Twin Ouroboroi - Part One of Two

Started by Adhira, October 14, 2014, 01:56:27 PM

October 14, 2014, 01:56:27 PM Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 05:40:21 PM by Adhira
NB. Typos and grammar fixed when in error. Creative license taken with the scenes to streamline them, to fix mistakes or to clarify intent. Effort was made to showcase as many awesome players as possible. - Case

In Descending Sun, Year 71 of the 21st Age

You send a telepathic message to the brutish, hard-featured man:
    "Lord Templar Drydek..."
    "I happen to have a meeting with, and I state this loosely, the emissary of the Muark, if you are interested in involving yourself in some diplomacy."

"I can promise there will be excellent brandy, given they are seeking to return to His City's markets."

The brutish, hard-featured man sends you a telepathic message:
    "Lexie, is it? Or one of his others, Esme or Song?"

"Lexie is kill-on-sight-and-never-to-return. It's Esme."
    "Do you know the history or do you wish me to fill you in?"

You recall:
**** Descending Sun, Year 70 of the 21st Age
You send a telepathic message to the dapper, sharp-featured man:
    "What was asked of you should have been done from the beginning. You have no regard for us or the Highlord's City whatsoever. The ban is not being lifted until a proper diplomatic representative is sent."
    "You have deadened the Muark to us, Lexie."

"Ah, very good. I have no clue."

"Your place then? Mine? Wherever you like. I've dressed up for you all the same."

You, the serpentine braided templar, look down at your slim, flowing honey-silk dress wistfully.

"I am in the Red Room, and must be resting before too long."

"Tch. Take all the laid back romance out of it with your Red Room squatting. I will be there shortly."

~~~ Travel ~~~
On the way to meet the brutish, hard-featured man: you look at the curvaceous, blue-robed templar, taking a quick perv.
~~~ Travel ~~~

Setting it before the brutish, hard-featured templar as she passes, you put your wide-bellied glass snifter onto an octagonal agate-topped table.

Fetching a chair and settling into it neatly, you sit at an octagonal agate-topped table.

At your table, you say in sirihish, before lifting her snifter to her lips:
    "Good evening."

~~~ The two engage in drinks and smalltalk before getting to the point ~~~

At your table, you say in sirihish:
    "Tch, but your time is limited. The Muark. Let me explain."

At your table, you say in tatlum, slipping into a more constrained, archaicly patterned language:
    "When I came to service in this Unit, there was a major betrayal raw in the minds of the Firsts."

At your table, you say in tatlum
    "Lexie of the Muark had used Senior Clerk Bixan and something-or-other Clerk Saphris as puppets and spies. They were also providing the Muark with copious amounts of heramide."

You recall:
**** Descending Sun, Year 64 of the 21st Age
At your table, you say in sirihish, narrowing her eyes at her empty glass:
    "Asha, what difficulties are you concerned with?"

At your table, the sleek, chocolate-haired woman says in tribal-accented sirihish:
    "As far as I am aware, Lord Templar Validos had Lexie's friends within the city executed when he was displeased with my prala's activities. It took some effort to mend our relations to the point where we could trade within the city once more."

At your table, you say in sirihish, lifting her jade eyes to the sleek, chocolate-haired woman:
    "Lexie's friends being members of the clerical division of one particular unit of the Jade Sabers that Validos... and I... oversee?"

At your table, the sleek, chocolate-haired woman says in tribal-accented sirihish, with a nod to you:
    "Bixan and Saphris, yes."

At your table, you say in sirihish, as if unsure:
    "The ones who were passing poisons to Lexie and informing for him? That Bixan and Saphris?"

At your table, you say in tatlum:
    "Validos executed Bixan, I cannot recall the business with Saphris. I came to service just after this, so I had to scramble to learn of it. Validos wouldn't talk and the Unit was dark about it."

"Also of note, and roughly the same time Lord Templar Solych Fale came into the picture, a woman I investigated, named Pearl, was holding lockpicks for a 'friend' I identified as Saphris'. This is a few years later."

You recall:   
**** High Sun, Year 65 of the 21st Age
You send a telepathic message to the wiry, dark-featured man:
    "Do you not know how to work a two person interrogation? It is much more effective."

The wiry, dark-featured man sends you a telepathic message:
    "Mmm, I know how. Just give me a bit, will you? Have some faith."

"I do - but I know this woman. I won't speak."
    "And she most certainly knows me."

~~~ Lyv returns to the Booth in the Red's Retreat, having stumbled across the pair and left prior ~~~

The serpentine braided templar shoots the curvy, red-haired woman a pointed glance as she approaches the table and leans a hand on the back of a spare chair.

Again, the curvy, red-haired woman stands up from a large stone table, bending in another bow to you as you approaches.

Down at him quietly, you say to the wiry, dark-featured templar, in tatlum:
    "This is some tatlum filler talk to justify my sudden return - I will sit. Just let me be the quiet one. Make sure you give me an answer with a worried look at her for full effect."

Pulling out a chair and claiming it, jade eyes focused on the curvy, red-haired woman, you sit at a large stone table.

The curvy, red-haired woman opens her mouth to respond then closes it again, glancing between you and the wiry, dark-featured templar.

Blinking once before swinging his gaze back to you, the wiry, dark-featured templar asks you, in tatlum:
    "You mean -- like this? And sound -truly- bothered by it?"

The serpentine braided templar softly nods to the wiry, dark-featured templar before indicating the curvy, red-haired woman with her good hand.

At your table, the wiry, dark-featured templar says in sirihish, murmuring with the smallest of smiles to the curvy, red-haired woman:
    "Please, go on. It'll be like a game - who knows how much I already know and what you can still exaggerate or lie about."

Clearing her throat lightly, the curvy, red-haired woman says, in sirihish:
    "I..uh.....I was a trader a couple of years back, my Lord and Lady Templar, but I went off to Cenyr for two years with my cousins..recently just returned to His City again..."

Giving a dismissive flip of his wrist, the wiry, dark-featured templar asks the curvy, red-haired woman, in sirihish:
    "What kind of trading? Goods of some sort, presumably?"

The serpentine braided templar sits quietly beside the wiry, dark-featured templar, all eyes on the curvy, red-haired woman. With her right hand, she cradles her damaged wrist, keeping the arm and hand steady.

Counting off on her fingers, the curvy, red-haired woman says to the wiry, dark-featured templar, in sirihish:
    "Wooden goods from Luir's...trinkets...some clothes..."

Nodding a couple more times, the wiry, dark-featured templar asks the curvy, red-haired woman, in sirihish:
    "I see, I see. Alright. So you've got family in Cenyr, huh? Any other kinds of affiliations I should know about?"

With a humorless twist of her lips, the curvy, red-haired woman says to the wiry, dark-featured templar, in sirihish:
    "No more, my Lord Templar. Everyone that I knew before seems to have all died since my return. Mostly suppliers though."

At your table, you say in sirihish, speaking up as she coolly regards the curvy, red-haired woman:
    "Pass me the pack."

With a sigh, the curvy, red-haired woman stops using her bone-studded backpack.
Setting it down on the table gently before you, the curvy, red-haired woman puts her bone-studded backpack onto a large stone table.

At your table, you say in sirihish, reaching out to draw the pack close:
    "Without the attitude. If I ask for attitude, you give me attitude. If I don't, you don't give it."

"Now answer the Lord Templar properly."
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

With a calm glance made the curvy, red-haired woman's way, you open your bone-studded backpack.

The wiry, dark-featured templar gives you a calming, mellow gesture, his brow wrinkling as his gaze turns back to the curvy, red-haired woman.

Just to look it over curiously, you get your heavy-gauge bone pick from your bone-studded backpack.

At your table, you say in sirihish, rolling your heavy-gauge bone pick between her fingers:
     "Especially when Luirs' wooden trinkets seem to have changed their style this season."

