August! Vote!

Started by The7DeadlyVenomz, August 01, 2014, 12:24:00 AM

Voting has been reset for TMS. Get out there and make a difference. Damn this hovering around the middle. Get the top five, now!
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on August 01, 2014, 12:24:00 AM
Voting has been reset for TMS. Get out there and make a difference. Damn this hovering around the middle. Get the top five, now!

What he said.

If you've bothered to check the boards, you have the time to vote :D

Heh, jumped from 14 to 9 right after I voted. Early is fun  :)

Yesterday 5. Today 16!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I am so pleased with you voters. Thanks for making us number 15.

/snark

42 votes? Seriously?

Alright, whatever.

Well, the DNS was down or whatever that one day and I don't keep the buttons elsewhere.

Solution?  Vote more.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on August 03, 2014, 03:29:03 AM
I am so pleased with you voters. Thanks for making us number 15.

/snark

42 votes? Seriously?

Alright, whatever.

"here's a community of people I wanna put my vote in for" - said every new player sarcastically, who then went to vote for aardwolf

Whatever happens, happens.

Point taken. I was frustrated.

7 more votes on TMS and we can take a rank.

Remember, out votes count as well.
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

Quote from: The Lonely Hunter on August 04, 2014, 09:48:52 AM
Remember, out votes count as well.

I think all that is is a measurement of who went to the site from TMS.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Who's wang does someone have to give tender love to in order to get some votes on TMS?

Come on people.

Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

11 more votes would put us in the top 10.  I know it's pre-peak, but we should be able to swing 11 votes.

I voted.

Felt delightful.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

We are 4 votes from 12th place and 13 votes from 11th place on TMS.  This is totally doable.

BatMud is beating us on TMS. You guys can let that stand if you want. No pressure.
"Hello, you fellows! You're the very animals I was coming to see! Come along! Hop up! We'll go for a jolly ride! The open road, the dusty highway. Come! I'll show you the world. Travel, change, excitement..!" -Wind in the Willows

BatMUD isn't even fucking about Batman!

Tied with them now!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I don't get how some of these other games beat us in the votes when their player base is smaller and their game is inferior. I imagine that staying in the top ten is beneficial to us getting new clicks - is it really that much of a problem to vote?

Contant "go vote!" posts are annoying and the only people that read them are the people voting anyway. What else can we do to raise voting awareness?
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

Seeing this thread pop up all the time was one of the things that got me into the habit of voting when I really meant to start doing so, but just kept forgetting.  Which is why I tend to refresh it on a daily basis if someone hasn't already.

I feel like I notice a huge difference in terms of how much traffic we get in the helper chat when we're ranked high on TMS versus when we're low on it.

We're already way far ahead oh Dark and Forsaken Lands in TMC, but we're still low-ranking in TMS. We need more voters on TMS badly.

Quote from: Nyr on August 27, 2014, 10:20:31 AM
Quote from: Kaineus on August 27, 2014, 10:10:24 AM
I would have put this in the voting thread but it's mysteriously locked (one of the new forum helpers have gone rogue, perhaps):

Vote -- not that there is much point voting this month, because you all sucked ass at voting this month. 15th place, for shame!

which voting thread?

This thread is the one for August!  :)

For that matter, numbers-wise and historically, our position on TMS only matters in the top 3-4.  Once our numbers drop below that, we get a negligible amount of new accounts from it.

Reiteration for the sake of clarity:

We do have the numbers to maintain a top 10 position with very little effort on TMS; we should strive to do that as it keeps us "above the fold" and for visibility's sake, it's nice.
We do have the numbers to maintain #2 on TMS.  However, it requires a lot of discipline, reminders, and potentially (in lieu of that discipline and manual reminder process) integrated, opt-in coding to let players know when they can vote again.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.