On Getting Involved in Plots and Secrecy (Yet another thread saved from RAT)

Started by thewolfen3, April 29, 2014, 02:54:01 AM

Quote from: Armaddict on May 07, 2014, 02:21:54 AM

I think the playerbase, as a whole, has come to a much more 'cooperative' state than things used to be.  

Yeah, definitely people are cooperating much more effectively to kill me than they used to, I agree.

Jokes aside, I see where you're coming from with this comment, but less than a year ago I had a PC get framed for a murder... then executed, so depending on what you mean by aggressive action, either the act of killing an innocent to frame my PC, or the execution of my PC, or the handful of PCs my PC had killed... I mean, there was a lot of bloodshed and it was all less than a year ago.

Now as recently as a month ago I can think of four distinct aggressive actions, i.e., murders, and all were carried out with deliberate action, cooperation, and plotting/spying.

So, not sure if this is just a "where you play" or "who you play with" or "how you play" but I am not concerned that the playerbase has gotten soft. I actually feel like this playerbase is even more dangerous than ever.

Oh, did I mention the several staked heads I've been seeing lately? I mean, seriously, the game is really doing quite well.

Just to add: In the above, merchant house family members were involved. Templars were involved. Nobles were somewhat involved. I think that nobles are in an "in-between" area, between the level of freedom that merchants get by not being noble but having some power, and the absolute power and authority that templars get. Nobles don't have much more power than merchant housers but a lot more to lose. I don't blame nobles for not stirring the plots that I have experienced, though, I think that I just haven't been a part of what they are doing.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2