Glancing back to him again, the curvy, red-haired woman says to the wiry, dark-featured templar, in sirihish:
     "Is it about last week, my Lord Templar? I really do -not- know anyone from the rinth, nor am I from there..."

With a small, patient smile, the wiry, dark-featured templar asks the curvy, red-haired woman, in sirihish:
     "Let's not worry what it is or isn't about, hmm? I know you're not from the 'Rinth. What do you mean by last week?"

The serpentine braided templar goes quiet, working her way through your bone-studded backpack.

You get your leather needle case from your bone-studded backpack.
It is very light, and empty.

As if showing the curvy, red-haired woman how to do it, you put your heavy-gauge bone pick into your leather needle case.

Blinking, the curvy, red-haired woman says to the wiry, dark-featured templar, in sirihish:
     "Oh...well some rinthi approached me and saw that pick in my pocket and told me to find some...Za..something person for some better ones, in front of the Lord Tor and basically everyone in public."

With a snap, you close your leather needle case.

You put your leather needle case into your bone-studded backpack.

You get your tiny tooled leather pouch from your bone-studded backpack.
It is very light, and less than half full.

look in pouch
In a tiny tooled leather pouch (carried) :
a few heavy-gauge bone picks

With a clatter, you empty your tiny tooled leather pouch onto a large stone table.

At your table, the wiry, dark-featured templar says in sirihish, nodding once, a touch of irritation entering his tone:
     "I'm familiar with that 'Rinthi, yes. So why is it you carry a pick around? You don't look the type to be busy breaking into His hard-working citizens' houses. Are you?"

The serpentine braided templar looks calmly over the pile of picks that she's tipped out of your tiny tooled leather pouch.

At your table, the wiry, dark-featured templar says in sirihish, correcting himself after seeing the pile dumped onto a large stone table:
     "... pickS."

At your table, you say in sirihish, musing as she looks over the pile:
     "Not exactly a standard kit for Tek's Tower but times have been hard."

Looking over to the pile of picks scattered across a large stone table, the curvy, red-haired woman says to the wiry, dark-featured templar, in sirihish:
     "No I don't, my Lord..breaking into people's houses I mean. Those were from someone I knew briefly.."

Snapping his fingers, the wiry, dark-featured templar says to the curvy, red-haired woman, in sirihish:
     "Now we're getting somewhere. Let's hear a name, dear, because most casual acquaintances don't give one-another several smalls' worth of lockpicks for no reason."

An eyebrow perking up as she eyes the contents on a large stone table again, the curvy, red-haired woman asks the wiry, dark-featured templar, in sirihish:
     "...that's how much it's worth?"

At your table, you say in sirihish, nodding to the curvy, red-haired woman's question:
     "Mhmmm. How much are your hands worth? A little less. We can do a swap."

At your table, you say in sirihish, holding up her shattered wrist and paralysed hand:
     "I am in the market for replacements."

With a glance towards you, the curvy, red-haired woman says, in sirihish:
     "I was holding it for a young boy named Kit, I took him in because he was starving on the streets..and he gave me that before he left off to Luir's..and that was two years ago, and I haven't heard of him since."

His head dipping smoothly as he speaks, the wiry, dark-featured templar asks the curvy, red-haired woman, in sirihish:
     "Right. And you and Kit were working for...?"

Tipping her head a little, the curvy, red-haired woman says to the wiry, dark-featured templar, in sirihish:
     "I don't know who Kit was working for, I wasn't working for anyone. Although once in a while I offered stories to a Lord Templar...stories I hear in pubs."

Glancing sidelong to you before looking back to her, the wiry, dark-featured templar says to the curvy, red-haired woman, in sirihish:
     "Try again."

With a mild appreciation, you get your cerulean-hued beaded hairnet from your bone-studded backpack.
It is very light.

Shaking her head once, starting to sound a bit baffled now, the curvy, red-haired woman asks the wiry, dark-featured templar, in sirihish:
     "I'm afraid I'm lost, my Lord..unless I was actually working for someone that I wasn't aware of...?"

Sidelong, heaving a shoulder, the wiry, dark-featured templar says to you, in sirihish:
     "You want to step in? Because the whole being-nice-and-giving-natural-explanation-a-chance thing isn't cutting it."

The curvy, red-haired woman glances between the wiry, dark-featured templar and you, eyebrows arching up slowly in confusion.

At your table, you say in sirihish, offering as she turns your cerulean-hued beaded hairnet over for her eyes to examine:
     "Pearl. As my fellow Blue has requested - try again. While you may not personally see the issue with 'holding' contraband for some child you found..."
     "There are many of us over here in reality who are wondering exactly why we are to let you away with the crimes of carrying contraband, consorting with known criminals and just being plain foolish?"

Her eyebrows threatening to disappear into her hairline now, the curvy, red-haired woman asks you, in sirihish:
     "...known criminals, my Lady?"

You notice: Nervousness all gone now, the curvy, red-haired woman's face appears to be just a complete canvas of confusion at the question.

At your table, you say in sirihish, almost disappointed in the curvy, red-haired woman:
     "Kit certainly sounds like an upstanding Citizen of His Shadow. Ignoring that lapse of judgment, why did the Labyrinthi approach you and offer to mark you for dead in public like that?"

Shaking her head, the curvy, red-haired woman says to you, in sirihish:
     "The Lord Tor asked me the same question, I -honestly- do -not- know, my Lady. I don't associate myself with the gemmers, the rinthis, the northerners as such."

Taking his turn to keep silent, the wiry, dark-featured templar folds his arms lightly over his chest for the briefest of moments before they unfurl, reaching for one of the pile-o-picks on the table.

Turning it over in his hand, the wiry, dark-featured templar gets his heavy-gauge bone pick from a large stone table.

At your table, you say in sirihish, peering at the curvy, red-haired woman:
     "Perhaps you should give it some serious thought. Who did the Labyrinthi tell you to approach?"

Chewing lightly on her bottom lip before responding, the curvy, red-haired woman says to you, in sirihish:
     "...some Za...something..I don't know, the tavern was noisy as well, I couldn't even hear properly and I was talking to some Salarri at the time."

Murmuring to herself, the curvy, red-haired woman asks, in sirihish:
     "...Zabur? Za...something..Zahur?"

At your table, you say in sirihish, less than impressed:
     ""Some Salarri". Try remembering."

Sighing, the curvy, red-haired woman says to you, in sirihish:
     "A Salarri, my  Lady, she's got a purple tattoo around her neck. The Lord Tor was there, he said someone was stalking after her, blonde lass with a reasonably healthy amount of fat on herself."

Helplessly, the curvy, red-haired woman says to you, in sirihish:
     "I never got around to ask her for her name though..before the Lord Tor summoned me for questioning as well."

The wiry, dark-featured templar keeps his heavy-gauge bone pick clutched in his palm, his eyes returning to the curvy, red-haired woman - though his gaze darts between her and you as the conversation shifts.

At your table, you say in sirihish, aside to the wiry, dark-featured templar:
     "What was the sharp's name you mentioned to me last week?"

At your table, the wiry, dark-featured templar says in sirihish, giving his shoulders a lithe heft, smirking a touch at you:
     "I can't possibly remember. I was talking to you at the time, and then the Lady Oash dragged me off... "

At your table, you say in sirihish, prompting the wiry, dark-featured templar:
     "Zhir."

At your table, the wiry, dark-featured templar says in sirihish, nodding sharply in return to you:
     "Zhir, indeed."

Her eyes widening as she looks to you, the curvy, red-haired woman says to you, in sirihish:
     "I think that's the name, my Lady."

At your table, you say in sirihish, reaching into your bone-studded backpack:
     "Now isn't that interesting. You like dealing with sharps Pearl?"

