I timed out in account creation and now I'm stuck.

Started by Kelian, June 01, 2014, 02:57:35 PM

Ok, hi everyone. I'm a big RP person so finding this was awesome, but when I got to the Background stage of character creation I had to go and sort IRL stuff, and it timed out. I assumed this meant the account wasn't registered, so I tried to do it again, to find out my account HAS been registered. I don't remember putting in a password though (I only ever use one of five and have tried them all, but maybe I did put one in and am being stupid), and I now don't know what to do.
Should I make a new email and make new account with same character, or what?

If the explanation is obvious I'll probably facepalm and will get down to enjoying the game...

I think this is more of a question for the staff to answer.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Character creation and account creation are two different things.

I would suggest asking the question in Ask The Staff section.

Welcome to Armageddon, I hope you get this sorted out quickly. The suggestion I would like to make is to read the information in the help sections on how characters are created so you know what is needed and then write it all up first and that way when you log in to actually create your character you can just copy and paste everything. The server does time you out after inactivity with character generation. So working in this manner allows you to have everything ready and you can just paste it in and complete it in a matter of minutes.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Hi Kelian, if you send an email to mud@armageddon.org, an Administrator could look into this for you. Or, if you like, you could register a different account and use that instead.
Quote from: RockScissors are fine.  Please nerf paper.

June 02, 2014, 10:09:40 AM #5 Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 10:34:41 AM by Kelian
Quote from: slvrmoontiger on June 01, 2014, 08:51:45 PM
I would suggest asking the question in Ask The Staff section.

Welcome to Armageddon, I hope you get this sorted out quickly. The suggestion I would like to make is to read the information in the help sections on how characters are created so you know what is needed and then write it all up first and that way when you log in to actually create your character you can just copy and paste everything. The server does time you out after inactivity with character generation. So working in this manner allows you to have everything ready and you can just paste it in and complete it in a matter of minutes.

I did that but because I had to sort some real life stuff quickly I unfortunately didn't make it back in time to paste the background :P.

Thanks guys for replying, I think I'll just make a new account with same char.

EDIT: Character now submitted. Thanks again!

Protip: buy the most expensive pair of boots you can find.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

REAL protip: loordcooper is joking. Don't do that.