Twin Ouroboroi - Part One of Two

Started by Adhira, October 14, 2014, 01:56:27 PM

Quote from: racurtne on October 16, 2014, 05:43:09 AM
My character was one of those really pissed off about Bixan and Saphris. Their betrayal led to my character basically only trusting family after that. His mate, her brother, and his virtual family were pretty much the only ones he kept close.
Darcy was cuckolding you btw. That's why Lyvren asked you what Dowan would do if he found out she wasn't faithful to him. Lol at your answer advocating violently enforced monogamy :D

Old Lyvren short-one-finger was a total sweetheart, Good times.

October 16, 2014, 08:34:30 AM #27 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 08:49:53 AM by racurtne
Quote from: Case on October 16, 2014, 07:27:22 AM
My character was one of those really pissed off about Bixan and Saphris. Their betrayal led to my character basically only trusting family after that. His mate, her brother, and his virtual family were pretty much the only ones he kept close.
Darcy was cuckolding you Dowan btw. That's why Lyvren asked youDowan what Dowan would do if he found out she wasn't faithful to him. Lol at your his answer advocating violently enforced monogamy :D

He was super jealous. He was also a hypocrite, big time. Dowan did the same thing to her and she knew it.  :D

I don't actually remember him being asked that. Also, he was probably blowing smoke more than anything else. Before Lyvren's time he knew she had been sleeping with someone else and he didn't do anything besides be an asshole to the guy.

Also...fixed the above for you. Because it kind of feels like you're trying to make a statement about me the player for some reason. Maybe I'm being sensitive. ???
Alea iacta est

Quote from: Valeric on October 16, 2014, 06:59:11 AM
Quote from: Beethoven on October 16, 2014, 12:01:13 AM
Oh, that was Miko that got Lexie'd? Saphris had such a crush on her!

How very interesting. I have to confess though I was not Miko. I was another Oash aide, Dalia. Spoke to Bixan quite a lot and considered him one of the only other aide friends she actually had.

Does this mean Bixan was not involved in killing her? If so then yay. Dalia only got involved in the world of Lexie because she wanted to find out who at the time was killing or bumping off lots of Oash aides and Oash gemmed.
So yeah...then she got bumped off. In his wagon. Right after being told an error she had made was fine. Then some random man walks in, and Lexie goes all quiet says sometihng like "What bad timing" and boom.

Probably got dumped in the desert or something was how I imagined it. And she so had an awesome thing I was saving in case she ever was attacked in her life. Boo.

Nope, Bixan was not involved in that murder at all! He certainly never knew it happened at the time, and I don't recall learning about it later. I was always kinda curious where Dalia went, though. Lexie did make a comment when they were setting up Miko's death that "Oashi aides disappear all the time", but Bixan didn't take it as Lexie alluding to murdering more Oashi aides. Obviously, he should have!

Dalia also was around during a time long before Bixan was Lexie's dupe. He was in Borsail as Icumen's aide then. Part of the reason Bixan later went to Lexie is because Icu did a lot of work with the gypsies. Though what exactly, I don't think he ever learned. While he was Icumen's aide, he wasn't kept informed on anything that was being done. This may be in part because Ilse Oash liked chatting with Bixan quite a bit, and was trying to steal him as an aide. Bixan never betrayed Borsail, though! He did, mind you, have a large crush on Ilse, all the same.

For those of you confused by this timeline, Icumen was a noble long before Lyvren existed, then stored, then many IC years later was back again (though I was not around to see the second time). Bixan changed from Borsail to AoD when the House closed.

As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

It's quite remarkable how a single PC managed to turn the PC representation of the powers that be in three different settlements against his whole tribe. Sure, he was a talented schemer and manipulator but most people saw through it eventually, and he only ended up badly hurting his own people - which he suffered for as well. I'm only surprised he lasted as long as he did. Gypo luck, I guess.

Quote from: racurtne on October 16, 2014, 08:34:30 AM
Quote from: Case on October 16, 2014, 07:27:22 AM
Darcy was cuckolding you Dowan btw. That's why Lyvren asked youDowan what Dowan would do if he found out she wasn't faithful to him. Lol at your his answer advocating violently enforced monogamy :D

He was super jealous. He was also a hypocrite, big time. Dowan did the same thing to her and she knew it.  :D

I don't actually remember him being asked that. Also, he was probably blowing smoke more than anything else. Before Lyvren's time he knew she had been sleeping with someone else and he didn't do anything besides be an asshole to the guy.