Almost immediately, her brows creasing at the question, the curvy, red-haired woman says to you, in sirihish:
     "Shit no..I mean..no my Lady. I won't even go near one."

You notice: Under the curvy, red-haired woman's constrained voice, a touch of indignance creeps through.

At your table, you say in sirihish, setting out your back-laced, cerulean silk bodice to look over:
     "Marks you as a pawn. I recommend, Pearl, that you go out there and try and find out a few things for us."

Quietly, the curvy, red-haired woman says, in sirihish:
     "As you wish, my Lady Templar."

At your table, you say in sirihish, beginning to stick the clothing away in your bone-studded backpack:
     "I do not know about you, but breaking homes is much easier when His Templarate are not so worried about you."
     "Perhaps see what you can do for us that will draw our attention away. It might work out very well for you, if you are smart."

At your table, the wiry, dark-featured templar says in sirihish, murmuring calmly and contentedly:
     "It seems like an idea, to be sure."

You put your tiny tooled leather pouch into your bone-studded backpack.

In an even smaller tone of voice now, the curvy, red-haired woman says to you, in sirihish:
     "I will do everything I can for the Highlord and His Templarate."

At your table, you say in sirihish, leaning over and dumping your bone-studded backpack before the curvy, red-haired woman:
     "As is wise."

The curvy, red-haired woman catches hold of her bone-studded backpack, tugging it close against herself whilst glancing between the two templars.

At your table, you say in sirihish, pleasantly enough to the wiry, dark-featured templar:
     "Anything to add Lord Templar?"

At your table, the wiry, dark-featured templar says in sirihish, giving his head a little toss:
     "Not that I can think of, really."

You say in sirihish, turning her eyes back to the curvy, red-haired woman:
     "That will be all. His Shadow guide you... and stay in touch."

The wiry, dark-featured templar says in sirihish, adding calmly:
     "Close. Touch."

Holding her bone-studded backpack close against herself, the curvy, red-haired woman merely bends in a deep bow towards you and the wiry, dark-featured templar before edging towards the curtains.

Turning back to you and the wiry, dark-featured templar again, the curvy, red-haired woman says, in sirihish:
     "His Shadow bless you both, my Lord and Lady Templar."

Tugging it open, the curvy, red-haired woman opens the curtains.

Drawing it shut behind her, the curvy, red-haired woman walks south.

The curvy, red-haired woman closes the curtains from the other side.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

October 14, 2014, 01:59:16 PM #2 Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 05:45:43 PM by Adhira
Descending Sun, Year 69 of the 21st Age
At your table, the night-tressed, murfa-eyed woman says in sirihish:
    "When I was talkin' with Lord Templar about it, I realized it was kinda like the story Saphris told me about when he met Kit."
    "Kit, as in the friend of Pearl's who also worked for Lexie."
    "Saphris told me that him and Kit were sittin' at the bar in Red's when they first met, and all of a sudden he started feelin' seriously hot for Kit.  Guy turned redder than a ginka when he told me about it.  He wasn't what you'd call hotblooded."
    "He thought that Kit was the mindbender, but Kit vanished off the face of the fuckin' known when the gypsies supposedly gave him a lift out of town."

At your table, the night-tressed, murfa-eyed woman says in sirihish, shrugging:
    "Likely they killed Kit when they realized he wouldn't be useful to them anymore."

The serpentine braided templar frowns, then suddenly winces and clutches her head.

"Eugh. Hard crash... krentakh... long story. Anyway, how sure are you on this? Has something happened recently?"

At your table, the night-tressed, murfa-eyed woman says in sirihish:
    "Pearl pulled another one of her vanishin' acts right after I told Lord Templar about that.  Which was right about the same time he had one in his head.  Right after that happened, I don't think she was seen around town again."
    "And what if it is her, and she knows about what I told Lord Templar Fale somehow?"
    "If she knows, then Lexie probably knows."

At your table, you say in sirihish, pondering:
    "Pearl... or Lexie. Neither are far from it."

At your table, the night-tressed, murfa-eyed woman says in sirihish, wringing her hands:
    "Saphris told me that Lexie hates me, that as far as he's concerned, I'm competition."
    "Everything that Saphris told me... Lexie's a fuckin' psychopath."
    "Saphris said that Lexie claims to have them -everywhere-."
    "He's real good at sniffin' out folks who are easily manipulated."
    "I didn't fall for his shit the first time I met him.  I'm sure that don't help my case none."

The brutish, hard-featured templar's mouth turns down at the corner, his hand sweeping his green glass brandy snifter away to the edge of the table.

"Validos cut a deal with the Muark over this, to sell him spice and give him money and they would not be exiled."

At your table, the brutish, hard-featured templar says in sirihish, smirking:
    "Sell him spice. Real upstanding sort, Validos... a fucking idiot."

At your table, you say in tatlum: continuing:
    "I started to deal with the Muark around this time. Muark supported Validos, to the point of putting me in danger - and mostly because I supported punishing the Muark right to their faces."

"I then happened to kill a gwoshi in the arena. I drew some serious heat from the Muark over this - I was ignorant at the time. But through Spirit, I was already well aware of Lexie and their assassin Aarif."

"Long story short, I impressed Aarif with my ability to tolerate and respect their culture and provide a solid and reliable base of diplomacy for the Muark to work with."
    "To the point they offered to solve the Validos problem."

The serpentine braided templar gives a quiet chuckle as she says that.

"Things got good - eventually Muark made amends for Lexie. I got ah... twenty large and one small of huge sacks of flour to remove his exile."
    "Which seemed fair to me. The Muark were actively helping us and Aarif, once he respects you, is worthy of respect in turn. I say that without shame, he had some integrity."
    "Then over time, Aarif pulled back, troubles in love, troubles in life. Aarif was no fan of Lexie's and Lexie only started showing up with Aarif out of the way."

Pausing for a drink, you sip from your wide-bellied glass snifter.
This tastes like ordinary brandy.

"To sum up Lexie? Arrogant, snakelike and clever."
    "He had not learnt a thing and he was back on the political map with a mind full of schemes. It was different this time. He was running up against myself and Lord Templar Solych."

"I get the impression this was the first time Lexie has ever had to snake with people who are smarter than he is. So ah, when I caught Lexie recruiting for the Guild..."
    "... as well as recruiting psionicists out of House Tor and wooing them to his side... and also having put the same Pearl I mentioned earlier, who is a psionicist, into House Kurac as a spy to find more psionicists..."

You recall:
**** Descending Sun, Year 69 of the 21st Age
You send a telepathic message to the amber-eyed man:
    "You know anything about a Pearl? One of Lexie's."

The amber-eyed man sends you a telepathic message:
    "He said she might have a lead on the psi that was using Luir's for a while."

"... wait, what? Have you met her?"

"No, not yet.  I haven't successfully been able to find her mind."

"Red headed woman. Handy with picks. I have met her, indeed."

"I might know someone who fits that description."

"You do?"

"What's our interest in her?"

"She's the 'bender."

"...We know this for a fact?  It seems highly unlikely."

"I was wondering why my previous lead was sketchy. Now I know. Yes, fact."
    "Why does it seem unlikely?"

"This person has done nothing to demonstrate any ability, knowledge, power, or agenda of any kind, which I suppose could easily enough be written off as exactly what is to be expected."

"Let me put it like this. Is the woman in question somewhat simple, body rather shapely and unwilling to really be... cogent?"

"The only part of that description which sounds accurate is the shapely physique."
    "It is possible we are dealing with two persons of similar appearance."

"Hmm. Possibly not her specifically, but she's the one you want - Pearl. Who's this other woman?"

"I would just as soon keep that to myself until I find out whether or not she is Pearl.  She will be honest with me."

"Kankshit, she'll vanish like the last time if it's her. You don't know what you're dealing with here."

"Then I will need to utilize a less direct method of discovery."

"I get the feeling you don't trust me on this."

