A Red Robed Inspection by Case

Started by Adhira, August 08, 2014, 03:48:09 PM

This was fantastic. My characters that weren't lucky enough to interact with her still heard stories about Lady L loooooong after she was gone. Great PC.

Oh my poor dwarves.

Sadface.  Tor loved you well.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I remember a lot of these folks. Maaaaaany of my PCs had long talks with these faces after fun stints in the dungeons.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

So many awesome characters that I remember so vividly.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I wish I and more of the other Tor expats had been around for this.  If they had also joined the AoD, I imagine they would have felt a lot like Shrinty. Might've caused a really interesting schism in the Arm (maybe it did anyway, I don't know, I was out of state for a couple months :P).
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

I never got to RP with Lyvren or any of these people because I wasn't playing the game when this happened and reading this log makes me really sad that I TOTALLY MISSED OUT.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Meso's execution was publicly done in the Arena at the start of the Arena Games of the time.

Shrinty did stay on, and her ending is very different. I logged everything that ever happened. If staff let me, I might be able to post some more logs.

Quote from: LauraMars on August 09, 2014, 02:43:14 PM
I never got to RP with Lyvren or any of these people because I wasn't playing the game when this happened and reading this log makes me really sad that I TOTALLY MISSED OUT.

And i think I had a PC in Tuluk at that time.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Did Shrinty start her story as Runner Dung? (They all look alike) If so, that would be a marvellous story in its own right.

Quote from: solera on August 10, 2014, 07:02:06 PM
Did Shrinty start her story as Runner Dung? (They all look alike) If so, that would be a marvellous story in its own right.

She did.

Titania, how seriously did you entertain thought of storage in the aftermath of this? What made you decide to keep playing?

My friends went to the wall for me OOCly with the staff on an issue and I felt obligated to continue to play for all the trouble they put themselves through. This was perhaps a mirror of the obligation of her focus forcing her to continue to be a loyal soldier with Meso and Lew dead. She was so happy earlier when the Tor dwarves were allowed to all leave Tor and join Salarr. When Lyvren pulled some strings and Meso decided to join the Arm then her focus said she had to as well.

The role was too much for me. I do miss riding around with those three or four other elite dwarves beating up 'meks and spider nests for fun but I don't know how to play a super soldier who never makes a tactical mistake. (Especially without the other Tors to cover my mistakes) Even the mistakes that ended in her death I felt -she- wasn't capable of making but I, the slow typing laggy mere mortal behind the keyboard with a poor sense of direction, was perfectly capable of.

This log made me sad. My character was indirectly mentioned once or twice, I believe. (Huss's family, honorable discharges)

I regret my lack of playtime then and my storage. I wish I had been around for this in the Arm.
Alea iacta est

I asked, and I can submit another log for consideration if I like. I found 2 options after a quick search that I think would be good; which would people prefer, a showcase of some pretty cool political play with some super awesome PCs playing their own agendas, or a major raid with many many many people and stuff getting violent and fighty? It takes me lots of hours to clean them up so I'd like to make sure I work on one people wanna see :)

Tell me by PM if you wanna vote, and possibly mention anything else you wanna see - either a genre, or some events you were involved in and would like to see (that Lyv was involved in). Do not reply with votes in this thread as per the rules. I'll delete this post after I'm done selecting.

Quote from: racurtne on August 14, 2014, 09:41:41 PM
This log made me sad. My character was indirectly mentioned once or twice, I believe. (Huss's family, honorable discharges)

I regret my lack of playtime then and my storage. I wish I had been around for this in the Arm.
Don't feel bad.  As the one who replaced you, I learned that militia sergeant/officer is an extremely demanding role.  Possibly even harder than templar (because there is usually more than one PC templar to spread the workload).  I, too, eventually burned out and stored (though there was other stuff going on in my life as well).  Anyone who sticks with that position for a decent amount of time has my sincerest kudos.

It was a good crew, and we went through some rough shit.  (Spider jobs, the Allanaki food riots...)

Trust was always very dynamic with Lady Templar Lyvren.

Meso's imprisonment and execution hit everyone pretty hard.

Late to the party here but I thoroughly enjoyed this log.  Pretty much all of these characters helped shaped and influenced my character back when I was a newb.  Kudos to you all and thanks for putting up with me when our paths crossed.

#waves of nostalgia washing over me# Good times, good times.

Years and years ago, when I first experimented with ARM, Lady Lyvren arrested my first pickpocket named Nysalah.  She let me go with a warning.  I kanked the leader of the rinth, then fell to the bottom of a well.  Mantis head.

Good times.
There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. Can you feel it?  Can you?
- Rumi

I love how old logs become fresh again...  :)

Quote from: wizturbo on May 12, 2015, 05:59:22 PM
Honestly, I thought this was was sort of decomposing.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: bcw81 on May 12, 2015, 06:19:55 PM
Quote from: wizturbo on May 12, 2015, 05:59:22 PM
Honestly, I thought this was was sort of decomposing.
*zing!*
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"