Also...fixed the above for you. Because it kind of feels like you're trying to make a statement about me the player for some reason. Maybe I'm being sensitive. ???

Oh man, Darcy.

At the beginning of everything, Darcy was in Tor. Bixan didn't like the way she went after Dowan--he felt like she was doing it as a power play. He especially didn't like that she had her sights on being a Clerk in the AoD. If she was there, he believed it would undermine his position, and put him at risk. If Lexie had wanted to kill her, Bixan would have gone for it. Strangely enough, Lexie had no interest in that. He specifically told Bixan that he'd leave Darcy alive because it would keep Bixan motivated.

When Darcy was a Clerk in the AoD, Bixan did come to accept her and enjoy being around her. Due to her making some moves, he definitely wished he could have been more then friends with her, though she also frustrated him. I think at one point she said she felt bad for him because he was lonely, which made Bixan feel like he was only getting the interest out of pity. That did not sit well with him, to put it mildly. Even so, he had a hard time keeping away from her. The only reason he did was because Dowan was his best friend, and while 'officially' it would have been okay, Bixan knew that Dowan would be PISSED about it. He also thought too well of Dowan to keep it secret. Ironically, if this relationship had happened, it may have steered Bixan away from the gypsies, and avoided his eventual death.

Darcy and Saphris were doing sexy stuff. Not -too- much, but they were.

Actually I hesitate to call it "sexy" because it really was just kind of dirty and sad.

Quote from: Taven on October 16, 2014, 11:44:24 AM
He was in Borsail as Icumen's aide then. Part of the reason Bixan later went to Lexie is because Icu did a lot of work with the gypsies. Though what exactly, I don't think he ever learned. While he was Icumen's aide, he wasn't kept informed on anything that was being done. This may be in part because Ilse Oash liked chatting with Bixan quite a bit, and was trying to steal him as an aide. Bixan never betrayed Borsail, though! He did, mind you, have a large crush on Ilse, all the same.

Was it Bixan that Ilse tested her poisons on that time? "Here, drink this, just trust me...it'll be fine." IIRC, she also used him to deliver taunting or threatening letters to Icumen that she knew would make his boss mad and/or scared, with the hope that Bixan would get to see those reactions.

Having crushes on nobles is ill-advised.

Later, off-screen, Ilse married into Borsail (to Icumen).
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on October 16, 2014, 12:15:31 PM
Quote from: Taven on October 16, 2014, 11:44:24 AM
He was in Borsail as Icumen's aide then. Part of the reason Bixan later went to Lexie is because Icu did a lot of work with the gypsies. Though what exactly, I don't think he ever learned. While he was Icumen's aide, he wasn't kept informed on anything that was being done. This may be in part because Ilse Oash liked chatting with Bixan quite a bit, and was trying to steal him as an aide. Bixan never betrayed Borsail, though! He did, mind you, have a large crush on Ilse, all the same.

Was it Bixan that Ilse tested her poisons on that time? "Here, drink this, just trust me...it'll be fine." IIRC, she also used him to deliver taunting or threatening letters to Icumen that she knew would make his boss mad and/or scared, with the hope that Bixan would get to see those reactions.

Having crushes on nobles is ill-advised.

Later, off-screen, Ilse married into Borsail (to Icumen).

Yes, she tested poison on him. Why he allowed this, I have no idea. Probably because of the crush thing. It actually split his mind for awhile (I have substantial bios on that), to a darker side that violently wanted to murder Ilse, and just his normal self, who didn't. Part of this was also because at the time, his mind was under stress from, well, benders messing with him--though they did not directly lead to that split. That line kind of dropped when Ilse stored, and the second personality more faded away... Playing a crazy person is also a lot of hard work.

I remember Ilse asking about Icumen's reactions, and Bixan didn't ever really have a clue. Strangely, he spent significantly more time with Ilse then with Icumen. If he hadn't been committed to Borsail, he probably would have preferred to be her aide. Do you remember when they discussed decorations and party arrangements for the Oashi event? That was fun, though also funny, because a Borsail aide was giving advice.

Playing around Ilse was always a pleasure.

Quote from: Beethoven on October 16, 2014, 11:59:21 AM
Darcy and Saphris were doing sexy stuff. Not -too- much, but they were.

Actually I hesitate to call it "sexy" because it really was just kind of dirty and sad.

:D

I think Darcy told Dowan about this and Dowan's response was basically just to cut that shit out and then left it alone. He pushed Darcy to do this to Bixan too...

QuoteDue to her making some moves, he definitely wished he could have been more then friends with her, though she also frustrated him. I think at one point she said she felt bad for him because he was lonely, which made Bixan feel like he was only getting the interest out of pity.

