6 (11.1%)
Magick stuff
15 (27.8%)
Swashbuckling adventures in the wastes
19 (35.2%)
Other (please explain(or don't))
8 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 54

I've always wanted someone to cut off the hand of one of my badass warriors so I could roleplay out a Jaimie Lannister type scenario.

But otherwise yeah, I agree with that sentiment.

Quote from: wizturbo on October 08, 2014, 07:23:25 PM
Quote from: Tetra on October 08, 2014, 07:16:34 PM

The idea of injure being a button-press method of punishing ICly will absolutely be abused, even if you enforce consequences.

My original suggestion was it is only available if a PC is completely incapacitated.  A situation where the choice is Kill <character> or Injure <character>, both being equally available.  I don't see how that would be 'abused'...you opt to hurt the character instead of murder them...  No abuse there.

I hate the idea of the code randomly doling out injuries from loss of HP.  There are many ways to lose HP, some of which are prone to causing lasting injuries, some aren't.  Having to code those nuisances would be a nightmare.

It's a simple math equation.  You would factor in the percent of damage from the enemy target relative to PC max health, with anything below a given threshold, say 20%, not applying such a roll for the injury.  You could also limit that to reeling blows.  Your idea is interesting, but it seems a little goofy for a PC to require being on the precipice of death for a mechanic like that to take effect.

We also have to consider that the person may just die before they are incapacitated, due to blood loss or other severe wounds.  The 'leniency' of injury is nullified if it requires extreme measures.  And you could say anything is more lenient than execution, but that's a relative comparison.  Every PC won't want to hack someone up to that extent, if all they intend to do is rough them up.
There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. Can you feel it?  Can you?
- Rumi

I think leave the power of permanent mutilation in the hands of the PC being mutilated. If they want to agree to have a hand chopped off, let them do that. If they don't, then the hand gets mangled but can heal over time. A debilitating crippling blow can sometimes be more difficult to play than simply starting over a new PC. I enjoy it, personally, but can see how people also wouldn't.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Honestly, its hard for me to chose - i love stories, and i love writing. I'd have to say all of them. like i've posted on other threads, im very new to Armageddon; i love intrigue and politics, both the dangerous and typical kind, i love adventure (I'm a lore hound, and adventure to me is one way to learn more about Zalanthas as a whole!), and i'd love to see the magic side of the game sometime.

So i'm going to chose other out of the simple fact: i really like roleplaying. I really have no preferance. 'geddon isn't the first place i've roleplayed, but its definitly new to me in a lot of ways, and i'm having a blast so far :)

If theres anything I do like in roleplaying, its not developing my own character, but having characters that help other characters grow, change, ect - even if its not my own characters intention. my character's story isn't just their own, it touches the story of many other peoples stories.

Quote from: Rokal on October 09, 2014, 03:56:16 PM
Honestly, its hard for me to chose - i love stories, and i love writing. I'd have to say all of them. like i've posted on other threads, im very new to Armageddon; i love intrigue and politics, both the dangerous and typical kind, i love adventure (I'm a lore hound, and adventure to me is one way to learn more about Zalanthas as a whole!), and i'd love to see the magic side of the game sometime.

So i'm going to chose other out of the simple fact: i really like roleplaying. I really have no preferance. 'geddon isn't the first place i've roleplayed, but its definitly new to me in a lot of ways, and i'm having a blast so far :)

If theres anything I do like in roleplaying, its not developing my own character, but having characters that help other characters grow, change, ect - even if its not my own characters intention. my character's story isn't just their own, it touches the story of many other peoples stories.

*warm fuzzy feelings* glad you like it stick around. And bring all your friends.   8)

on topic, I like all kinds of plots, and it encourages me to see such a nice even spread of likes on the GDB, to help fill all the niches, because you can't make and participate in all of them at once!
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

The kind where a very long and vicious enmity leads to character arcs on both sides.  This kind only arises when you can't just outright murder the opposing party.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Hey hey hey, we are sadly unrepresented in this thread by all the people who love plots about getting pretty people in their apartments!  :-[

I feel all alone!
Clothes make the man.  Naked people have little or no influence in society.
~Mark Twain

That's not a plot, that's just good fun. If you don't need to wish up to staff/file a character report on what you're gonna do, it's not a plot imo.

I like to think of my character's relationships, particularly "romantic" ones, as a constant side-plot that colors my character's mood state during important scenes on plots involving more characters, and are therefore important, and even worth noting in character reports, though never as the focus of the report if possible.

my 2 sids.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: Evoru on October 09, 2014, 07:53:16 PM
Hey hey hey, we are sadly unrepresented in this thread by all the people who love plots about getting pretty people in their apartments!  :-[

I feel all alone!

That's what I thought the selection for "Normal Murder" was for.

Any plot where you feel your involvment actually matters.
Modern concepts of fair trials and justice are simply nonexistent in Zalanthas. If you are accused, you are guilty until someone important decides you might be useful. It doesn't really matter if you did it or not.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on October 09, 2014, 07:56:56 PM
That's what I thought the selection for "Normal Murder" was for.

I like to think of it as a versatile sort of plot that could fit in with politics/intrigue, too. I suppose if someone wanted to clutch a dagger between their teeth and tie up their partner you could call it a swashbuckling adventure, as well.
Clothes make the man.  Naked people have little or no influence in society.
~Mark Twain

Referring to your partner as "the wastes" isn't very polite.