"I do not wish to.  It complicates things considerably."

"Could be her, could not be. It seems she has resurfaced. Last information was placing her as a trader as some sort of source of who the 'bender was. She's not a merchant or anything is she?"

"She claimed a mercantile background.  Lexie said, after all, that she had a lead on who the bender was."

"If it's her, you just got saved from a major betrayal like how Lexie struck His Arm. If not, we move on the real one."
    "For your sake, I hope you I'm not right."

"There will be no consequence for me except the end of a congenial acquaintance, if you are."

"*she laughs* What, betrayal does not bother you?"

"I just said it did, albeit in couched and gentle terms.  It is not so stinging, when it is in response to an earlier, unspoken betrayal of trust."
    "Nothing bothers you, Lyvren.  That does not mean the rest of us are not capable of -acting- like it."

"... wait... you're personally invested, aren't you?"
    "I thought your responses seemed off kilter."

"Not so invested as to be unreasonable."

"Seriously? Be careful, all right?"
    "If anything I have said seems to nag at you, trust your instincts."

"He believed himself ahead of the game anyway. Once the 'bender in Tor was tossed on the pile, Solych and I knew we had some more work to do."
    "To Lexie's chagrin, I talked him into a murder setup and -he- brought the wine. Krath, he didn't think he could be outtalked until he met me..."

You recall:
**** The Week After Asil and Lyvren discuss Pearl, Descending Sun, Year 69 of the 21st Age
Your new objective is:
Eliminate Lexie and Pearl

You contact the dapper, sharp-featured man with the Way.

"And all is well with you this week? How are you?"

The dapper, sharp-featured man sends you a telepathic message:
    "I would be faring better if I can be permitted to bask in your presence, Lady Templar. Unfortunately, my family and elders are discussing the disappearance of a prala with me currently."

"Is everything well with you?"

"Mhmm, none too bad. Then who of the Muark are here in His City?"

"I'm with pena Nani. The situation is... quite sensitive. With your indulgence, may I arrange a meeting with you next week once I have all the information? I could not find you earlier, so had to book an appointment with Lord Templar Fale instead."

"Of course - I would prefer it this week, if only because I have my gift for you and the Muark."
    "And we never seem to cross into each other."

"Once my report with my elder concludes, and they won't summon me for further inquiry, I'd be most delighted to be at your pleasure."
    "Should it not be possible, would next week this time suffice? Or I can ask pena Nani to visit you?"

"Both, if possible, I would prefer you, if only to meet the man *she laughs*"

"Then I shall haste my report with my family, and find you promptly, Lady Templar."

"Excellent. Let me know, and His Shadow."

"Sweet Water."

You sense a foreign presence withdraw from your mind.