I think part of the reason was because the inter-unit relationships loomed as a source of drama he didn't want to deal with, but it was also because he was possessive as hell. There was some other guy who styled himself a bard who had some fling with her. He was a recruit for a while or something of the sort. Dowan never went after him either, but eventually smashed his face in for running from Allanak when he was implicated in a crime. At the time he had already been confirmed as innocent, but Dowan took it upon himself to educate the guy that running from the AOD was bad.

QuoteBixan knew that Dowan would be PISSED about it. He also thought too well of Dowan to keep it secret. Ironically, if this relationship had happened, it may have steered Bixan away from the gypsies, and avoided his eventual death.

If only Dowan had shared with his buddies, maybe the whole gypsy plot would have fallen apart. Hurray, I've managed to somehow inject my character into the plot of this log.

Dowan, despite being an asshole to a lot of people publicly, somehow managed to never become an assassination target. I failed somewhere along the way.  :'(
Alea iacta est

Quote from: Taven on October 16, 2014, 12:24:55 PM
Playing a crazy person is also a lot of hard work.

This is true. Especially if you're a creative crazy person.

Quote from: Taven on October 16, 2014, 12:24:55 PM
Yes, she tested poison on him. Why he allowed this, I have no idea. Probably because of the crush thing. It actually split his mind for awhile (I have substantial bios on that), to a darker side that violently wanted to murder Ilse

I was laughing soooooo hard during that scene. Probably because I am an awful troll. Sorry  :D But I'm glad he wanted to murder her!

Quote from: Taven on October 16, 2014, 12:24:55 PMI remember Ilse asking about Icumen's reactions, and Bixan didn't ever really have a clue. Strangely, he spent significantly more time with Ilse then with Icumen. If he hadn't been committed to Borsail, he probably would have preferred to be her aide. Do you remember when they discussed decorations and party arrangements for the Oashi event? That was fun, though also funny, because a Borsail aide was giving advice.

Playing around Ilse was always a pleasure.

Yeah, doing the party planning was fun and hilarious. IIRC, Ilse's whole plan with the party was to make it weird and uncomfortable for people, especially anyone who was freaked out by Oash's connection to magick (e.g. Borsail). Again...I am a troll.

It was good times playing together :)

Oh, also, Ilse still wants her fucking dress back, you gypsy thieves.

(Insider info: The dress that Ilse purchased from Lexie was actually mastercrafted by the gypsy PC that I played previously, Sukra. When Ilse saw that Lexie was selling the dress, I had to buy it for that reason and also because it was awesome dress, but it was immediately stolen back by a gypsy VNPC/staff. Thus Ilse desired vengeance against gypsies forever and ever.)
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Saph was a good guy (in my opinion) and definitely not a traitor at heart. He just allowed himself to be pushed around too much. Lexie figured out all the best ways to mess with him and used them all to his advantage. I still remember the moment that Saph 'figured out' he was supposed to spy for Lexie, which was when Lexie wayed him out of the red and demanded that he talk to him Or Else.

I loved the Clerk role and would do it again in a heartbeat. I really wish it wouldn't have been taken away and I still hold out hope that it will be brought back some day.

I write weird. My reports are the same. Meant nothing by it!

October 16, 2014, 01:08:22 PM #39 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 01:14:16 PM by racurtne
Quote from: Case on October 16, 2014, 01:04:11 PM

Just means you're super in-character, which can be a good thing. Lyvren was fun OOC and sometimes exhausting to deal with IC. Dowan was just grateful she got rid of Validos. He regarded her as well as any other templar he'd worked for in the past. He was intensely loyal to Drydek, though. Shame I stored Dowan right before he came back. That might have gotten interesting.

I remember being somewhat surprised when Lyvren made Dowan a Lieutenant. I still don't know why.

Also on clerk roles: I remember the clerks being called on to join one spider nest burning mission and one of the clerks, Toni, actually fighting spiders with a frying pan. It was pretty hilarious.
Alea iacta est

October 16, 2014, 01:15:55 PM #40 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 01:19:10 PM by Case
All the Bixan/Saphris/Lexie stuff was before my time. I was Drydek's replacement afaik.

Darcy was very interesting and out of respect I won't go into why, as given how everyone is describing her here, I'll leave it for the player if they want to.

Lyv had a crush on her... well, then again, Lyv loved certain kinds of wimmenz and Darcy was one. They had a bizarre working relationship.

