wow

Started by Darmon, January 16, 2015, 12:22:03 AM

wow no freedom of speech, didnt realize this was nazi germany where you couldnt' critisize the government here.

Okay, I see what you're doing now.

You know you've gone off the deep end when Metekillot feels the need to use punctuation to distance his posting style form yours.

apologize if i offended anyone. this will be my last character. vets and leadership too arrogant and stubborn.

Nerf the Vets.
Alea iacta est

vets are underpowered in d20
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Vets are all on performance enhancing drugs.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

srlly nice troll tho

6/10
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Man, I remember when I posted almost exactly this back in 1998. Like almost word for word.

Nostalgia times.

They don't want to hear an honest opinion of criticism unless I completely sugar coat it with kiss-butt. Yes staff does a great great job. Best mud out there. But I'm still going to vent when experienced players totally go against proper roleplay IC when they think they are interacting with a newbie and want IC respect from the newbie because they have OOC'ley been around awhile. No one sees anything wrong with this?

Now you're just making me feel bad since I didn't beat that one newb to death in an alleyway, instead opting to help him with syntax.

If you could explain the case better. Provide an example. If your PC is being asked respect from a noble, or someone higher in the social ranking. Is that really bad roleplay, Darmon? If someone threatens your PC to respect them. Is that really bad roleplay, Darmon? Now, if you come complaint out of the game because you expected a low-fantasy medieval setting wouldn't have you start in the lower of the ranking. Is that bad roleplay, Damon?

We are not germany nazi, but we are not Jamaica either. You're not allowed to slander and troll the forums. Just look at your main topic. "wow no freedom of speech, didnt realize this was nazi germany where you couldnt' critisize the government here." Title: wow. Does that not simply invite your topic to be shut?

Your making all these assumptions about what I am complaining about. I spelled it out. Vet players looking for IC respect from what they perceive to be a new player just because OOCley they have played for awhile. My encounter I am specifically referring too involves me being the same rank as another player in question. And my character is supposed to be leaps and bounds smarter. Yet this player plays his character as witty and smarter then me and always having the upperhand and demanding respect that doesn't make sense in that situation. Even to the point of mentioning IC how his character has done something thousands of times and he knows more when its clearly an OOC statement because it did not fit the character. you can poo poo what I'm saying all u want and focus on m enot kissing butt enough when I am making my point. I am not trolling. I am bringing up a real issue. But since it is critisizing the establiishment, I must be trolling and I am going to far, blah blah blah. Take the critisim. Is true and its real.

Okay, so maybe you're the same rank.  But maybe that character has been with the group longer than your character has, or maybe there is a backstory where the supposed character's mother or father was a part of the organization and trained them when they were young.  Or maybe the character has been around actually for years prior to even joining with whatever group you're with.  There are many possibilities to consider before automatically assuming OOCly that the player (whether a vet or not) is simply using OOC knowledge and trying to act as if they're 'better' than you on an OOC level.  It's a game.  People RP.  Maybe the player of the character is playing the character like a cocky asshole because the character is supposed to be a cocky asshole.  Who are you to judge what fits his character or not?  He's the one RPing him, and you're the one RPing your character.  This seems like a non issue to me.  Sorry.
After knocking back a mouthful of the contents of a full shot-glass, toking away on a rolled joint directly afterwards you say in desert-accented sirihish:
"They call me Tuber, and my son is Tuber-tot."

Have you /actually/ filed a complaint? It seems like this is one player. I'm a newbie like you (look at my join date) and I can only say that I've found a marvelous ambience. Filled with very curious characters: good and bad. Personally, I enjoy it even further when someone obstructs my way or roleplays a proper rivarly. Even further, when someone does wicked or terrible stuff with their character. It is there where you notice how good a roleplayer is.

As Attana has posted, there is a difference between a veteran player and a veteran character. A veteran character will be better than a recently public character. They have trained hours. They've spent hours building relationships. Or atleast that is what they want your PC to think. Once again, have you actually messaged the staff about this player? I take my PCs seriously. I feel emotions from my sessions which is exactly what keeps bringing me to the game (it's like an interactive book to me and several others). I get angry, excited or even sad when they die. Most of those feelings would never happen if we didn't had good, bad, evil, great, cocky, noble, highborn, or ultra powerful people. And definitely, getting angry over a PC is excellent! But you have to keep in mind two things: you always must stay In-Character and you always need to understand there is a difference between PCs-players.