You think:
    "Time to prepare."

~~~ Lyvren and Solych discuss strategy and setup the ambush place ~~~

"Bringing him now."

With a sudden gasp and a hand reaching up to cup the beaded fringe of her veil, the short female wearing a gauzy white veil asks, in tribal-accented sirihish:
    "Crack a wife?"

Making her way over to a desert-red wagon, you say, in sirihish:
    "Can't say I have cracked many wives, no."

You enter a desert-red wagon.
A Slim Boarding Plank [W, Leave, Save]
  Long ropes of tightly-ravelled animal skins provide the only entryway
to the caravan, easily hefting up the unthinkably heavy stone boarding
plank.  The slab of solid rock is weatherworn and most likely red sandstone.
As the plank is raised to shelter the interior of the wagon, it allows for a
dual purpose of protecting the backside of the enormous mobile object.  Bone
and chitin hooks hang from the ceiling to aid in the strenuous lifting and
moving of objects within the wagon.  A wide doorway blocks movement to the
west, its door comically misshapen to allow larger objects to fit through.  
The dour-eyed, well-muscled man stands rigid here, gaze roving around.
The dapper, sharp-featured man has entered a desert-red wagon.
The rough, brown-haired woman has entered a desert-red wagon.
The short female wearing a gauzy white veil has entered a desert-red wagon.
The half-giant soldier has entered a desert-red wagon.

"Execution or capture?"

"Your call."
    "I think a capture can be done."
    "Safer for us in the long run."

"Pfffnnh. Alright, capture it is, then. I've already penned a report for Eligeth."

Moving up to the dour-eyed, well-muscled man, you say, in sirihish:
    "Two esteemed guests, soldier."

Speaking softly from behind, as to not interrupt, the short female wearing a gauzy white veil says to you, in tribal-accented sirihish:
    "It is not a pastime of youfs, Lady Templar? If it was, I would ask how you wy it."

Aside to the dapper, sharp-featured man and the short female wearing a gauzy white veil, you say, in sirihish:
    "It's a bit cramped at times but I have cleaned it up. Something of a small logistics wagon."

The dour-eyed, well-muscled man opens the door.
The dour-eyed, well-muscled man steps aside, allowing you to pass.

A Cluttered Wagon Hold [E, U, Save]
  A capacious net constructed of leather and burlap mesh hangs from the
ceiling, above a few assorted wooden crates and chests.  A long, woven-vine
strap is attached to the southern wall, its obvious intention to hold
barrels steady amidst the shaking of the wagon.  Opposite that, on the
southern wall, half a dozen bone and hide handholds are situated at varying
heights above the ground.  The rectangular tiles of dark red sandstone that
make up the floor are an easy match to the simple, tan-painted walls of the
hold.  
A long yellowed-bone bin sits here, giant-hair ropes tying it securely to one of the walls.
A simple wooden chest sits in a corner, the lid of it scarred and marred.
A few tall, narrow wooden kegs have been hung up here, dangling from rope tied to their bone hooks.
The stumpy, wide half-giant stands beside the door here.
The dapper, sharp-featured man has arrived from the east.
The rough, brown-haired woman has arrived from the east.
The short female wearing a gauzy white veil has arrived from the east.
The half-giant soldier has arrived from the east.
The dour-eyed, well-muscled man closes the door from the other side.

The dapper, sharp-featured man rests the short female wearing a gauzy white veil's hand on the crock of his arm gently as he keeps his stride two steps behind you.

Waving to the hold, on the way to the stairs, you say, in sirihish:
    "You've got your generic hold... oh, no, not a pasttime. I'm more of an izdari player."
    "One of the first Muark I met gave me a board."

A Tiny Cabin [N, W, D, Save]
  A simple bone shelf hangs on the eastern wall, just to the side of the
hefty sandstone staircase that leads up from the cargo hold.  The floor
levels off to allow passage through a blocky doorway to the north, into a
wider portion of the wagon.  A slight discoloration appears in the stone
below the shelf, taking up a sizeable portion of the wall.  Assorted lengths
of giant-hair rope and leather whips drape down from a rack on the opposite
wall, each covered with a slight layer of dust.  
Taking up almost an entire portion of the western wall, a beige stone tower shield has been hung up in decoration here.
Sitting on a long, bleached-bone shelf, in a row with other trophies and curiosities, an enormous mekillot head glares across the tiny cabin.
A black-moon patterned, jade cotton rug covers almost the entire floor of the cabin, going so far as it almost climbs up the walls.
A large obsidian bin looms here.
The dapper, sharp-featured man has arrived from below.
The rough, brown-haired woman has arrived from below.
The short female wearing a gauzy white veil has arrived from below.
The half-giant soldier has arrived from below.

"He has a guard too, just so you know."

"Fuck's sake. This just gets better and better."

The short female wearing a gauzy white veil's attention remains almost solidly upon you, though not in a profound or piercing way; she maintains a steady gaze, mostly upon the mouth as the other woman speaks.

Leading her way into the cabin, you say, in sirihish:
    "So this here was all set up by Lord Templar Validos Fale..."

"He will hopefully come willingly. If he does not, he is resisting arrest and we put him down."

Waving a hand towards a long, bleached-bone shelf, you say, in sirihish:
    "Trophies and the like."

"Coming in now. Have the guard close the door behind us."

Uttering a soft snicker, the dapper, sharp-featured man says to you, in tribal-accented sirihish:
    "Lord Templar Solych Fale did mention his cousin's impressive display."

The serpentine braided templar blinks, lifting a hand to her temple.

Cheerily, the dapper, sharp-featured man asks the short female wearing a gauzy white veil, in tribal-accented sirihish:
    "Quite a collection, ni?"

"Ready."

Sighing, you say, in sirihish:
    "Apparently somebody needs the Gem. Too busy for that... so anyway, sitting room through here."

You open the door.

A Scant Sitting Room [E, Quit, Save]
   This scant room is larger and slightly darker then the cabin, lit only
by the torches contained in the blackened bone holders set into each wall.
Unlike the rest of the wagon, the walls in this room are painted a milky
greyish color that blends with the dark black of the tooled leather couch
pushed up to the western wall.  The floor of this room is carpetted with a
plush, smooth fabric that allows for a higher level of comfort then the
stone outside the chamber. 
Having been nailed up to the wall, a glass paned case displays an expensive minature landscape, holding curious rocky beetles that clack now and again.
A dusty bone-studded backpack lies here.
A couple of large bags are here.
An empty small bone keg is here .
Next to an embossed leather couch, a leather-covered, gilt-armed easy chair has been placed into one corner of the room.
A small, round stone table is here sits here off to one side.
A sanded bone-framed bed looms in a corner here, it's coverlet an inviting crochet of white and tan.
An embossed plain clay cask sits by the table here.
A piece of dark cloth lies here, formed into a bag.
The wiry, dark-featured templar loiters on one side of the door here.
The half-giant soldier loiters near the door here.
The dapper, sharp-featured man has arrived from the east.
The rough, brown-haired woman has arrived from the east.
The short female wearing a gauzy white veil has arrived from the east.
The half-giant soldier has arrived from the east.

The wiry, dark-featured templar gives the half-giant soldier an order.
The half-giant soldier closes the door behind the new arrivals.

The short female wearing a gauzy white veil nods gently aside to the dapper, sharp-featured man in silent agreement as she moves in, trailing a half-step behind.

The dapper, sharp-featured man bends smoothly at his waist in a respectful bow to the wiry, dark-featured templar.

The wiry, dark-featured templar glances up from the half-giant soldier, drumming his fingertips on his thinly-armoured arms.

The serpentine braided templar blinks, looking to the wiry, dark-featured templar.

Offering an easygoing, short-lived smile and a nod, the wiry, dark-featured templar looks at the dapper, sharp-featured man.

You say to the dapper, sharp-featured man, in sirihish:
     "I suppose the Lord Templar is here."

Straightening from the formality, the dapper, sharp-featured man says to the wiry, dark-featured templar, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "If you are the gift Lady Templar Oash mentioned, Lord Templar, then I'm most... impressed with my luck."

Pointing to her chest, you say to the wiry, dark-featured templar, in sirihish:
     "I thought I had the wagon scheduled - diplomatic meeting."

Ahing softly, assuming a faintly tragic expression, the dapper, sharp-featured man says to the short female wearing a gauzy white veil, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "I knew I was too lucky..."

Loosing a low chuckle as he peeks back toward the group, the wiry, dark-featured templar says, in sirihish:
     "Ahhh, tsk, I'm afraid not. I'm no manner of gift for anyone, I'm afraid. Too gamey and un-fun."

"Your move. You know more."

The short female wearing a gauzy white veil exhales a breathy laugh at the dapper, sharp-featured man's act and then bows herself in a measured and easy way in recognition of the wiry, dark-featured templar.

look on table
On a small, round stone table (here) :
an empty etched-crystal decanter
an empty rose-colored ceramic wine bottle
a woven, gizhat-hair belt pouch
a nodular, dark brown mushroom
a Kruth card: the Stone of Truth
a perfectly shaped onyx sphere
a bone-handled obsidian longknife
an empty dark-tinted azure bottle
a dark glass jug
an unlit sweetly-scented candle
a spiral-glazed goblet drum
a slim-necked bottle
an empty etched, obsidian goblet

Giving a slow inhalation before he speaks, tone quiet and calm, the wiry, dark-featured templar says to the dapper, sharp-featured man, in sirihish:
     "The reason I'm here, I'm afraid, is far less coincidental and far more of the dealing-with-a-problem variety."

Pausing, on her way to a small, round stone table to check some glasses, you say, in sirihish:
     "... come on Solych. He's clear."

Resuming a solemn expression as he straightens, the dapper, sharp-featured man says to the wiry, dark-featured templar, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "Of course, Lord Templar, if there's anything at all I can assist with, please let me know."

Pushing off of his lean against the wall entirely, wetting his lips with a quick swipe of tongue, the wiry, dark-featured templar says to the dapper, sharp-featured man, in sirihish:
     "Of course, of course. You've been implicated in assisting a mindworm with escaping from His Judgment, which is, mmmn... treason."

The short female wearing a gauzy white veil looks from speaker to speaker, pale, bright gaze catching upon their mouths.

You exclaim, in <b><b>tatlum</b></b>, reacting swiftly to what's been said, looking up from the table and to the door:
     "By the might of Tektolnes, erect a wall of sand on these premises!"

Uttering in an archaic tongue, the serpentine braided templar lifts a hand towards the door, which suddenly covers itself with a thick wall of sand.

Blinking slowly, the dapper, sharp-featured man asks the wiry, dark-featured templar, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "Lord Templar, I believe there is a definite misunderstanding there. If I may have your indulgence to explain?"

Lifting a staying hand toward you, the wiry, dark-featured templar says to the dapper, sharp-featured man, in sirihish:
     "... and I'd like to hear any kind of, ah, explanation or what-not you might have regarding that. Yes, of course, of course. I'm all ears."

The dapper, sharp-featured man says to the wiry, dark-featured templar, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "I was about to tell you everything before, I believe I had informed you of the matter, unfortunately, I see... I was a little late."

Dipping his head nonchalantly toward the wall of glimmering sand that comes into being over the doorway, the wiry, dark-featured templar says, in sirihish:
     "Not like I don't have some time to kill regardless, now. You had informed me a -smidge- but these are grave accusations."

Crossing her arms under her chest, you say to the dapper, sharp-featured man, in sirihish:
     "I have to hear him out, I am sorry."

The dapper, sharp-featured man bows his head to you.

Reaching to take the short female wearing a gauzy white veil's hand into his own, the dapper, sharp-featured man says to the wiry, dark-featured templar, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "I was not sure, Lord Templar. As I had mentioned, I had suspicion, but I could not bring it against a full Cadet of Tor."

Giving his head a simple and calm dip of aquiescence, the wiry, dark-featured templar says to the dapper, sharp-featured man, in sirihish:
     "Of course. That much you'd made clear, though you didn't mention the who or the what."

