A few questions about Allanak

Started by Eyeball, July 09, 2014, 03:37:01 AM

1. Are the purposes and functions of the obsidian dome off Meleth's circle general knowledge? (If they are, I recommend some notes be added to the Allanak Details webpage describing them, and worship of the Dragon in general).

2. What is in the area between the bazaar and the east wall of the city (wrapped by Merchant's Road)?

3. What function does a Consul serve?

Quote from: Eyeball on July 09, 2014, 03:37:01 AM
1. Are the purposes and functions of the obsidian dome off Meleth's circle general knowledge? (If they are, I recommend some notes be added to the Allanak Details webpage describing them, and worship of the Dragon in general).

It's a new temple. It was announced as such on the tavern boards when it first opened up about a year ago. It's also apparently got an office for the Ministry of Trade, as you can buy a merchant's license there.

2. What is in the area between the bazaar and the east wall of the city (wrapped by Merchant's Road)?

Greater Merchant Houses (and a few Noble houses) have their estates there. Also, salt yards.

3. What function does a Consul serve?

Gives nobles another title to clobber the plebs over the head with. Fuckin' nobs.

The northeastern area might be called the Merchant's Quarter but I don't know if I've ever actually heard it referred to such or if I'm just crazy...?

You could probably ask what a Consul does in-game.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Northeastern are where two of our GMH's compound are, Salarr and Kadius. Plus some Virtual Houses, like Nenyuk and Jal, I guess.

Jal is decidedly not a merchant house, though their salting operation is indeed located in the northeast of town. Also, House Borsail has taken up residence in the old Kuraci estate for the moment.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on July 09, 2014, 04:04:10 AM
It's a new temple. It was announced as such on the tavern boards when it first opened up about a year ago. It's also apparently got an office for the Ministry of Trade, as you can buy a merchant's license there.

This maybe a "found out IC" question, but you can now buy a license codely?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Barsook on July 09, 2014, 09:14:50 AM
Quote from: BadSkeelz on July 09, 2014, 04:04:10 AM

This maybe a "found out IC" question, but you can now buy a license codely?

Yes, but it's more fun to look for a Templar, though.

Also, the price seems to vary between PC templars and the offices.  It might be cheaper to look for a PC.

The NE area of the city is also home to some indie warehouses, I believe (both codedly and virtually).
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

It was more expensive for my elf, I remember getting charged a small over the desk npc's fees. Maybe something to keep in mind.
Quote from: Zoan on January 07, 2014, 02:29:56 PM
DEFENESTRATION DOESN'T SOLVE ALL OF YOUR PROBLEMS, FRANCE.

Have a look here: http://armageddon.org/help/view/Map%20Allanak

The Merchant estates are to the north of Merchant's Road. The Noble estates are south of the Merchant's Gate. That leaves a fairly large patch of land open between the bazaar and the Merchant's Gate. What is in there? (There actually used to be a small house or two north of the Merchant's Gate but those are long gone).

Well, the Atrium is in there. And, like I said, warehouses.  That doesn't really account for the whole space, but it isn't completely empty.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Isn't the Atrium not playable anymore?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I thought the Atrium was on Meleth's, next to the Arboretum?

The Atrium is located off Meleth's while the Terash and Nenyuk estates are up in the northeast.

There was a role call for House Terash a couple years ago but I don't think anything ever came of it.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

The Atrium is located on Arena Way, where the map shows it. I believe the map of Allanak incorrectly had it next to the Arboretum for a while, but I fixed that a month or two back. It's not currently open as a clan, but it still exists, of course.

The rest of that space is probably occupied by normal virtual city stuff; houses, militia barracks, shops, warehouses, etc. Maybe facilities for the virtual Houses in Allanak, like Kasix slave pens and servant compounds for Rennik, Jal, Sath, etc...

Quote from: RockScissors are fine.  Please nerf paper.

And so...
If you look at the map linked in an above post: http://armageddon.org/help/view/Map%20Allanak

The Atrium, which is the "school" founded by Pearl Terash, is just to the right of the arena, on the north side of the road, with a gate (the equal sign). It's also just left of the old dragon temple, designated with a Dt.

If you look to the left of all that, you'll see a T with a tilde over it. That's the water temple. Directly north of that, is another gate. That's the Arboretum.

Now, head into the Bazaar area, which is designated by all the numbered shops. Look at #21. Now look right of that. The first intersection leads up to the Byn, and south to the side road. Then, you see the 1-room Soldier barracks on the north and south side of that road. The second real intersection leads off only to the north. Follow that. It takes you north past Borsail (formerly Kurac), then east, as if you were going to the Salarr and Kadius estates. After you turn and go just a couple of "rooms," to the north is Voryek, and the south is Terash. Terash has no designation on that map, but it's directly across from Voryek if I remember right. If not it's just a room or two further toward Salarr Way (the long, 5-room road that leads to the Salarr estate).

In summary: There are three different things: House Terash, which operates the Atrium (and the Silver Ginka tearoom), and the Arboretum, which is the nobility-only gathering spot.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.