*nb. I'd also come out irl around this point so was fagging hard as I explored my sexuality lol

Quote from: Gimfalisette on October 16, 2014, 12:46:10 PMI was laughing soooooo hard during that scene. Probably because I am an awful troll. Sorry  :D But I'm glad he wanted to murder her!

A couple short snippets from Bixan's biographies: (Edited a little to removed any information that might still be sensitive and/or to explain things further)

Infact, Lyra [dead Borsail PC Bixan looked up to] would probably hate [Ilse].
Why? Because of Ilse's "sense of humor." She routinely makes sick, twisted
jokes. She hasn't shown this side of herself lately to Bixan, but it's there.

He was completely estranged from reality, unable to tell what was false,
what was true, unable to ground himself physically from the kalidescope of
images around him. He did not know what was sane, what was insane. He was
living completely adrift in a world of nightmares, with no control and no
sense of time. It was far, far worse then anything the bender had ever
done. When it was over, when he could move again, when the illusions were
gone, Bixan was still not the same. He hasn't been truely stable for
awhile now, with all the emotions dealing with loosing Lyra, with the
insanity of events in the city, with being isolated and nearly friendless.
This very nearly broke him, completely. The only reason he didn't
physically attack Ilse was because he was still so disconnected from
reality, and somewhere in the back of his mind he knew it was unwise.

Bixan has been able to recover well enough, using his anger as a crutch.
While there is nothing he can do with his dark anger towards the
Templarite, his new dark anger at Lady Oash is completely useable. See, it
doesn't matter to Bixan that she "kept her word," that he was not harmed.
It doesn't mean shit to him. He sees the event as revealing how cruel Ilse
really is, how insane. This was amusing to her. People are her playthings.
Well, Bixan does not plan to be a play thing any longer. Infact, he
intends to be the one doing the playing. He no longer has any trust or
respect for Ilse at all; any urge he had to serve her is completely
destoryed. There is, however, a strong urge to fuck with her as she did
with him. To feed her lies, to gain her trust only to twist it, to abuse
it. Bixan would have never been so devious, so dark, before this. But it
changed him.

That doesn't really get into his mental split much, but it does illustrate his immense anger, and I thought you'd enjoy it.

QuoteYeah, doing the party planning was fun and hilarious. IIRC, Ilse's whole plan with the party was to make it weird and uncomfortable for people, especially anyone who was freaked out by Oash's connection to magick (e.g. Borsail). Again...I am a troll.

At the Lady Ilse's party, once she had been planning for ages, and Bixan
offered advice with (should this be arranged this way, or what way?),
there were gemmers. Ilse explained to Bixan ahead of time that the gemmed
would be there, saying that they were power, and it would do well to
remind people of her power. Also, as Bixan was not thrilled to point out
(pointing such things out to nobles is generally unwise), she didn't
exactly /have/ any ungemmed servants directly working for her (it turned
out she did still have one, mustache man).

Anyways, at the party the gemmers had the bigger of the two tables in the
commoner room, the table which had chairs instead of pillows, and silk atop
it at that. Jan heard the gemmers talking about lighting each other on
fire, and saw that they were wearing copious amounts of silk, at a party
where only the nobles (and one stupid Salarri employee) [disclaimer:
Take no offense, random Salarri, these are Bixan's opinions], wore any
significant amounts of silk. Bixan personally got to overhear how the
gemmers were talking about sex and fucking, as well as saying that the
party was boring--Not generally a good thing if your own employees are
saying that. Bixan told Ilse some of what people's opinions were on the
gemmed being there, but she waved them all away, saying how gemmers were
people too, and had urges. She said how it was sad that the commoners
were fighting over the table because of the silk on it.

It wasn't for maybe a half-month or so before something happened again, in
regards to gemmers. It was after a gith mission. The mission that Borsail
was /supposed/ to be along on, but apparently the Sergeant Ralen "forgot"
to have Borsail notified, or was "too busy to"--This despite the fact that
Borsail and the militia do cross-training, and the recruits are nearly
always seeing each other. Ralen also--Syl tells the story--Made it seem as
if it was Borsail's fault for not coming along. Oash and Tor were on the
mission, as well as the Templerite. After the mission, Lady Ilse offered
refreshments at Trader's. This isn't a bad thing in itself... Except for
the gemmers were there.

Covered in blood and numbering over just a handful, the gemmers were in
Trader's, amidst the silk-clad nobility. Not only that, but they were
talking of magick specifics at their table. Something about magickal
[things--details removed]. In Bixan's opinion (although he
did find it interesting), not at all something to be talking about in
Trader's. It was, in a word, disturbing and something that seemed
completely out of place, and a sign that Oashi gemmers were /not/ in their
place. The Lord Icumen remarked that he didn't know how, but he would
have to do something about this, because this was unacceptable.