Looking to the short female wearing a gauzy white veil and the rough, brown-haired woman, you ask, in sirihish:
     "Would you both mind just stepping back and giving Lexie some room thank you?"

Pressing a hand to his chest, the dapper, sharp-featured man says to the wiry, dark-featured templar, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "I do apologise, I was, unfortunately, at a loss. It was a grave accusation, not one I dare to make lightly."

To the two women, you say, in sirihish:
     "This is obviously not about either of you and I am sorry about this."

The short female wearing a gauzy white veil lowers her hand from the dapper, sharp-featured man and takes a small step away from him, yielding to you.

The dapper, sharp-featured man says to the wiry, dark-featured templar, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "There was, is, another mind bender, and I could not be certain of their identity, who is working with a nilazi. I wasn't sure if the Cadet in question is the same person."

Releasing the short female wearing a gauzy white veil's hand, the dapper, sharp-featured man says to the wiry, dark-featured templar, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "On that same week, my contact who could confirm the identity, and whether the cadet is indeed a mind bender was murdered."

Giving his head a few small dips, fingertips drumming on his forearm, the wiry, dark-featured templar asks the dapper, sharp-featured man, in sirihish:
     "And who was that, then?"

The serpentine braided templar frowns, looking between the wiry, dark-featured templar and the dapper, sharp-featured man.

With a turn of his wrist, the dapper, sharp-featured man says to the wiry, dark-featured templar, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "Ani, who the cadet had approached before for information. At the time, my plan was to let him tell me the entire story, so I may deliver him and the nilazi cohort to you. But it was his words against mine, so I..."
     "... had to consult my elders on how to proceed. I'd never dream of making a false accusation, you understand, Lord Templar, against an esteemed member of a noble House."

Squinting, you say to the dapper, sharp-featured man, in sirihish:
     "No, that doesn't fit."

Pivoting neatly on his heels, the dapper, sharp-featured man says to you, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "I don't know your story, Lady Templar. But I have the names and the story."

Shaking her head, you say to the dapper, sharp-featured man, in sirihish:
     "They are not one in the same."

You recalled:
**** Descending Sun, Year 65 of the 21st Age
The slim, argent-streaked woman says to you, in sirihish:
     "Lexie is the real talker. I mean incredibly so, he can turn almost anything and make it completely believable with supporting evidence and anything."

Slowly pursing his lips in thought, the wiry, dark-featured templar says to the dapper, sharp-featured man, in sirihish:
     "So your sole corroboration is dead, then? And just happened to be a nobody commoner."

Sighing softly, the dapper, sharp-featured man says to the wiry, dark-featured templar, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "She went to meet the nilazi in order to acquire Reign, they were both involved with the Guild."

The short female wearing a gauzy white veil relinquishes her attention upon the conversation for a single breath and reaches up to sweep her fingers across her veiled brow.

Dipping her head, you say, in sirihish:
     "That's a little better."

Blinking slowly, the dapper, sharp-featured man says to you, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "I had only flimsy information, so I was waiting to meet with the Lord Templar and present my information... ah, next week."

Sidelong, dipping his head once, the wiry, dark-featured templar says to you, in sirihish:
     "That much is true."

"He approached one of Tasok's and tried to recruit her to the Guild, using Guild phrases and everything."

The short female wearing a gauzy white veil moves closer to the rough, brown-haired woman and returns to stalking each speaker's mouth with her shrouded gaze.

With a helpless spread of his hands, the dapper, sharp-featured man says to the wiry, dark-featured templar, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "I do apologise for the misunderstanding, if there's anything I can do to remedy the issue, and any sincerity of proof I can demonstrate, please command me."

"He who?"

"Lexie."

Appending, the dapper, sharp-featured man says to you, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "I heard Ani was working with you to get Vok. "
     "But, sadly, Vok and someone else? Was working for the nilazi."

Tilting her head, you say to the dapper, sharp-featured man, in sirihish:
     "I am not surprised."

"That I have no idea about. I'm beginning to believe his innocence on this matter, if he's telling the truth, but still - he is an absolute snake."

"Also, Pearl."

With a raising and falling of his shoulders, the dapper, sharp-featured man says to you, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "I found it was far beyond my control, so I was about to tell His Templarate - do forgive my speed, I was... concerned."

"That I am aware of. And I believe he's aware of what she is, too."

"No Lexie. Let's get a few things clear."

"I wasn't sure how to begin or tell you what I know, Lord Templar. Please accept my most sincere apology."

"You are letting these events continue without word so you can angle things better for you and the Muark."

The wiry, dark-featured templar gives his head a shallow dip toward the dapper, sharp-featured man, then another after you speaks.

"Which is understandable, but it does not make you a tireless informant of His Shadow. It makes you an opportunist with no respect for us."

Bowing his head, the dapper, sharp-featured man says to you, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "I can only beg for forgiveness for this transgress, I merely wish to come out alive. Please tell me the price of my mistake, and give me a chance to redeem myself in your eyes."

None too pleased, you say to the dapper, sharp-featured man, in sirihish:
     "You are the man who tore apart my Unit with lies and betrayal. I have soldiers who remember you and hate you."

The wiry, dark-featured templar remains silent for this time, his hands clasped loosely behind his back.

The dapper, sharp-featured man says to you, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "... ah, I believe that is another misunderstanding."

"Soldiers who are scared to sleep at night with you walking His Streets because they fear what you'll do to them. No, shut up."

Smoothly dropping onto his knee, the dapper, sharp-featured man says to the wiry, dark-featured templar, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "Lord Templar, please forgive me."

Simply and quietly, the wiry, dark-featured templar says, in sirihish:
     "Let your better speak."

Pointing to herself, you say to the dapper, sharp-featured man, in sirihish:
     "I have a lot of respect for the Tan Muark, rightly or wrongly. If you were anybody less clever and less smooth, you'd be dead for your crimes, don't think I don't know that."

The dapper, sharp-featured man remains on his knee, and studies the ground before your feet.
The dapper, sharp-featured man does bow his head even lower, the very image of a man repenting sins of the past.

"I, and the Lord Templar, are willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. But we want to be treated with some respect. Get up. Don't try this meek shit with us, it's not sincere."

The short female wearing a gauzy white veil looks to each voice as it speaks, solemn and perplexed, before she finally lowers her gaze to the dapper, sharp-featured man prostrate before you.

Taking a deep breath, you say to the dapper, sharp-featured man, in sirihish:
     "Firstly, you have knives after you for you trying to recruit a Salarri to the Guild."

Still, the wiry, dark-featured templar remains silent, his cobalt gaze flickering from you to the dapper, sharp-featured man and ack.

"So if it wasn't this snake of a play with the 'benders, it was some ridiculous Labyrinth manipulation we've been all over since you've started."

"Well done, you've pissed off House Salarr. You may even put the gwoshi at risk again if they see fit to tear up the no-hunting agreement."

"Secondly, we know about Pearl. We know you know about Pearl. If she is not surrendered to His Justice, bad things will happen."

Echoing you with a patter of fingers on his elbow, the wiry, dark-featured templar says, in sirihish:
     "Very bad."

The dapper, sharp-featured man remains on one knee, still with his head bowed, and nodding between the intervals of the speech.

Showing a palm, you say to the dapper, sharp-featured man, in sirihish:
     "You can speak now."

Breathing out a sigh, the dapper, sharp-featured man asks you, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "What of Pearl, Lady Templar?"

Patiently, you say to the dapper, sharp-featured man, in sirihish:
     "Do not make me repeat myself please. We know. We know you know."

His gaze remaining on the ground, the dapper, sharp-featured man says to you, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "If it is that accusation, then I have heard. I have killed no less than five mind benders, and some with the assistance of His Templarate. If she indeed is one, then I will kill her to prove my innocence.

Simply, you say to the dapper, sharp-featured man, in sirihish:
     "I did not even say 'bender. Again, well done."

The short female wearing a gauzy white veil lifts a hand to her face and clasps her fingers, settling the knuckles against the exposed curve of her chin.

Blinking slowly, the dapper, sharp-featured man says to you, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "If you will forgive me, Lady Templar, there are many whispered names presently on who they are. She was just one of them. Even His Militia has been implicated. I can only confess I realized my mistake too late - I did wish to confess everything to Lord Templar."

The wall of sand to the east collapses and crumbles to the ground.

The dapper, sharp-featured man does not move a finger or hair as the sands collapsed behind him.

Glancing briefly towards the door, you ask, in sirihish:
     "And how will you proceed from here Lexie?"
     "Is it going to be the endless chase of lies and manipulation with you forever more?"

Lifting his chin, the dapper, sharp-featured man says to you, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "She's in Kurac."

"I know."

With a spread of his hands to either side of himself helpless, the dapper, sharp-featured man says to you, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "I did not know until she used me."

Simply, wetting his lips with a quick swipe of tongue, the wiry, dark-featured templar asks the dapper, sharp-featured man, in sirihish:
     "The question is, can you get her? And will that be the end of the deception and the withheld truths?"

Exhaling, you say to the dapper, sharp-featured man, in sirihish:
     "Let me put it like this - Lexie, Pearl was the first criminal that Solych and I worked together on. And her story was kankshit then. Woven in with all sorts of implications."
     "If you didn't see it, shame on you. But you're smarter than that, possibly smarter than me. You answer the Lord Templar please."

The dapper, sharp-featured man says to you, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "... she is... pretty, with big breasts, I... didn't want to see."

Amused as she repeats, you say, in sirihish:
     "Big breasts, well. That explains -everything-."

His let of breath almost too soft to be overheard, the dapper, sharp-featured man says to you, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "... she is really, really pretty."

"I do not believe you would fall to seduction. Answer the Lord Templar please."

"I can get her from Kurac."
     "Although it would be easier if I merely have to deliver her head."

Echoing his earlier words, with even more sincerity, the dapper, sharp-featured man says to the wiry, dark-featured templar, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "I can deliver her to you, Lord Templar, and swear I'll not hesitate in approaching you again."

The short female wearing a gauzy white veil hovers near to the rough, brown-haired woman, perplexed as she looks from speaker to speaker, attention lingering upon the mouths of each.

Inhaling deeply as his gaze cuts to you, the wiry, dark-featured templar says, in sirihish:
     "... I'm willing to let him absolve himself."

Dipping her head, you say to the wiry, dark-featured templar, in sirihish:
     "As am I."

Apologetic, you say to the dapper, sharp-featured man, in sirihish:
     "This is one of the only administrations you will have in His City who doesn't hate the Tan Muark. Don't waste it."

Turning back with a succinct nod, the wiry, dark-featured templar says to the dapper, sharp-featured man, in sirihish:
     "Bring us her head and we'll consider this swept under the rug. From thereon out, it depends on how you act after. I like you, but you're clever, and you're a snake, just like me."

