Your first choice of location to play a PC

Started by Incognito, December 03, 2014, 01:33:26 PM

What's your first choice of location to play a PC in?

Allanak
45 (51.7%)
Tuluk
13 (14.9%)
Luirs
7 (8%)
Red Storm Village
4 (4.6%)
Tribal
8 (9.2%)
Labyrinth
6 (6.9%)
Undertuluk (if it existed)
4 (4.6%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Another poll, to add to my previous one. Aimed at gathering more accurate info.
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Clarification question: Do you mean for our very first PC, or do you just mean: What's your preferred starting location in general?
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Not your first PC. ANY PC.

Just trying to ascertain which location a player would be most comfortable to play in. That is all.

Hope that answers your question.
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Dunno why Allanak and the 'Rinth are combined into one.  Though geographically adjacent, they're waaaaay different.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on December 03, 2014, 01:39:04 PM
Dunno why Allanak and the 'Rinth are combined into one.  Though geographically adjacent, they're waaaaay different.

MM - I know Allanak and the Rinth are different.

But technically speaking, if you're playing in one of those 2 zones, you can very easily migrate to the other, due to the proximity.

Having a separate poll option for the Rinth wouldn't really make any difference to the big picture, if you take my meaning.

Physically, yes.  But socially?  Not so easily at all.

MM - Its like - if Undertuluk was still existing, I'd have put the poll option as : Tuluk and Undertuluk.

Just trying to figure out where people like to play geographically.

Socially, I agree with you, that the City States are very different from the "lawless" locations.

Can you really not alter the poll anymore?
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Patuk on December 03, 2014, 02:02:56 PM
Can you really not alter the poll anymore?

Done - just coz you asked.

Although, I'd consider combining the votes for Allanak and the Rinth - coz the idea is to look at the big picture. But you're right, having a separate Rinth option will be more accurate.

Added "Undertuluk - if it existed" - just to see if folks might be keen on that option too.

Thanks. If you like the big picture, you can always just add the numbers together.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

The Rinth is the square to Allanak's rectangle. Most visit out, not many visit in. In my experience, at least.
Be gentle. I had a Nyr brush with death that I'm still getting over.

I voted tribal because of the changes and lower populous I saw in Tuluk. But Tuluk will always remain higher favor than Allanak in my mind.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Quote from: Asanadas on December 03, 2014, 02:31:52 PM
The Rinth is the square to Allanak's rectangle. Most visit out, not many visit in. In my experience, at least.

It's sad that it plays out like this, since according to the documentation it should be the other way around with southsiders coming IN to the rinth to acquire cheap shit or take care of trades without getting slapped with taxes or fines for unlicensed merchantry
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: HavokBlue on December 03, 2014, 04:59:28 PM

It's sad that it plays out like this, since according to the documentation it should be the other way around with southsiders coming IN to the rinth to acquire cheap shit or take care of trades without getting slapped with taxes or fines for unlicensed merchantry

It'd be cool if the Gan Zein were active again, and supported this kind of mentality. Get your cheap spice fix, your cheap poison fix, your cheap whatever fix, at the Gan Zein. Venture outside of that...Well. Don't say we didn't warn you.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

I would say the Labyrinth is probably my second choice from Tuluk.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: HavokBlue on December 03, 2014, 04:59:28 PM

Without giving away too many IC whatevers, I too want more southside tourists in the rinth, but that one bar (which at least the IG lore / NPC descs / room descs suggests is where southsiders would go to get their spice fix and cheap goods) is actually fairly hard to get to for southsiders (for a couple reasons having nothing to do with the PCs, one of which is that the route there is, well, like going through a labyrinth, and the other I don't think I can say outloud).  I wish it were easier to access for southsiders.

as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Misunderstood the poll and put in the first location I played, whoops  ::)
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

My first PC was in the 'rinth. I picked the 'rinth because I thought a loser pickpocket half-starved pauper wouldn't be expected to know much about the docs.

I spawned in, fell down a hole, crawled out, wandered around for 2 hours and then was found by an elf who seemed to think I had killed a dead elf in the room! I couldn't understand the elf and tried to emote backing away but I got attacked and killed...

I ended up not playing again for like a year - but when I logged back in I found out Belenos had sent me a mudmail about how well I had RP'd my exploration! My next character was a bynner who hung out with a red-skinned, horned HG and a fat guy and then I stopped playing for another year. Then I got hooked.

Undertuluk. I didn't even have to think about it. Played it, loved it. Second choice would be a location that isn't one of the options and is pretty iso compared to any of the options.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I picked Allanak. But if there was an allanak/'rinth option I would have picked that.

Red Storm Village, forever and always.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I was tempted to choose Undertuluk but I have no idea what it'd be like there (now).
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Quote from: Molten Heart on December 03, 2014, 10:51:21 PM
I was tempted to choose Undertuluk but I have no idea what it'd be like there (now).

Wet.

Also, Tyn Dashra.  I have no idea why that's not an option for anyone else. *whistles*

-James Brown

Quote from: MeTekillot on December 03, 2014, 10:52:24 PM
Quote from: Molten Heart on December 03, 2014, 10:51:21 PM

Wet.

A plentiful source of water, I'll bet.

-James Brown