Searching Your Own Requests.

Started by KankWhisperer, September 30, 2014, 09:43:44 AM

I'm *gasp* attempting to communicate with staff. I want to search through sixty-ish or so character reports. I can't seem to be able to search the main body of the reports? Is that just something for staff and I have to look manually.

On the "Your Requests" page on the website, there should be a search box above the listing of requests, on the right side. It's white against the Armageddon background. That should search the text of all your requests. Try to be pretty specific, because it really does pull back everything :D
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

It appears that we have a staff-side version that searches the body of the request, but for the life of me, I can't get the forward-facing request tool to search the body.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on September 30, 2014, 10:05:34 AM
It appears that we have a staff-side version that searches the body of the request, but for the life of me, I can't get the forward-facing request tool to search the body.

Yeah, I just tried it too, on my player account. Zero results for a word I know that I just put in my last character report.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

If you have your requests sent to your email you could try searching your email?  That's how I search them, and since most reports have an auto-prefix attached to the subject line (like [Sun Runners] or whatever the clan name is) it's easy to set up a filter to send those messages into a specific folder which you can confine your searches to.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: LauraMars on September 30, 2014, 01:27:37 PM
If you have your requests sent to your email you could try searching your email?  That's how I search them, and since most reports have an auto-prefix attached to the subject line (like [Sun Runners] or whatever the clan name is) it's easy to set up a filter to send those messages into a specific folder which you can confine your searches to.

Good idea for the future. I think I've been inconsistent with that.