uber twink vs normal twink

Started by timb, July 31, 2014, 10:01:53 PM

July 31, 2014, 10:01:53 PM Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:06:35 PM by timb
Some times when you see plots that are staff sanctioned vs those not, like maybe those where pseudo-nobles survive in a city of female mind-worms because staff wants it, drop mountains on tribes and delete as much content as is produced, but crack down on others because the world would react as  you are common,  seems out of touch. Comments?

Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

July 31, 2014, 10:04:45 PM #2 Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:07:30 PM by RogueGunslinger
What?

No.

Edit: Didn't we just fucking discuss this stuff? Here you go, Timb: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,47771.0.html

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on July 31, 2014, 10:04:45 PM
What?

No.

Edit: Didn't we just fucking discuss this stuff?

Maybe, you are a gick and cast in a city, get slammed, You are a spy for Nak and can survive as wife to whoever won the Gray hunt? When in times past all white robes were mind worms?

Should staff do hi-scifi at the expense a lo scifi reality game, is this better asked on pseudo boards or is this game mature enough to ask in the open?

Quote from: Kismetic on July 31, 2014, 10:17:53 PM
bro, do you even twink
I try my best not to, I'm sure I fall short of an epic RPI standard  at times.

Work on your suspension of disbelief. There are multiple explanations that can account for the things you're trying to point out as staff favoritism or staffs lack of consistency. You'll be much happier assuming the best than the worse, because fact of the matter is, you don't have 100% of the information behind all these instances.

There's nothing here adding anything to the discussion we already had on this. Perhaps instead of asking vague questions you can establish your point.

Quote from: timb on July 31, 2014, 10:18:09 PM
Should staff do hi-scifi at the expense a lo scifi reality game, is this better asked on pseudo boards or is this game mature enough to ask in the open?

I don't understand your question here.

I don't think you're being mature enough to ask what you're trying to ask in a fitting manner that isn't going to instantly get your thread locked. You clearly have a point that you're skirting around. Just come out and say what you want to say.

I'm on the verge of locking this, because the OP is bordering (but not quite there) on antagonistic.

Timb, I'll ask you this - are you asking if staff should have the right to do what they want with the game, at the expense of the game's history, and in some cases, while breaking perceptions commonly held about the way the Law was handled in the North? I'm only asking because your queries are exceptionally disjointed.

Assuming that this is what you are asking, yes, they have the right. No, we may not all agree with every choice they make, but yes, they have the right.

Do they have the right to create cracks in what has previously been a situation with no cracks, for the sake of a story? Yes, they do - and if you think about it, this spy thing was the advent to change the system and create cracks for 'bad guys' to fall into.

Ask things, but try to be open minded. You're asking questions in a way that's designed to lead an opinion, not gather one.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

What is the purpose of continually hinting at IC information, by the way? Can't you make the same point without doing so?

(I realize that "common knowledge" is an ever-expanding thing, thanks to the GDB.)
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

vague troll something something troll something statistical data.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Timb, there is already a thread discussing this topic right here. I encourage you to move your questions and commentary there, and do so in a less antagonistic manner. In the interests of keeping things consolidated, and encouraging more intelligent discussion of the topic, I will go ahead and lock this thread.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."