Deleted

Started by Arckeya, May 11, 2014, 06:38:20 AM

May 11, 2014, 06:38:20 AM Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 06:55:59 PM by Arckeya
Deleted

With one hand held casually behind his back, the other extended out towards you, the decrepit old man in a ragtag cloak says in sirihish: "Hello, friend."

The decrepit old man in a ragtag cloak flashes what must be his most winning smile.

Welcome, can I haz your boots?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Hello and welcome!  I too love permadeath and the depth of the world.  The documentation can be a little overwhelming at first.  If you have any questions at all, or even just want to cry when you lose your first beloved character, please don't hesitate to stick your head in the helper's chat.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Hello and welcome to Armageddon. This is a great MUD and I hope you enjoy it. I like new players coming into the mix and bringing in fresh blood (so to speak) to liven things up in a new and different way. Good luck on your travels and may His Majesty's Radiance light and guide your way.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

I'm going to enjoy watching you die... Mister Arckeya

May 11, 2014, 05:17:58 PM #6 Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 05:28:24 PM by solera
Ahem! HIS Shadow protect you!

PS Please find CodeMaster's posts in this thread.

http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,10535.0.html

No! Turn back while you still can! Don't let Ginka's claws take you, too!

Ahem...I mean. Welcome to Armageddon.  :)

Welcome aboard! I've spent more time with this game in the seven or eight years that I've played that I'd like to admit.  It'll leave you laughing, crying, cussing, throwing a fit as well as any of your favorite books or television series.  Sometimes when your characters (or those around you) die, it'll feel like a little piece of you did to, sometimes, it's like a celebration. All in all, it is and has been my favorite hobby and will be for probably many years to come.  Best of luck to you!

-FW

Also, don't forget to use, miss-use, and abuse the player helpers through the real-time chat on the main page. They love it, I know I use to when I had the time to be one!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Welcome to Armageddon, enjoy your stay, and please remember not to feed the Gortoks.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Welcome. My advice is, remember to make sure your first 30 PCs are expendable. 30 or so. That means when you die you look forward to the next PC. Glad you like it. :)
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: Harmless on May 13, 2014, 06:39:35 AM
Welcome. My advice is, remember to make sure your first 30 PCs are expendable. 30 or so. That means when you die you look forward to the next PC. Glad you like it. :)

Geez. I've been playing for four and a half years and have only played seven characters. Admittedly there was a break in there where I didn't play for around a year or so. Don't be intimidated. If you play realistically you don't have to make 30 expendable PCs. Just don't get too attached to a concept before you've got things figured out.
Alea iacta est

Quote from: racurtne on May 13, 2014, 09:45:52 AM

Geez. I've been playing for four and a half years and have only played seven characters. Admittedly there was a break in there where I didn't play for around a year or so. Don't be intimidated. If you play realistically you don't have to make 30 expendable PCs. Just don't get too attached to a concept before you've got things figured out.

My PC count is shameful. 93 not including my current. And I've been playing since 2008. ^.^ Play fast, play hard, or go home XD

A staff member sends:

Quote from: Kol on May 13, 2014, 02:19:38 PM
Play fast, play hard, or go home XD

Byn fo' life.
Whatever happens, happens.

Quote from: racurtne on May 13, 2014, 09:45:52 AM

My PC count is shameful. 93 not including my current. And I've been playing since 2008. ^.^ Play fast, play hard, or go home XD

I lost my first account and however many characters I played on it. But on this account since 2009, I've played 54. I'm pretty sure my other account had around 100.

Back when I was new I died a LOT more. I honestly think my rate slowing is more due to me maturing as a person than me getting better at the game. I'm more patient and don't run out and get my characters killed for any old reason anymore. I make less flavor roles, but am sort of getting back into that.

Quote from: TheWanderer on May 13, 2014, 02:21:46 PM
Play fast, play hard, or go home XD

Byn fo' life.

Lol, I've only ever played a Bynner with 2 PC's, one was a Sarge that ran into the silt sea with his ENTIRE SQUAD. Good times.
A staff member sends:

Some players will find they die often, some players have their first character last over an RL year. Some players have been playing for years and only have had a handful of characters, and others have have three pages worth of dead PCs to scroll through when I look up their account notes. It all varies according to your play style.

Regardless, folks, please keep new player question threads tightly on topic and focused towards answering questions the new player asked. This isn't the place for all GDB posters to relate how many characters they personally have had.
Quote from: RockScissors are fine.  Please nerf paper.