~~~ Later, in Lyvren's quarters ~~~

At your table, the wiry, dark-featured templar says in <b><b>tatlum</b></b>, adding on, simply:
     "You know I fucking hate when you do that. I -just- said as much."

At your table, you say in <b><b>tatlum</b></b>:
     "You love me. You know it."
    "You should be proud of us. We both shook Lexie so hard he couldn't remember his notes."

At your table, the wiry, dark-featured templar says in <b><b>tatlum</b></b>, rolling his eyes before speaking, tone terse:
     "Indeed. We did well. If there's nothing else, I'm going to go get some rest."
    "Is there anything else, then?"

At your table, you say in <b><b>tatlum</b></b>, pushing back her chair:
     "You're grumpy."

They stand.

Crossing the small room, you say to the wiry, dark-featured templar, in <b><b>tatlum</b></b>:
     "No need to be grumpy with me. Be grumpy with those making so much fucking work for us."

Blandly, the wiry, dark-featured templar says to you, in <b><b>tatlum</b></b>:
     "I'm not grumpy with you. I'm tired. There's a difference."

Smirking, you say to the wiry, dark-featured templar, in <b><b>tatlum</b></b>:
     "Fine. No need to be tired with me then."

Rolling his eyes widely and huffing softly, the wiry, dark-featured templar says to you, in <b><b>tatlum</b></b>:
     "Oh, shush. It's just been, like I said, a long week."

Moving in close, as if to kiss the wiry, dark-featured templar, you say, in <b><b>tatlum</b></b>:
     "In case this is the final time."

The serpentine braided templar does her utmost to sneak a kiss on the wiry, dark-featured templar's lips before going to the door to unlock it.

The wiry, dark-featured templar lets this happen, and briefly, his features soften. Briefly.

At your table, you say in <b><b>tatlum</b></b>, smiling to herself:
     "I had him on his knees begging to make it right. It was amusing. I let him live, telling him to go and fix it all immediately."

At your table, you say in <b><b>tatlum</b></b>, looking away, a grin to her lips:
     "Just as he set off, I told Asil of Kurac Lexie was on the way to remove the psionicist Pearl."

You continue to recall:
**** After the meeting with Lexie
     "Any developments as regards a certain pearly individual?"

"Confirmed target. She's in Kurac."

"Fuck, shit, piss."

"How refined you are."

"How have you managed to come to this conclusion?"

"Right from the gwoshi's mouth."

"What, then, does she intend to do?"

"Irrelevant. Gwoshis are coming to get her, trying to cover it up no doubt. I advise you slay her after interrogation. If you need a 'quiet' place for such, bring her to His City."

"Well.  This could be rather bad, for them."

"They put her there. How you deal with them is your concern."
    "I am sorry I had to be right this time. His Shadow Asil."

"I judged Lexie correctly. He arrived like a hero of yore to save the day and prove his loyalty to Kurac."

At your table, you say in <b><b>tatlum</b></b>, with a so-so gesture:
     "Not so wise when you just got busted. Long story short again, he pissed off Kurac by refusing to apologise. He's exiled from Tuluk, Luir's Outpost and Allanak after all this."
     "And for the first time in the history of Lexie's schemes, Allanak did not look like the bad side. So much so Kurac stood by our decision to help them."

At your table, the brutish, hard-featured templar says in sirihish:
     "Sounds like all of his schemes finally caught up with him, everywhere, and pretty much at once."

"Correct. Killing him would have only vindicated him. He ruined himself."

"Now? The Muark want to undo their ban from Allanak. With two major betrayals from Lexie in under one decade, they are not getting off easily."
     "I would accept Lexie's head and a bag of money for His Templarate. I will be telling them that. Otherwise, and we have the Great Lord's support in this, we go for broke."

Yay thank you Adhira :D . We had some some issues with transferring it so the colours/bbcode isn't working properly but it shouldn't get in the way.

This is a self contained part 1 of the Lexie Affair, of which this log only shows part of the massive amount of RP generated around it (and that's only the RP I saw).

Yes, it does coincidentally revolve around me working with the Templar the first log was focused around me killing. Lol.

The name Twin Ouruboroi was a pretentious working title for the edit so please don't think badly of me :D

I had a very good time reading this first part of the log - the "recall/remember" parts were a nice touch. Brought back lots of memories of my own. Damn, it's already been what.. three years since these things happened?

Love these logs. I actually can recall some of the events they talk about, while most of the other logs I've read have been before my time.  :)
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Man, some of the intrigue levels you people can do makes my head hurt.

QuoteAt your table, you say in tatlum
         "Lexie of the Muark had used Senior Clerk Bixan and something-or-other Clerk Saphris as puppets and spies. They were also providing the Muark with copious amounts of heramide."

Ahhhh, good times.

Bixan set someone up for murder, just because Lexie wanted it, and in fact paid Lexie to do so (sorry, Oashi aide!). He lied about Red Fangs following a man (Byn Sargent?) out of a wagon, I think so Lexie could later set him up to manipulate or murder him. Strangely, I don't recall that he ever fed the Muark all that much AoD-only information. He certainly passed along a lot of rumors and such though—He'd lay about and Way Lexie for hours on end.

He gave the Muark not just "copious" amounts of hermaide, but down right ridiculous amounts. Lexie claimed that it was "to help sick cousins", but Bixan went ahead and asked Pip what it was. He knew it was an incredibly valuable poison. He knew he was being underpaid for it. So why do it? What could Bixan possibly get out of a manipulative gypsie? Well, he'd save up poison or coin and then once a year, around his birthday, he'd give Lexie some...oh...was it 3k? 6k? In exchange for a night with him.

