07:10:50 PM #400 Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 07:13:15 PM by Aruven
Quote from: Hound on June 24, 2015, 07:04:54 PM
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 24, 2015, 07:02:09 PM
Hello. Introductions are more than fine here, and this is a great place for what you're looking for. I'd say there's no better place for a deeply immersive experience alongside talented role-players, but it's also important to node the coded game functions a lot differently than what you may be used to. How did you find us? Do you know anyone who plays? Having someone to hold your hand through character generation and the quirks of the code will help immensely. If you don't have someone I suggest the Helper Chat, which can be accessed through the main page Armageddon.org on the right-hand side where it says"Get Live Help!"

I'd suggest taking a look at the "Intoduction" section of the main website too, there's a wealth of great information there that will help you get started.

Welcome to Armageddon! Always good to see new faces. Dibs on your boots.

No, I don't know anybody who plays here. I was looking at the top MUD pages and saw Aardwolf, which didn't take my fancy, and Armageddon was next on the list. The abstract of the intro page caught my attention, and I approve of filtering out new blood with the application process.

*See previous urges

It's July!  We're ranked 700th!  Vote for the heartbreak.

as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Got to beat the slackers.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: valeria on July 02, 2015, 10:56:52 AM
Got to beat the slackers.

Srsly, don't be a slacker and vote!

I voted on three different networks on the way to work but I am not sure it worked :|

Arma isn't even in the top 20 on TMS.

Because 4th on TMC is some bullshit.
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

You know, I really do vote every day. Literally every day. I don't usually post about it because I'm embarrassed by my high post count. (Inflated I think by when I used to post every day encouraging people to vote.) But it's really not all that challenging. I'm on a computer every day. Takes a second.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

10 votes back from 1st place on TMC.

I know we're all awesome people busy living our lives, but do try to find the time to vote! We are 22nd on TMS and 5th on TMC.

Shame. Shaaaame. (I'd post a gif of Cersei Lannister on the walk but that's probably NSFW).

We have fallen off the first page of TMS =(
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

I vote everyday, because it takes less than half a minute to do so, and could bring potential new victims into the fold! Or people to make my character the victim.  :o

Because 4 votes from 3rd place is not where we should be.
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

We're in 20th place on TMS. If we don't vote arma will slip off the front page!

Because awesome RPTs come from awesome players and motivated staff!

Because we're slipping off the top 20 of TMS again.

We're #19! We're #19!

Wait - that's depressing.

Go vote.

Because if I don't , we fall off the front page of TMSf . Vote dudes !

TMS is kind of a garbage source for new players anyhow, compared to TMC. If I'm remembering the metrics correctly.

Speaking of, we haven't had one of those for a month or two have we? Don't remember the last "Where Players Found Us" report.

We're tied with Fing Forgotten Realms on TMC.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Maybe no one found  us since we stopped voting!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

That's serious. Why the fuck did we fall out of the top ten? It's ... so bad.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

We've slipped to 3rd on TMC.  Summertime, summertime.

It had been a while since I voted on the TMS.

It felt good, but I cried a little inside when I saw our current position.  It sure wasn't missionary enough to convert some new players.
You notice: A war beetle squeezes out an Orin-sized ball of dung.

I don't.  Maybe I should.  I just feel like this is the first step towards evangelizing, and then I've found myself in some weird internet cult.

Ok, maybe I'll start voting.