Post Your Character Portrait

Started by Adhira, October 19, 2014, 12:06:41 PM

Quote from: Heade on August 10, 2018, 11:56:50 PM

Just out of curiousity, why can't we post a portrait of our current character? It's not going to reveal plots or anything, right? It's just an artistic expression of a character that people can already read a description of, but may not envision the same thing as the player of the character.

It's like posting on the GDB:  I play the mustachioed, kohl-eyed man.

or

A couple of months ago, I played Jack Sparrow.
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

Quote from: Medena on August 11, 2018, 01:11:44 AM
Quote from: Heade on August 10, 2018, 11:56:50 PM

Just out of curiousity, why can't we post a portrait of our current character? It's not going to reveal plots or anything, right? It's just an artistic expression of a character that people can already read a description of, but may not envision the same thing as the player of the character.

It's like posting on the GDB:  I play the mustachioed, kohl-eyed man.

or

A couple of months ago, I played Jack Sparrow.

Yeah, I don't know why this matters. Per the documentation, it isn't against the rules to reveal your OOC identity to someone. It specifically references using OOC modes of communication to organize playtimes and such. It just says we can't discuss in-game secrets and ongoing plot information. Knowing someone OOCly plays a particular character doesn't give away any secret info. If a player has issues with people on the GDB or whatever, they can keep their character identities a secret. If they don't, I don't really see a need for that to be forced upon them, particularly when there is already game documentation that sets a precedence against that being a hard and fast rule.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

Reveals whether or not your char is alive, can't it?

It should be allowed again in clan subforums. I was told by...Akariel, maybe?...that it might be permitted there again if people posted actual art they did themsleves/commissioned art.

October 12, 2018, 11:33:26 AM #229 Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 11:43:27 AM by Feco
Just made a few images of some highly memorable characters.  I believe they've all been dead or stored for well over a year, at this point!

BEHOLD, THE CUTEST RUFFIANS:

(In order: Lucktan, Daxx, Brons, and Dokkar)

Obscenely and highly influenced by the style of JAMKOOART.  I basically copied their style and highly mimicked some of their designs, so credit where credit is due.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: Feco on October 12, 2018, 11:33:26 AM
Just made a few images of some highly memorable characters.  I believe they've all been dead or stores for well over a year, at this point!

Obscenely and highly influenced by the style of JAMKOOART.  I basically copied their style and highly mimicked some of their designs, so credit where credit is due.

Fucking Dokkar. Had a lot of fun playing with you. I was the big scruffy half-breed, Flint.

Beautiful, beautiful Brons. Glad he's memorable after all this time.

And Dokkar ... you magnificent bastard. The world isn't the same without you.

I did not really interact with Brons any more than tavern sitting with him and shooting the (admittedly very dumb) shit with him, but he was an enjoyable character.

Just made a few images of some highly memorable characters.  I believe they've all been dead or stored for well over a year, at this point!

These are so cute! Please do more of these as you cross more one-year thresholds!

Thank you everyone!  I will make more!
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

October 17, 2018, 04:18:26 PM #235 Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 04:35:15 PM by Feco
Part II

In order: Griz the Man, Gus/Big Dinghus/Rizzy/Strongarm the Elf, and Remi the Dwarf

Squad Goals:

Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Hey, thanks for the Dokkar tribute. Was one of my funnest PCs.  Oh yes.

Quote from: Inks on October 21, 2018, 04:15:45 AM

Hey, thanks for the Dokkar tribute. Was one of my funnest PCs.  Oh yes.

Will be remembered forever, no doubt.   ;)
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

If I had any artistic ability, Vilonia would be the one to choose. Maybe I'll use like a hero generator or something, though those things are wonky.
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

Feco, those are AWESOME.

Thank you for posting them!
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

I think I remember Rizzy quite fondly, what was his sdesc?

Quote from: Hauwke on October 24, 2018, 03:58:30 PM
I think I remember Rizzy quite fondly, what was his sdesc?

I think he went through a couple sdescs: the bronzed, toned elf and the bronzed, emaciated elf, at least.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Thats the crazy bastard elf I was thinking of. Fuck that guy and his coiling around on the Byn Sparring hall floor like a goddamn snake. Rizzy was as crazy as those chalton that charge into a group of 6+Bynners and attack their HG.

Either way, Good job with him.

Quote from: Feco on October 15, 2018, 11:20:14 PM
Thank you everyone!  I will make more!

Announcing that I'm shamelessly watching this space as my year mark rolls around. My character seems like they'd fit in with the others you posted, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! No actual expectations, though, in case they didn't make the cut.

June 17, 2019, 07:18:08 PM #244 Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 07:22:56 PM by Feco
I can't wait any longer to share these nerds:

From left to right:
(1st row) Kroz, Dokkar the Butcher, The Butcher Brons, Alexios;
(2nd row) Lucktan, Daxx, Red Rintakki, Grist;
(3rd row) Remi the Slayer, Big "Gus" Dinghus, Griz, Lyras;
(4th row) Alma, Shitbag the Apartment Breed, Draid the Braid, and Ravel.

I will take requests for Crimson Winders, with no promise it'll ever happen.  ;)
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

June 17, 2019, 07:58:06 PM #245 Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 08:06:41 PM by sleepyhead
Ahhhhh it's Lyras! Of all my characters, I think I miss him the most. It means so much to me to think that someone found him worth adorably immortalizing. You were so much fun to play with and this made my otherwise terrible day <3

EDIT: I hope you don't mind that I've made it my profile pic. I'll add a line to my signature that says it was made by Feco. I'll change it if you don't like that I did that, though!

Quote from: sleepyhead on June 17, 2019, 07:58:06 PM
Ahhhhh it's Lyras! Of all my characters, I think I miss him the most. It means so much to me to think that someone found him worth adorably immortalizing. You were so much fun to play with and this made my otherwise terrible day <3

EDIT: I hope you don't mind that I've made it my profile pic. I'll add a line to my signature that says it was made by Feco. I'll change it if you don't like that I did that, though!

Haha, of course not.  I'm flattered!

Lyras was a hoot, for sure.  Good times.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Ah, so suave, my dear Alexios. So suave indeed. Alas, Comcast's vile grip steals another beautiful character...

Those turned out looking great!
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Please do not post portraits of characters who have been active in the past real-life year.