Wishlists and Scripts

Started by manonfire, August 28, 2014, 08:00:55 AM

It would be so cool if you could subdue a person, or have another person subdue them, and then forcibly apply a tattoo.

Although I bet that would lead to fresh tattoo artists that no one wants to risk their literal hides on twinking up their novice tattooing skill in the 'rinth.  ::)

Quote from: Beethoven on August 29, 2014, 12:19:47 PM
It would be so cool if you could subdue a person, or have another person subdue them, and then forcibly apply a tattoo.

Realistically, nothing is stopping you from doing this! You just need some RP, a little staff notification, and a victim whose player is engaged.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Quote from: Beethoven on August 29, 2014, 12:19:47 PM
Although I bet that would lead to fresh tattoo artists that no one wants to risk their literal hides on twinking up their novice tattooing skill in the 'rinth.  ::)

5 years later...

Quote from: DesertmanI lost karma for training my tattooing skill while sparring.  I don't want to say I disagree with staff's decision. I  understand where they're coming from. At the same time, is the code that realistic?  I can only tattoo unconscious or subdued people against their will?  How else am I supposed to train my skill - not everyone wants to be tattooed by the PC tattoo artist, especially when they're just starting out.  Sometimes they want to use NPCs.  Sometimes there's another tattoo artist PC in the city who is awesome at emoting and gets more business - and then I'm faced with a choice.  Tattoo my unconscious sparring partners (bludgeon weapons ftw), or never raise my skill. Kind of like the problem male whores have now that Nathvaan has implemented the mudsex skill. 

It was in character.  I don't want to give away too much IC information, but my character was a psychopathic dwarf.  He WANTED to tattoo his sparring partners, his focus was to tattoo everyone in the entire world.  So what if he tattooed them more than once? I feel like my voice isn't being heard.  But at the same time I respect staff's decision.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

The subdue skill could use some improving no matter how you look at it. A way to tie people up and the ability to place a knife to the throat of the helpless so interrogation can be possible would be sublime.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

As far as tattooing people non-codedly, it would help if the necessary equipment was available IG. As far as I know, it isn't, but then again, I don't know very far.

Tattooing people non-codedly and... equipment?  Ever see a person with a prison tattoo?  There's knives and ink available in both city states.  Go to town.  Will the results look pretty?  Again... ever see a person with a prison tattoo?
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

True. I still think it would be nice if there was stuff that was actually designed for tattooing, even if it never gets coded, which it probably won't.

The heavily inked, brutish man says, out-of-character, "Remember to turn nosave tattoo off!"

I could be crazy, but I feel like I have seen tattoo tools IG before.

Also, I got the best lol out of this.

Quote from: LauraMars on August 29, 2014, 03:13:13 PM
5 years later...

Quote from: DesertmanI lost karma for training my tattooing skill while sparring.  I don't want to say I disagree with staff's decision. I  understand where they're coming from. At the same time, is the code that realistic?  I can only tattoo unconscious or subdued people against their will?  How else am I supposed to train my skill - not everyone wants to be tattooed by the PC tattoo artist, especially when they're just starting out.  Sometimes they want to use NPCs.  Sometimes there's another tattoo artist PC in the city who is awesome at emoting and gets more business - and then I'm faced with a choice.  Tattoo my unconscious sparring partners (bludgeon weapons ftw), or never raise my skill. Kind of like the problem male whores have now that Nathvaan has implemented the mudsex skill. 

It was in character.  I don't want to give away too much IC information, but my character was a psychopathic dwarf.  He WANTED to tattoo his sparring partners, his focus was to tattoo everyone in the entire world.  So what if he tattooed them more than once? I feel like my voice isn't being heard.  But at the same time I respect staff's decision.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

I've seen tattoo tools, but they were very specific tools of very specific PCs who can add coded tattoos to other PCs, rather than something for general consumption.  Unless you're thinking of something else, in which case I may be crazy.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

- more tamable mounts, and "pets" that would have to be stabled, like gortok or jackals or quirk etc
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on August 29, 2014, 07:37:17 PM
- more tamable mounts, and "pets" that would have to be stabled, like gortok or jackals or quirk etc

Half-elf should need to be rented in stables instead of allowed to quit out in taverns.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

It would be good to have some sort of storage locker arrangement for folks that have to take breaks from Arm longer than the period for which you can rent an apartment. There are probably not many of us, but it would be nice.

I don't know though. There may be some kind of code issue that prevents the creation of a locker system.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Quote from: Norcal on September 06, 2014, 01:30:57 PM
It would be good to have some sort of storage locker arrangement for folks that have to take breaks from Arm longer than the period for which you can rent an apartment. There are probably not many of us, but it would be nice.

I don't know though. There may be some kind of code issue that prevents the creation of a locker system.

Doesn't Nenyuk do this?
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I think that is more for just a couple items. I was thinking like a chest full of items. But really, I'll have to look IC.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

People accumulate too much crap as it is.

Just put all your valuables in a bag and log off. I know it's sort of meta and whatnot. But if you know you're going away for like a RL year or something and don't wanna store and don't wanna lose your silk pantaloons.. Then that's a way to do it?
Modern concepts of fair trials and justice are simply nonexistent in Zalanthas. If you are accused, you are guilty until someone important decides you might be useful. It doesn't really matter if you did it or not.

With how often my PC's die I just really can't care about "storage". I don't even use the bank.

#hardcoremode

If only you could stash your money in your apartment.

>hide coins mattress
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on September 09, 2014, 04:46:12 PM
#hardcoremode

If only you could stash your money in your apartment.

>hide coins mattress
It seems like you could just rename bury command 'stash' for indoor rooms.

Yeah, it'd be cool if it fed off the 'hide' skill, or some variation of it and palm.

Counter skill would be 'search' (which is under-utilized as it is).

I think I mentioned this somewhere on the GDB, maybe in conjunction with the return of 'trap'. Aha, found it.

http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,47721.msg833891.html#msg833891
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but I always thought it would be cool if random NPC gladiators were loaded into the arena for occasional entertainment.

Quote from: Rhyden on September 09, 2014, 08:09:08 PM
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but I always thought it would be cool if random NPC gladiators were loaded into the arena for occasional entertainment.
Yeh. This should happen every couple of IC days, along with a plethora of varied messages and stuff. The script could take into account whether there was a PC in of x ranking in x clan in x room, likely the noble stands AND the room you summon the NPCs from, and kill itself, to help keep PC run arena events running smoothly.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on September 09, 2014, 08:29:38 PM
Yeh. This should happen every couple of IC days, along with a plethora of varied messages and stuff. The script could take into account whether there was a PC in of x ranking in x clan in x room, likely the noble stands AND the room you summon the NPCs from, and kill itself, to help keep PC run arena events running smoothly.

This would be pretty great actually. Load two aggro mobs, have them go at each other. Have them (or the room) fire off a few emotes/echoes... I'd watch.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on September 09, 2014, 08:38:17 PM
Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on September 09, 2014, 08:29:38 PM

This would be pretty great actually. Load two aggro mobs, have them go at each other. Have them (or the room) fire off a few emotes/echoes... I'd watch.

It'd be like the Southern equivalent to the "Tonight's Show is about to start in the Entertainment Hall" ala the Sanctuary.

~Jack Vance~

Yeah only way cooler because death is happening.