You've insulted veterans and the whole "establishment." We don't, as you say, butt-lick flatter the staff. Do not lie to yourself. Read the forums, there's polite complaints to the staff which are taken seriously by the staff. They are not our servants. They are not even paid. They do this out of pure hobby-love. Keep that in mind!

I actually get what you're saying, you've just presented it in the least constructive way imaginable.

If the characters knowledge is unrealistic due to their OOC knowledge that is indeed a bad thing. However, I agree with Attana that there are plenty of situations that make perfect sense for a character to have the knowledge they do. Whether that knowledge was attained through play or not doesn't really matter. It only takes a few IC years to really get the lay of some aspects of the game, and the characters we inhabit can have been alive for decades.

If someone is playing unrealistically and knowledgeably in things they don't have the experience to back up that is not good roleplay. But that is something you should document and then report to staff in a player complaint, not vaguely complain about on the forums based on your bad experience. That doesn't go anywhere and will likely be locked and has very little potential to actually find its way to the players who aren't role-playing properly.

That sounds like a pretty easy-to-solve issue.

Pay someone to kill him.

Problem solved and you're enforcing the ruthlessness of Armageddon.

That'll teach a "vet" to underestimate a "new" player.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on January 16, 2015, 02:23:28 AM
That sounds like a pretty easy-to-solve issue.

Pay someone to kill him.

Problem solved and you're enforcing the ruthlessness of Armageddon.

That'll teach a "vet" to underestimate a "new" player.

+1
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Well, I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. It's hard to differentiate you from your character, especially if you're really into your character. Just take some time off, cool down, and hopefully, you'll come back again with a new character concept.

Communicating with the staff is always helpful, especially if you feel like you've been bullied. They see everything. They are everywhere.
I ruin immershunz.

January 16, 2015, 05:26:57 AM #20 Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 06:03:15 AM by Inks
Zalanthas is a Tok eat tok world and sometimes you will meet pcs who are self obsessed cunts. Deal with it IC unless you are actually being bullied on an OOC level. Don't rant on the gdb about your current PC and someone else's RP. Making people feel bad via gdb rants is bad mkay. If your character acts dumb then they will be treated as dumb. People can't read your bio. Just roll with being naïve.

January 16, 2015, 06:15:24 AM #21 Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 06:20:35 AM by Nergal
Quote from: Darmon on January 16, 2015, 01:09:07 AM
Your making all these assumptions about what I am complaining about. I spelled it out. Vet players looking for IC respect from what they perceive to be a new player just because OOCley they have played for awhile. My encounter I am specifically referring too involves me being the same rank as another player in question. And my character is supposed to be leaps and bounds smarter. Yet this player plays his character as witty and smarter then me and always having the upperhand and demanding respect that doesn't make sense in that situation. Even to the point of mentioning IC how his character has done something thousands of times and he knows more when its clearly an OOC statement because it did not fit the character. you can poo poo what I'm saying all u want and focus on m enot kissing butt enough when I am making my point. I am not trolling. I am bringing up a real issue. But since it is critisizing the establiishment, I must be trolling and I am going to far, blah blah blah. Take the critisim. Is true and its real.

No one is really interested in taking criticism seriously when you start off by comparing staff to Nazis.

Read the rules of the game. They are listed out pretty clearly. Some seem to apply to your situation particularly well:
Life is hard. There are no free lunches on Zalanthas. There aren't even free drinks of water. It is likely that your character will die, and if you are not clever your character will die very fast. Only (and we mean only) the very fittest of all live long enough to retire in comfort at the end of their careers.
Sometimes people are nasty. There are no rules against being extremely mean to others that your character may meet, be it cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise making a fool out of. The sole exception to this is termed 'the rule of consent', and is outlined both in "help consent" and in point 6, below.
Complaints of unfairness will not be given an audience. If you think your character's situation was unfair, too bad. Live with it or don't. See point 2 above.
The sole exception to the above is what we call 'the rule of consent'. You can be as mean and nasty to other players as you like, but they do have some measure of control over how graphic the depiction is.

If after that you still think your situation should not be happening in the game, then report it so it can be looked into in a fair manner.

I am now going to lock this thread because there is no question being asked.