Positivity revisited. Explain your addiction.

Started by Norcal, July 28, 2014, 10:47:49 AM

Pretty much what Kevo said... gives me a safe place to test out filtered portions of the personality I present to others in order to determine what sort of reaction can be expected, generally, from people. If it turns out badly, roll up a new one and give it a good run.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

The Plots.  Especially when they're the social/political backstabbing game of thrones variety.  Especially when they end in ultraviolence.

That's always what keeps me awake past my bedtime, heart pounding, eyes wide open, wondering what the fuck is going to happen next - and it's also what keeps me coming back for more.

But the Byn is pretty great too.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

The players.

And the plots.

Nothing feels like Armageddon.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

August 28, 2014, 08:44:34 AM #53 Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 08:47:02 AM by Quirrilicious
Quote from: Gimfalisette on August 28, 2014, 08:27:04 AM
The players.

And the plots.

Nothing feels like Armageddon.

I have been playing Arm for near nine years and though I take extensive breaks from time to time I always come back. These things are probably the things that bring me back the most, regardless of whatever it was that put me off of it in the first place. I get a hankering for the plots (whether involved in them or not, just hearing them IG is enough) and the clever, creative, cunning, amusing people that I get to play with every day and I always get pulled back in. There is no other MUD that I have played that I have liked, Arm was my first and they always pale greatly in comparison to it, in all aspects. I have dabbled in a few, but never for more than a week before I'm like "Ugh, this game is horrible, I want my Arm back." and then I come back appreciating this game and community even more. Graphical games I tend to lose interest in after a while. MMOs and console games I generally do not play for more than six months at a time before become disenchanted with them and come crawling back to Arm, like a junkie jonesing for a fix and desperately trying to get some play from their dealer. Arm isn't called Crackageddon for nothing.

:'( I love you guys. :-*

The cool new commoner clothes in the shops in Tuluk and Allanak!  They rock! Thanks Adhira!
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

September 04, 2014, 11:50:32 PM #55 Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 12:02:30 AM by RogueGunslinger
Quote from: Norcal on September 04, 2014, 11:30:22 PM
The cool new commoner clothes in the shops in Tuluk and Allanak!  They rock! Thanks Adhira!

Oooh, Oooh, I'm exited.

ALSO THIS:

3 mounts created for Nak mount seller
--Adhira

YEAH BABY.

Edit: Also devotions NPC is back, fuck yeah.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on September 04, 2014, 11:50:32 PM
Edit: Also devotions NPC is back, fuck yeah.

The devotions NPC is a badass preacher!
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

I can't wait for the day when he just schools a scrab without skipping a word of sermon.

When I was a player, I was addicted to all the things I'd see in this game that I'd never seen before. You may think you know all about the code, the lore, the areas, but there's always something that's waiting to surprise you.

These days I'm addicted to giving those same kinds of surprises to you guys, and it's just as rewarding. Even when I stay up really really really unhealthily late to do it!
Quote from: RockScissors are fine.  Please nerf paper.

Speaking on behalf of the people who stay up unhealthily late to play (and off-peak players too, I suppose), we appreciate it Rahnevyn. :)

Quote from: manipura on September 05, 2014, 12:28:42 PM
Speaking on behalf of the people who stay up unhealthily late to play (and off-peak players too, I suppose), we appreciate it Rahnevyn. :)

+1
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Deleted, wrong page!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I like the fact that there are so many players passionate about this game, and who are willing to express strong opinions.

I like the fact that I am involved in a game  where I actually care about changes made to a type of guild I may never even be able to play, and that there are lot's of other players in the same situation who care just as much or even more.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

I'm here to eventually, someday, kill all of you people at least once so I can say I have killed every GDBers PC.

I'll put all your boots in individual cases. It'll be quite lovely.

Quote from: Saellyn on September 19, 2014, 05:55:51 AM
I'm here to eventually, someday, kill all of you people at least once so I can say I have killed every GDBers PC.

That's like some serial killer level shit.

Quote from: Quirrilicious on September 20, 2014, 03:48:24 AM

Inspiring, isn't it?

I wonder if you've already gotten me, or if I need to enter that dance with you. o.O
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I had some aggravating issues with other players in my clan not following documentation a while back. I reported regularly and worked with staff to produce more concise documentation so that staff could in good conscience police players who were out of line. I'm all about having players police players through IC consequence, but sometimes it just doesn't make much sense for it to be happening in the first place. I appreciate the leg work by the staff involved in that.

It was a pretty toxic environment in that clan and I'm glad staff actively worked to improve the clan for future players.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Armaddict on September 20, 2014, 06:28:17 PM

I wonder if you've already gotten me, or if I need to enter that dance with you. o.O

I have a total of like three or four PKs over four years. The chance of it being you is very slim.