Taking one object when there are several

Started by lechaz, June 13, 2014, 02:19:41 PM

I'm sitting at a bar for 20 minutes and it's impossible to get the mug I bought !!!!!
All I can do is taking empty mugs. What the hell am I supposed to do ?

KEY MUG BAR

Also if you bought it it'll be in your inv unless you put it down
Part-Time Internets Lady

Quote from: QuillDipper on June 13, 2014, 02:21:48 PM
KEY MUG BAR

Also if you bought it it'll be in your inv unless you put it down

Thanks! So many commands... it's not easy to start in this game  :o

Actually, I needed a heads up on that command syntax too.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

It  tells you which one of the gazillion is your one full one?

No but it stops you from grabbing the same empty mug over and over
Part-Time Internets Lady

It doesn't let you see which one is yours. "empty" isn't a keyword, neither is "full" So ALL the mugs on the bar are "a miniature barrel" or whatever the sdesc is. If there are 20 of them on the bar, you won't have any way of knowing which ones have something in them, which are full, half-full, or completely empty.  The only way to know that is to pick them up off the bar.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Empty IS a keyword though. Full isn't, however.

key mug
get 104.shit.moulded.mug

Just pick out the ones that aren't empty

Quote from: Cabooze on June 13, 2014, 08:57:33 PM
key mug
get 104.shit.moulded.mug

Just pick out the ones that aren't empty

you won't see
1. a mug
2. a mug
3. a mug
4. a mug
5. a mug
6. an empty mug
7. an empty mug
8. an empty mug.

You will see:

1. a mug
2. a mug
3. a mug
4. a mug
5. a mug
6. a mug
7. a mug
8. a mug

and if you try "key empty.mug"
you will get
There is no such keyword here (or whatever the echo is).

Lizzie I think you're wrong. I'm almost positive it does show you them separated.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 13, 2014, 09:40:35 PM
Lizzie I think you're wrong. I'm almost positive it does show you them separated.

It does show you them separated, but I can't recall ever being able to target them by the appended "empty" keyword.

Of course since I'm usually looking for a full one, and full ones don't get extra keywords that might just have been because I never tried :P

in the case of mugs in the gaj, they don't differentiate empty or not with a keyword or when listing them with the key command. most mugs and bottles and such DO that, though, where you CAN refer to them by empty.bottle or what have you, but not that particular type of mug. Maybe it's a bug.

What you would do is use key mug bar. That shows you all the mugs there. Then, try them at the beginning and end of the list; get 1.mug bar, get 20.mug bar, etc, and you'll eventually find the one with fluid. cumbersome due to not being properly labeled like most containers are.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

This might be a good time to remind people about the "junk" command. You don't have to 'put mug bar,' adding to the already-ridiculous clutter of empty containers. You can, instead:

(with a nod to ~bartender) junk mug [setting it down on the bar]

or similar.

Maybe bartenders can get an occasional tendency to >get empty.mug bar and >junk empty.mug [wiping it out and setting it aside]

Lazy asses, haha. Its so funny that bars occasionally get enough empties for there to be no more room for another.

In experience I typically fill waterskins by targeting the 'empty' keyword. Not sure if this applies to all objects, but there you go.

- Symph

Quote from: musashi on May 27, 2011, 06:24:12 AM
No no you see, by date Ghost means "chased his wife around the house with his penis till she cried".

In my experience, 'empty' works as a keyword as long as you don't combine it with any other keyword like 'empty.mug'.

I dunno if it was mentioned in the original answer to the question, but usually when I buy alcohol it's in my inventory and hold <object>.
"Commander, I always used to consider that you had a definite anti-authoritarian streak in you."
"Sir?"
"It seems that you have managed to retain this even though you are authority."
"Sir?"
"That's practically zen."
― Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Quote from: long live miley cyrus on June 14, 2014, 02:58:36 PM
Maybe bartenders can get an occasional tendency to >get empty.mug bar and >junk empty.mug [wiping it out and setting it aside]

Lazy asses, haha. Its so funny that bars occasionally get enough empties for there to be no more room for another.

I would like to see this for the realism.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Try get 10.mug bar?

That syntax works on other muds at least.
Have a Skeeteriffic day!