QuoteIt was good times playing together :)

Oh, also, Ilse still wants her fucking dress back, you gypsy thieves.

(Insider info: The dress that Ilse purchased from Lexie was actually mastercrafted by the gypsy PC that I played previously, Sukra. When Ilse saw that Lexie was selling the dress, I had to buy it for that reason and also because it was awesome dress, but it was immediately stolen back by a gypsy VNPC/staff. Thus Ilse desired vengeance against gypsies forever and ever.)

Lexie never did admit to taking this and always maintained that Ilse was nuts. However, it was Lexie, so who really knows?

Ilse and her dresses were great. I remember how she hemmed and hawed about if this dress was okay, or if it showed too much shoulder (bear in mind that Allanaki fashions are usually tight and covering, and don't show a lot of skin). It was entertaining, and completely IC. Bixan thought it a little nuts, though (along the lines of "just pick a dress and wear it already!").

Quote from: Case on October 16, 2014, 01:15:55 PM
All the Bixan/Saphris/Lexie stuff was before my time. I was Drydek's replacement afaik.

Darcy was very interesting and out of respect I won't go into why, as given how everyone is describing her here, I'll leave it for the player if they want to.

Lyv had a crush on her... well, then again, Lyv loved certain kinds of wimmenz and Darcy was one. They had a bizarre working relationship.

*nb. I'd also come out irl around this point so was fagging hard as I explored my sexuality lol

Lyvren was Drydek's replacement, but by the time Lyvren got in game Validos had been running the unit alone (disastrously) for a while. With Drydek gone, things got out of hand pretty quickly.
Alea iacta est

Quote from: Case on October 16, 2014, 03:32:02 AM
Between getting old and less pretty, and missing her opportunity for a child biologically, she became so much more bitter and uncaring in her later years.

Seriously.  What a grump she became!  It was tough to get even a smile out of her, despite my PC's unswerving loyalty.  Granted, Tavinter wasn't exactly a cheerful type...that probably had something to do with it.

Quote from: wizturbo on October 16, 2014, 01:24:42 PM
Quote from: Case on October 16, 2014, 03:32:02 AM
Between getting old and less pretty, and missing her opportunity for a child biologically, she became so much more bitter and uncaring in her later years.

Seriously.  What a grump she became!  It was tough to get even a smile out of her, despite my PC's unswerving loyalty.  Granted, Tavinter wasn't exactly a cheerful type...that probably had something to do with it.
She killed your gf and then used your grief to get you to kill somebody. She was an awful person, thanks for being loyal :)

I don't quite recall smiles, but I got a few peals of maniacal laughter out of her through my character's idiocy.

Quote from: racurtne on October 16, 2014, 01:08:22 PM
Quote from: Case on October 16, 2014, 01:04:11 PM

Just means you're super in-character, which can be a good thing.

~~~ Travel ~~~
On the way to meet the brutish, hard-featured man: you look at the curvaceous, blue-robed templar, taking a quick perv.
~~~ Travel ~~~

method-rper

Brief reminder of the rules.

Quote from: Nyr on February 16, 2014, 10:08:39 AM
This is a subforum intended to highlight and discuss the original submissions that are on the website.  (You can see all of them here.)

As we are piloting this right now (and since original submissions are not fully functional), new posts are restricted; only replies are allowed if a thread is not locked.

Additional expectations and rules for this subforum:

• Discussion should be centered around the submission.  This can cover the events of the submission itself and discussion of that character (most submissions are about specific characters and specific events).
  • While discussing the plot or characters of the submission is fine, make sure that your post revolves around the scene or the character(s)--not your character or stuff that happened that is vaguely related to it.  In general, the more that the discussion deviates from the specific submission, the less likely it should be there.
  • If you desire to specifically discuss your own character's exploits, we encourage you to work on your own original submission.  Once the tool is ready we will let you know!

edit:  bolded for emphasis
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Don't be such a stickler, Nyr. This thread as been amazing.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on October 16, 2014, 01:39:00 PM
Don't be such a stickler, Nyr. This thread as been amazing.

Yep.  Hopefully as encouragement for people to work on their own original submissions rather than discuss here in lieu of doing so.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

more submissions are a good thing.

Something that really impressed me about this submission is that almost every line of dialogue, from every character, has an emote appended to it. It has inspired me to try and step up my game.