Idea: Changes to Peek

Started by williamson, August 29, 2014, 11:39:31 AM

Here are a couple of ideas to improve the peek skill.

1) Remove the ability to peek under gloves.

2) Add the ability to peek through the keyhole of a door. On a successful peek, you would see the room as if you were in the room and typed "look". Failure would result in an echo to the targeted room of noise outside the door and no information.

Thought?
"Let sleeping characters sleep naked." -Azroen

I dig this
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I adore the idea of being able to "peek" into rooms.  But why limit it to just keyholes?  If you're standing, you should be able to "peek" into an adjacent room and see what someone in that room would see.  If you fail when a door is open, maybe they see your head pop into the room.  If you fail and the door is closed, then yes, noise etc.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Ooooo, that would be awesome too!
Fredd-

At master peek you should be able to see what they ate today.

I like this idea quite a bit.

Also, when you look at the shortened version of this thread on the right hand side as a 'new post' it shows as

Idea: Changes to Pee
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Get a wider monitor, bro.  :-*

Quote from: valeria on August 30, 2014, 09:34:23 AM
Get a wider monitor, bro.  :-*

It's not a monitor issue, it's the site's.
Fredd-

That's not happening on my theme, which is why I thought it was a monitor thing.  Apparently the solution is...

Get a different GDB theme, bro.

Why is glove peeking a thing

Because Peek at Master is like airport security:

Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Quote from: Bushranger on August 30, 2014, 06:05:15 PM
Because Peek at Master is like airport security:

The picture's not quite clear--are you saying with master peek you can see internal organs, or just genitalia? This could be really important for a future concept I'm working on.

Quote from: Reiloth on August 30, 2014, 03:20:12 AM
Idea: Changes to Pee

I saw this too and have been flipping back and forth between disappointment and hilarity.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: valeria on August 30, 2014, 09:45:04 AM
That's not happening on my theme, which is why I thought it was a monitor thing.  Apparently the solution is...

Get a different GDB theme, bro.

Never!

Changes to Pee will live on forever.

Long live the changes to pee.

I vote that people can >change pee, and it lets you decide if you want to pee in northern, southern, tribal, or desert-stacatto style. You have to learn how first, by watching other pee.

And they said water sports didn't exist in Armageddon!
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~