Yeah, that's it. That's all the guy wanted—someone to love him. He was tragic, and rather pathetic. Everyone he really cared about died in the HRPT, and while he made friends after that, it never helped fill the loneliness.

The one thing he never did for Lexie was to betray Spirit, the resident militia assassin of the time. He knew her true name, and never gave it away. Lexie wanted Bixan to help kill Spirit—flat out said that if he didn't, Spirit would end up killing him—but Bixan couldn't do it. I'm pretty sure that Spirit IS the reason he died. I don't think she ever knew the extent of how he felt about her, though being her, she might not have cared, either.

Saphris, on the other hand, was manipulated and threatened into helping Lexie. He was a fall back for when Bixan would inevitably get murdered. To my knowledge, he never collected hermaide for the gypsies. I'm not sure how much information he gave away.

At the time of his death, Bixan had come clean to Drydek (mostly—he never told about the insane amount of hermaide he gave the gypies, dumbed the number down to merely 'copious'). Drydek had opted to not kill him. While Lexie offered Bixan an escape, Bixan didn't trust him enough to take him up on it. He cut contact with Lexie and set about trying to redeem himself... Unfortunately, Validos, who was not so forgiving, got wind of things and that was that.

And yes while this is all detailed information, none of it should be IC, as this was some 4 RL years ago. Everyone's dead and gone!
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

I knew two of these people. That would be Solych and Lyvren. I only really interacted with them as a shithead AoD Private and a shithead ex-AoD Private.

I think I remember helping Bixan cook huge amounts of gortok meat. Good times.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

That is correct. Saphris never wanted to be a traitor. He was just timid, weak-willed, and pining for Kit (who probably never cared for him anyway.) Lexie's threats terrified him. He never gave any poison to Lexie--just information--and I don't think any of it was particularly sensitive, but he was definitely a spy and being groomed to be Bixan's replacement. But even though he and Bixan were both spies for Lexie, they never became cohorts. They didn't trust each other enough. Perhaps they would have lasted longer if they had.

Clerk Saphris (he did in fact make it to full Clerk) was not actually executed, as Bixan was. He was whisked away to Luir's and received the deadly mdesc and sdesc change. He was caught and died to a gith as he was being escorted back to Allanak, which was probably a mercy compared to what Validos Fale would have done to him.

I really had an amazing time with that character (my first) and with all the intrigue surrounding him. It really showed me what Arm is about, and how to participate in a great story without needing to use coded skills.

Having played in the Tan Muark at the time, it's pretty awesome to see the Templarate side of the backlash caused by Lexie's web of lies and deceit.  Lexie had them eating out of the palm of his hand, even when they cornered him like that.  I also liked how they thought of Aarif as the assassin (which he was...and an absurdly dangerous one at that) but Lexie was also equally dangerous at that trade, if not more so.

Ahh. I was freaking out in that scene; Lyvren was such a beast! The shit Lex got the TM into was astounding. Shoulda stuck with Nasnan. Damn babies and real life taking me away from Arm.

Maybe I can find my log and giggle about the thinks I was spouting off while waiting for my days old character to be axed because of Lexie being... Lexie.

Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Another one of these logs where my character knew everyone involved, yet he himself was barely involved at all.

At least I knew what was going on, more or less. Lot more details in here that I didn't know, though.  :o
Alea iacta est

What a great log. Sometimes is really awesome to get to see some of the stuff Templars get up to, especially with other templars.

Also Kudos to Lexie for being able to play such a smooth, clever fiend. My...Oashi Aide never saw her death coming. Not even close.
She just would never have thought this guy would just up and kill someone. Shows what she knew.

Only wish I knew why heh. A tale for another day. Was cool seeing some names I actually knew here though. Long ago.

Things this log taught me:

Don't hire bitches,

Fireball all gypsies.

Looking forward to Part 2.

Lyvren was definitely an interesting character. highly paranoid and neurotic. She'd have me stand in the room with dangerous people while she waits.

I miss those days. If anyone has a log with Saphris in it I would really appreciate seeing it. I lost all of my old logs.

October 15, 2014, 11:58:36 PM #20 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 03:45:17 AM by Taven
Quote from: Valeric on October 15, 2014, 07:43:20 PM
What a great log. Sometimes is really awesome to get to see some of the stuff Templars get up to, especially with other templars.

Also Kudos to Lexie for being able to play such a smooth, clever fiend. My...Oashi Aide never saw her death coming. Not even close.
She just would never have thought this guy would just up and kill someone. Shows what she knew.

Only wish I knew why heh. A tale for another day. Was cool seeing some names I actually knew here though. Long ago.

Lexie thought that Miko would become a threat. His original estimate was that she'd be a threat in 2-3 years, but for reasons unknown he moved the time table up. I think his decision making was based on how she interacted with him. If someone could pose him problems, Lexie could be quite ruthless--I suspect he saw as nipping a potential threat in the bud. Miko was explained to Bixan as being someone who would be mainly a threat to him, not just Lexie--Which is why Bixan should pay for the assassination.

While Bixan was always very easily manipulated, there were signs that concerned him, as well. Namely, he disliked how she was getting quite close to all of the militia members. It seemed like a way she was trying to sink her claws into them. Despite this, Bixan wouldn't have ever thought it was a problem on his own, or even if he did, he never would have resorted to assassination. He had nothing personally against Miko. He felt pretty guilty, after she died, and questioned himself about it.

Nobody ever knew that Bixan was involved with this, to my knowledge, outside of Lexie, Nicci (another Tan Muark), and Kit (who helped with the clean up of the apartment).

As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Oh, that was Miko that got Lexie'd? Saphris had such a crush on her!

I really enjoyed my time with Solych. They had an interesting relationship. They were so out of touch with commoners and even nobles, being what they were, and I think, giving myself a rare compliment, we played it very well.

At one point they had a competition to sleep with the most Nobles. Another time, they competed to sleep with a particular Noble first (Portenna). Lyvren lost (iirc) but won the war, as that went on to change her life significantly. Didn't stop them both trying to groom that Noble for threesome later on, even if Lyvren had fallen into a romantic relationship with her.

... now that's all very sexual, but that's pretty much all they saw nobility as being: toys. It was really quite disgusting - it was common for me to feel Lyvren was disgusting and abhorrent as a player, and to feel bad for others because of it.

The real kicker? Lyv's biggest regret by the time she hit age 42ish, was never having the guts to ask to get knocked up by the two men that she encountered in her life she'd want to have a child by. Solych was one, they had a FWB arrangement. Icumen was another, and while they had no desire for each other, had considered asking on a contractual basis. She wanted to be a mother and to try and have something of her own that was special. Between getting old and less pretty, and missing her opportunity for a child biologically, she became so much more bitter and uncaring in her later years.

My character was one of those really pissed off about Bixan and Saphris. Their betrayal led to my character basically only trusting family after that. His mate, her brother, and his virtual family were pretty much the only ones he kept close.

That whole time with Validos and the Tan Muark was probably one of the most trying and difficult times of my character's life. It was all very fun, honestly.

Alea iacta est

Quote from: Beethoven on October 16, 2014, 12:01:13 AM
Oh, that was Miko that got Lexie'd? Saphris had such a crush on her!

How very interesting. I have to confess though I was not Miko. I was another Oash aide, Dalia. Spoke to Bixan quite a lot and considered him one of the only other aide friends she actually had.

Does this mean Bixan was not involved in killing her? If so then yay. Dalia only got involved in the world of Lexie because she wanted to find out who at the time was killing or bumping off lots of Oash aides and Oash gemmed.
So yeah...then she got bumped off. In his wagon. Right after being told an error she had made was fine. Then some random man walks in, and Lexie goes all quiet says sometihng like "What bad timing" and boom.

Probably got dumped in the desert or something was how I imagined it. And she so had an awesome thing I was saving in case she ever was attacked in her life. Boo.